February, 2007

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • Dynamic Product Pages on support.dell.com

A recently added feature to the Support.dell.com site, the Dynamic Product Pages function, is a key addition as we work to keep customers current and updated on your products. With these pages, we've really tried to centralize as much support information...
  • Dell Vista Upgrade Kits Begin Shipping, SoundBlaster Audigy MB Software Update

Direct2Dell readers like and George have reported that their Vista upgrade disks will be shipping soon. The Vista express upgrade kits started shipping this week and will ship in a first-in-first-out order. You will receive two DVDs: one for the Vista...
  • Join the Green Grid

Yesterday, a new organization called The Green Grid announced the completion of the consortium’s formation and issued a call for members. The Green Grid is a global consortium dedicated to developing and promoting energy efficiency for data centers...
  • Latitude Notebooks Join Dell n-Series

Since we launched Dell IdeaStorm last week, Linux-related topics own three of the top four spots in terms of overall popularity. To see the progress made on some of the top ideas from the first week, take a look at the ideas in action tab . I wanted...
  • Blog In Different Languages (Feb.)

We agree this is clearly a requirement. We're close to rolling out a blog in our second language and we’re working on our third. It's clear that blogs are becoming global communication tools. Expect more within the next month.
  • Look What I Did On My Dell

Concurrent with the Dell IdeaStorm launch we announced a YouTube-like video upload capability for the "Your Stories" segment of StudioDell . Your idea to stage contests also has merit and, StudioDell is probably one of the right venues to do...
  • No Extra Software Option

Dell recognizes our customers’ desire to have unlimited control over the software on their PC. In fact, today XPS customers can opt-out of almost all preinstalled software. We will be expanding this effort in the coming months. In addition to focusing...
  • Linux Options

It’s exciting to see the IdeaStorm community’s interest in open source solutions like Linux and OpenOffice. Your feedback has been all about flexibility and we have seen a consistent request to provide platforms that allow people to install...
  • Dell Celebrates Black History Month with Dr. Johnnetta B. Cole

“It’s in my hands and in your hands to make this nation of ours truly a living democracy.” Those words were just one of the many insights and inspirations shared by Dr. Johnnetta Betsch Cole during her visit to Central Texas earlier this week. Dell welcomed...
  • Does Vista Run Second Life?

Not to make this blog be "All-Vista-All-The-Time", but I wanted to chime in about some issues that have surfaced around running Second Life on Vista systems. I first heard that there might be a problem when the Second Life Insider reported that one...