December, 2006

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • Update from Second Life

Hope everyone out there has been having a great holiday season! I can't forget to thank Neville Hobson for inviting me to attend my first ever virtual world holiday party last week at the Crayon headquarters. It was a bit chaotic with all the conversations...
  • XPS 710, Updated 30" Display

We launched the XPS 710 and the updated 30-inch flat panel last month. In an earlier post , I mentioned that the 710 supports the Core 2 Extreme QX 6700 quad-core processor . It also features processor overclocking in the BIOS. Look near the bottom of...
  • Blog Tag: 5 Things About Lionel

I was tagged by fellow corporate blogger Eric Kintz over at HP. Though it took a while to make it to us, I think it's good that corporate bloggers are being included. Here goes: 1. I have an Archaeology degree from the University of Texas. I focused...
  • Dell Support Tips Through the Holidays & Beyond

With the busy holiday season upon us, I thought it important to take the time to write this to share a few tips on how to get the most from your experience with Dell, whether that be a purchase experience, product use experience, or support experience...
  • Ratings & Reviews on Dell.com

We’re always looking for ways to incorporate customer feedback into our products. Figuring out how to make it easier for customers to provide that feedback tends to be a challenge. In numerous studies like this one , it’s clear that customers...
  • Free Recycling Now Available to Consumers Worldwide

In August, I wrote about some of the responsible product retirement options we offer customers. With yesterday's announcement , we completed the rollout of our Global Recycling Policy. In short, we offer consumers free recycling of any Dell-branded...
  • XPS M1710 Gets Blu-ray

Today we announced that the XPS M1710 is available to order with a Blu-ray optical drive. It’s our first system that will ship with one of these drives. In their article , Gizmodo shows a picture of the software app we’ll use for Blu-ray playback,...
  • XPS 700: Where We Are Today

Since I’m still getting lots of comments and questions from XPS 700 readers, I wanted to centralize some of the main XPS 700 topics so that we’re all on the same page. Some readers complain about how much time you have to wait for updates. Our aim...
  • Navigating Global Recycling Legislation

A while back, Michael Graham Richard at Treehugger.com asked me to blog about how we deal with environmental regulations that may differ slightly from one area of the world to another. It’s a unique challenge, but it’s one we have to solve to implement...
  • Energy Smart PowerEdge Servers

To follow on from John’s post from last week , energy efficiency continues to be an important topic. In September this year , we rolled out the OptiPlex 745 , a desktop that brought stronger performance while reducing the power requirements vs. our previous...