July, 2006

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • Dell and The Better Business Bureau

A research report by Moors & Cabot appeared last week that gave an inaccurate picture of Better Business Bureau statistics and observations on Dell’s customer satisfaction. Conclusions drawn from the statistics reflected a lack of understanding how...
  • The Home Page

Let's talk about the home page of Dell.com. Many of you have commented about things you liked and things you didn’t like . Here are four of your abbreviated comments to my first post: “Make it easy for me to define systems by my work profile and give...
  • Dell Store Opens its Doors in Dallas

Yesterday we opened the first pilot Dell retail store at NorthPark Center in Dallas, Texas. It's not a departure from our direct model—it's simply an extension of our kiosk strategy . Like the kiosks, we will not carry inventory at this store. Here, customers...
  • Designed For You, Not the Shelf of a Superstore

Most people understand that the direct model helps us deliver better value by eliminating the middle man and establishing a personal relationship with our customers. What’s not as obvious is how much that relationship with tens of thousands of customers...
  • XPS 700 Order Cancelled?

Several of you have commented on the blog or the Dell Community Forum that your order has been cancelled. Here's what I need you to do: Go here to this thread on the Dell Community Forum Enter the following information in your DCF Personal Profile (none...
  • Prevention Is The Best Medicine

Okay, I’ve received some flak (guess I’d better get used to that!) for taking so long to post again. I promise to try to get better juggling my day job with this blogging hobby I signed up for. You want us to be more specific about fixes and give more...
  • No Bloatware, Please

Lots of chatter these days on why Dell pre-loads so much software on new systems. Several of you have asked about how this software affects performance, some have commented about the sheer number of apps, and others have expressed confusion as to which...
  • XPS 700: 10 Questions

Everyone, thanks for your patience regarding the XPS 700. We've received a lot of questions asking for more information. I answer some of the most common ones below. We can't always give you all the details, and when we can't, we'll tell you. Before doing...
  • Comment Moderation Redux

There's been some misreportings about this in the blogosphere. Let me be clear, we read 100% of the comments and there is no censorship or banning of users. All comments are reviewed and posted—good or bad—as long as they fall within our Rules of Engagement...
  • Design @ Dell

Welcome to our first post regarding Design @ Dell. Today, Steve and I will introduce Dell’s philosophy behind design and user experience. As many of you are probably aware, the direct model influences almost everything we do. It allows our design and...