Direct2Dell - Direct2Dell Blog Gallery - Dell Community

Direct2Dell

The Official Dell Corporate Blog
  • Dell Streak: The versatile 5-inch Android tablet

I'm pumped to finally get a chance to blog about the upcoming Dell Streak tablet device. Since we first previewed the Dell Streak at CES 2010, it's been making waves in the blogosphere ever since. The 5-inch tablet will launch first to customers...
  • Dell Driver Download Manager

I would like to share some details on an important update for the Drivers & Downloads application on Support.Dell.com . Recently, we completed the launch of the new Dell Driver Download Manager. This new functionality, which is available globally...
  • Inspiron Notebook Product Delays

Thanks to all of our customers who continue to wait for your orders despite the delays. We apologize for the frustration that they have caused all of you. I know that many of you have seen the blog posts about the XPS M1330 delays, but many customers...
  • Buy Dell, Pay via China Post

Note from Lionel: Below is a post from Jacqui Zhou, who runs our Direct2Dell Chinese blog . She recently published the following post over there. I asked her to publish a translated version since I thought it provided some interesting insight toward the...
  • Dell to Offer Ubuntu 7.04

In February when Dell launched IdeaStorm as forum for customers to contribute ideas for product offerings, we received overwhelming feedback that customers wanted Linux on desktops and notebooks. As part of an overall effort to update our Linux program...
  • XPS M1330: What's Going On?

Since my last post , many of you made it clear that you want us to share more details about what's going on with the XPS M1330 . I want to apologize for the frustration that these delays are causing you. I understand that no amount of explanation...
  • Dell Tablet PC

There's been some chatter about a Latitude Tablet PC coming from Dell. Check out what Jeff Clarke has to say. Update: 12/10— I just posted new details about the Latitude XT here. More information coming tomorrow. Update: 12/11— Glenn just published...
  • Dell to Expand Linux Options

Your feedback on Dell IdeaStorm has been astounding. Thank you! We hear your requests for desktops and notebooks with Linux . We’re crafting product offerings in response, but we’d like a little more direct feedback from you: your preferences, your desires...
  • Statistica and Medicine: Q&A with Dr. Steven Melemis

In this post, I share highlights of a fascinating conversation with Dr. Steven M. Melemis , a long-time user of Dell Statistica and recognized expert in the field of addiction medicine. After earning a Ph.D. in statistics, Melemis went back to school...
  • Potential Vertical Line on Certain 17" Notebook Displays

Update: January 16, 2008— Mike Bukowski, a Technical Analyst from our Dell Customer Advocate team recently published a post that discusses other potential causes of vertical lines on notebook displays. Earlier this year, members of our Customer...