Sputnik 3 online in Europe just in time for Holidays

#DellSolves

Complex business problems with practical IT solutions

Sputnik 3 online in Europe just in time for Holidays

Last month in the States we announced the availability of Sputnik 3, the XPS 13 XPS13-DEDeveloper Edition featuring the 4th generation Intel processors. This laptop, which is touch-enabled, is replacing the existing XPS 13 Developer Edition.

We had hoped to make the offering available online across Europe a couple of weeks about but a few online glitches kept us from making it so.

Various countries have been coming online recently and today I would like to announce that the XPS 13 developer edition is available (see below for the specs) in the following countries/languages:

Sputnik 3  (XPS 13 Developer Edition) Product specs :

• Processor: 4th generation Intel i7
  • Display: 13.3″ Full High Definition touch display (1080p)
  • System memory: 8GB
  • Graphics: Intel HD graphics 4440 (HD 5000 in the case of the enterprise version)
  • Hard drive: 256GB SSD drive
  • Standard Service: 1 year Dell ProSupport and onsite service after remote diagnostics
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
  • Community projects: Cloud launcher and Profile tool (for more info see the update from last week)

Thanks for your patience and happy holidays!

Extra-credit reading

Pau for now…

• I would take a look at this before buying

en.community.dell.com/.../20493573.aspx

• The link to the Norwegian site does not work at all :S

• I am part of Dell’s social media outreach team and a liaison on the Dell community forums.  I am in contact with Dell engineering and even though only a few users are reporting noise issues with the Sputnik 3 engineering is taking any noise complaints very seriously.  I have posted regarding the noise concerns on the forums on the following link.  

en.community.dell.com/.../20493573.aspx

TB

• @StigtriX Thanks for letting us know.  I've updated the Norway link with a working one.

@san11 This was a new one for us, and we appreciate you and others in the community bringing it to our attention and working with Terry and team on troubleshooting.  Good find on the backlight issue, and I see we still have some work to do to get to the bottom of this.