December, 2010 - Dell4Enterprise - Dell4Enterprise - Dell Community

December, 2010

Dell4Enterprise

Strategic insights on using IT to achieve business goals
Activity
  • Transitions made easier

One of the most common conversations I have with existing and potential Dell OEM customers has to do with transitions between platforms. There is often a misunderstanding about how often Dell releases new computer platforms and how much time a customer...
  • Two drastically different ways to address costs

During my short trip to Israel , I met with two companies in similar industries making similar products. One customer used the time to talk about technology. The other used the time to discuss costs. Guess who ended up saving more on their costs? Company...
  • Blog Me, Tweet Me…Dell OEM’s Inaugural Blogger Day

On Tuesday, December 14, Dell OEM Solutions hosted its first Blogger Day for eight technology bloggers from all over the globe at the Westin Domain near Dell’s Round Rock campus. The theme of the day was “A Day in the Life of an OEM Solution”...
  • 1,500 OEMs can't be wrong

My prospective customers constantly ask me what can Dell OEM do for them and most of the time I find that the misperceptions outweigh the reality. The questions are very telling: Is their volume high enough? Can Dell OEM add 3rd party content and warranty...
  • Gartner on Extreme Data Centers

One of the best sessions I went to at the Gartner Data Center conference was entitled Extreme Data Centers – Attaining Massive scalability – in the minimum space at the lowest cost . The talk was given by David Cappuccio who is a managing...
  • The Data Center ecosystem of players

As I mentioned in a recent entry , I attended the Gartner Data Center conference where I learned a ton. One of the folks I learned a lot from was Dave Ohara who consults in the data center arena. Dave is uber connected in this space and pens the blog...
  • Dell opens its Social Media Command Center

Last week, Michael Dell himself came to open Dell’s brand new Social Media Listening Command Center . Customers, press and a bunch of us involved in social media at Dell were invited to attend. To get a good feel for the event check out this...
  • Top 6 questions OEMs should ask about cloud

The definition of OEM can be all over the map depending on who you talk to, so what does OEM mean to Dell? Ultimately, Dell OEM Solution’s value is helping OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers, which would include Software) deliver value to their...
  • Dell and Compellent, a Fit That Makes Sense

I’m sure by now you’ve picked up on some bit of news about Dell’s movement in the storage space. At least that’s how my world works. I can assure you that there is much excitement and momentum around these halls, as today we announce...
  • OEM customers gain competitive advantage through engineers’ customization skills

Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) gain competitive advantage by leveraging Dell’s unique customization services. Our OEM customers have access to Dell’s Custom Factory Integration portfolio which offers a framework of services from the...
  • Welcome to the wild and wacky world of data centers

I just got back last night from the Gartner Data Center conference in Las Vegas which runs through the end of this week. Although one of the biggest topics of conversation was cloud computing, I was most interested in learning about what’s happening...
  • Talking high performance computing with Sagiv Tech

Want to find the highest concentration of high-tech talent on the planet? Go to Israel. During my short visit, I drove by the research centers for Dell , Intel , IBM , Microsoft , Google , Cisco , and every other iconic tech company you can imagine. It’s...
  • When time is money, Windows 7 makes the difference

More than 200 staff feedback to Baker Tilly’s IT department about performance improvements after Windows 7 deployment There’s no doubt that the way we work is changing. We are working flexible hours, hot-desking, and getting more done...
  • Michael Dell on evolutionary & revolutionary IT paths

Michael Dell recently gave the keynote at the Gartner Symposium in Cannes. One of the topics he discussed was the two IT paths available: evolutionary and revolutionary . (Please visit the site to view this video) Taking it higher What I find...