April, 2010 - Dell4Enterprise - Dell4Enterprise - Dell Community

April, 2010

Dell4Enterprise

Strategic insights on using IT to achieve business goals
Activity
  • Caption Contest - Win a Trip to VMworld 2010

Registration for VMware VMworld has opened. While you can get a great deal for early registration, you can get an even better deal by entering the Dell TechCenter VMworld Caption Contest . Simply use your wit to create the best, funniest caption and have...
  • Cloud Pioneer, salesforce.com

Last month when I was out in the Bay Area for our launch, I stopped by the offices of salesforce.com . I visited with some folks that I used to work with in a past life and then grabbed some time with salesforce’s VP of product marketing, Sean Whiteley...
  • Dell’s New High Performance Analytics & Cloud Server

Last but not least in our tour of the first flight of servers in Dell’s PowerEdge C line is the C2100 . This was filmed last month at our launch right after we closed down our whisper suite. Click below and join solutions architect Rafael Zamora...
  • Talkin’ to Eucalyptus Founder & CTO — Rich Wolski

Last month when I was out in the Bay Area for our launch , I was able to catch up with Rich Wolski, founder and CTO of Eucalyptus . Eucalyptus is one of the key ingredients in the Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud that is being certified to run on Dell’s...
  • Dell OEM Group is making a splash at ESC this year

The buzz is on as Dell OEM Solutions makes a splash at ESC Silicon Valley (San Jose, April 26th-29th). For over 10 years, Dell OEM Solutions has provided embedded solutions with large and small businesses; however, this will be our first year presenting...
  • Aster Data’s CEO & Co-founder — Mayank Bawa

As part of the Cloud ISV partner program we announced last month, we are working with “big data” player Aster Data . When I was out for our launch a few weeks back, I met up with Mayank Bawa , CEO and co-founder of Aster Data. We got together...
  • Dell OEM-Ready PowerEdge R310 Appliance Server Platform Now Available

Businesses who develop and sell server-based appliances often gain a competitive edge when they choose proven, time-tested technologies. This allows them to focus on strategic business initiatives rather than highly-tactical systems maintenance. To better...
  • CIO series with Information Week - cloud webinar and deck

As part of the CIO series we are doing with Information Week, I did a webinar on Wednesday called The Journey to the Cloud. If you want to get a feel for some of the big issues and ideas addressed during the webinar, check out moderator Fred Paul’s...
  • Symantec Vision 2010 a Hit

My good friend Sarah Doherty was the Storage face of Dell this week at Symantec Vision 2010 in Vegas. Outside of being treated like a rockstar at the MGM Grand, she's had an amazing time connecting with event-goers and participating in key breakout...
  • PowerEdge C1100 – Skinny & Dense

Here is the third in my series of four videos exploring the new Dell PowerEdge C server line . Today's feature, the PowerEdge C1100 . If you're wondering about the funky game show-like setting, I shot this after hours on the day of our launch...
  • CIO white papers - Cloud white paper now available

Our first Cloud white paper is now available and I’m really happy with the way it turned out. Being relatively new to Dell I didn’t know if I would be “compelled” to mention product in it or not but I’m happy to say that...
  • FlexMem Bridge Technology-The Keyword is Flex-ibility

I almost called this post "Flexing your memory muscle, not your data center footprint." Recently, some of our competitors have been working hard trying to discredit Dell's FlexMem Bridge Technology. We get it; it's what most vendors...
  • What you need to know about Mobile Clinical Computing

If you attended the World of Health IT (WoHIT) show in Barcelona last month, you may have seen the live demonstration of our Mobile Clinical Computing (MCC) solution. MCC helps physicians and nursing staff get easy access to critical patient information...
  • Flex Computing for efficiency and agility

We recently spoke to Henk Brands - Coordinator of Software and Hardware at South Holland Province - about his success in the green arena. Henk saw the rigorous targets set by the Netherlands Efficiency Action plan as an opportunity to combine environmental...
  • PowerEdge C6100 – HPC & Cloud machine

As a follow on to last week’s PowerEdge C line overview , here is the first individual system overview: the C6100. Click below and let Dell Solutions Architect Rafael Zamora guide your thru the design and features of this densely packed machine...
  • NetApp Buys Some Glue

If you didn't see the buzz yesterday about NetApp picking up Bycast, you need to crawl out from under your rock. Seriously, more people RT'd the news instead of actually commenting on it and its meaning. Meet Seth Feder. He's a technology...
  • Greenplum teaser starring McNealy & Me :-)

Last week I arrived a day before our launch to record videos with some of our cloud partners. My first stop was Greenplum to interview co-founder and president, Scott Yara (look for that video here in the near distant future). (Please visit the site...