December, 2009 - Dell4Enterprise - Dell4Enterprise - Dell Community

December, 2009

Dell4Enterprise

Strategic insights on using IT to achieve business goals
Activity
  • Talking to Roger of Citrix about now and Xen

Last month at the Interop/Web 2.0 I was able to drag Citrix’s Roger Klorese away from booth duty for an interview. Roger is a Sr. Director at Citrix who works on Xen server and the Essentials product family . Here is what he had to say: (Please...
  • What is ATT up to in the cloud?

A couple of weeks ago I was in New York to visit customers and attend the co-located Interop and Web 2.0 events. One of the attendees/participants I got to know there was Joe Weinman, VP of ATT’s Business Solutions. Joe has been focusing a lot on...
  • “Why I love My EqualLogic SAN”

You can only imagine the buzz around the office when a Google alert led to the discovery of the Watermark Geeks blog and this particular post: “ Why I love our EqualLogic San .” We were all intrigued on how a church in Texas is using the SAN...
  • The Next Step in Your Journey for Efficiency

I am very excited to tell you about a series of new enterprise products Dell has announced today , including infrastructure management, storage and networking products. These products highlight our continued commitment to helping customer become more...
  • 3tera’s CEO and Chairman: Barry Lynn

Last but not least from the videos I took last month at Cloud Expo is the interview I conducted with Barry Lynn of 3tera . At a high level Barry positions his company as a software company that offers a turnkey cloud platform. See what else he has to...
  • Unified Fabric: What's the Big Deal?

This Autumn, Dell is rolling out unified fabric solutions based on 10-gigabit Ethernet. Why is the unified fabric such a big deal? Find out over on Direct2Dell from my colleague Sharon.
  • Talking with Mr. Cloud Camp

I first met Dave Nielsen when I attended the Austin Cloud Cam p back in April of this year. I bumped into to him again at the cloud computing expo in Santa Clara at the beginning of last month. He was putting on another cloud camp and checking out the...
  • “…head out on the highway…”

Deeley Harley Davidson has their motor running while eliminating 40% of their physical servers with virtualization from Microsoft. As the exclusive distributor of Harley-Davidson ® and Buell™ motorcycles, parts, accessories, and apparel in Canada...
  • Gartner’s Data Center Conference - My Notes from the Keynote: 10 Trends to watch carefully

I’m currently here in Las Vegas attending Gartner’s Data Center conference . It’s day two and I’ve been very impressed with the quality of the sessions so far. In particular I thought yesterday’s keynote was very good and...
  • Google Google and You’ll Find Dell

Recently, I had the incredible opportunity to visit the Google campus in Mountainview, CA to film a video with them. I have to tell you, all the rumors you’ve heard about their campus are true – they really do offer a multitude of meal choices...