November, 2009 - Dell4Enterprise - Dell4Enterprise - Dell Community

November, 2009

Dell4Enterprise

Strategic insights on using IT to achieve business goals
Activity
  • Back from NYC: Attending shows & visiting customers

Last week I headed out to the Big Apple to attend Interop / Web 2.0 and present Dell’s cloud vision/strategy to customers. I was also able to grab several interviews at the co-located shows. I’ve posted the first video featuring Azure evangelist...
  • Stoneware: Developing & Selling Private Cloud Software

At the cloud expo in Santa Clara earlier this month I ran into Rick German , CEO of Stoneware, Inc . I had previously heard of Stoneware since they are partnering with Dell on a cloud offering for education but I knew that was just one area in which they...
  • A Quick Overview of Azure: What it is/Where its going

I’m currently in New York visiting customers and attending Interop/Web 2.0. While these two conferences have different session tracks their expos are co-located and attendees of either can visit the whole lot. It was then in the Web 2.0 section...
  • Talking about Gluster: Clustered Cloud Storage

With today’s post, I’m right at the mid-point of my series of video interviews from Cloud Computing Expo . Today’s post offers a two-for-one special, Gluster CEO Hitesh Chellani along with Jack O’Brien who heads Gluster’s...
  • Dell Outlines HPC Strategy and Cray Partnership

Pushing the envelope and finding new innovative ways to deliver an HPC (High-Performance Computing) solution is a priority at Dell. Our recent partnership announcement with Cray and Microsoft illustrate how industry leaders are going about making HPC...
  • Adam of Oracle talks about Oracle VM and the Cloud

A couple of weeks ago on the show floor of Cloud Computing Expo in Santa Clara I ran into Adam Hawley , Director of product management for Oracle VM . When Adam finished his stint in the Oracle booth he sat down with me to talk about what was going on...
  • The Planet, from Hoster to Hoster & Cloud Provider

At the cloud computing expo in Santa Clara I was able to grab some time with Rob Walters, director of product management at Houston-based The Planet . Rob, who has an atypical Texas twang, talked to me about how The Planet has been dipping its toe in...
  • Learning about Heroku – The Ruby PaaS Solution

Kicking off my series of videos from last week’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara , here is a chat I had with Oren Teich , of Heroku . Heroku, if you’re not familiar is a 2-yr old Platform as-a-Service company targeting Ruby developers. Oren recently...
  • Back from the Bay Area with a fist full of cloudy videos

Last week I made the trek out of the Lone Star state and headed west to the Bay Area.  I spent the first day in San Francisco where I took our sales folks through my cloud presentation and then had meetings with a few members of the press. ...
  • Betfair Places its Odds on Dell With Windows 7

Last week we experienced one of the most significant and exciting launches from Microsoft… the release of Windows 7 ! As part of the Microsoft Technology Adoption Program (TAP), Dell consultants worked with a number of customers during their testing...
  • Virtualization Déjà Vu

I remember riding in the car which a bunch of teenagers a few months ago when the Seether song “Careless Whisper” came on the radio. They loved it - so edgy, such a great sound. Ugh, really? Had they never heard of Wham? George Michael ? I’d...