January, 2009 - Dell4Enterprise - Dell4Enterprise - Dell Community

January, 2009

Dell4Enterprise

Strategic insights on using IT to achieve business goals
Activity
  • Managing Distributed Environments

Today’s CIOs and IT managers increasingly deal with the complexity associated with managing satellite or branch offices and supporting mobile workers in dispersed locations across the globe. Let’s take franchises as an example of how remote...
  • Tying it All Together for Data Center Efficiency

This week, at the Cisco Networkers event in Barcelona, we announced our OEM expanded partnership with Cisco . Instead of boring you with the details of the agreement and bombarding you with acronyms like LAN, SAN, FCoE and iSCSI – let me cut...
  • Virtues of Virtualization

I think it’s no surprise to any of our readers that virtualization has many virtues for IT environments -- it’s pretty well-documented. What I’m seeing is that virtualization has now moved beyond the early adopters and back-room applications...
  • MythBusting IBM Servers

I can’t get enough of MythBusters on the Discovery Channel. Adam and Jamie have quite possibly the best jobs on the planet and I fancy myself an aspiring MythBuster. Today, when I was catching up on my reading (I know, I’m a bit behind...
  • Dell and EqualLogic, One-Year In

OK, I will admit it…when Dell announced last year it was acquiring EqualLogic my e-mail inbox was full of congratulations, kudos and dire predictions. For the latter, the most common themes were around customer service, product development and...
  • How Does Your Company Manage Its Software?

For many organizations, software assets provide strong financial and productivity benefits but have ongoing expenses; such as license renewals, true-ups, support and version upgrades. And like any asset – physical, financial or digital – software...
  • EuroCIO Conference Covers Recession-Proofing

Over the past six years Dell has had the privilege of sponsoring the annual EuroCIO conference . This important event has become a regular fixture on the agenda of the top 100 European CIOs and aims to provide senior IT professionals with the collective...
  • Sharing Best Practice: The European Patent Office Simplifies and Saves with Dell

Last year alone The European Patent Office (EPO) granted over 54,000 patents, with many of those originating with applications filed online. These figures show how important issues, such as eGovernment , are critical to increasing efficiency and customer...