August, 2008 - Dell4Enterprise - Dell4Enterprise - Dell Community

August, 2008

Dell4Enterprise

Strategic insights on using IT to achieve business goals
Activity
  • More on Dell's New Server Blades

While you won’t hear us say “blade everything,” you will hear us talk about the virtues of blades and where they make sense for customers. Tom Cloyd and Chad Fenner, who both focus on blade technologies for Dell, chat in this vlog about...
  • Simplify IT - A Customer Perspective

At Dell, we talk a lot about how to simplify IT. But the most powerful voices come from customers. Merlin Glynn, CTO of MedNetwoRx in Dallas, Texas, was kind enough to write this email and allow us to publish it here. Thank you for writing Merlin. ...
  • Dell and AMD On New Blade Servers

Last week I met with AMD's Pat Patla and several of his closest analyst buddies at a dinner AMD was hosting. Pat heads up AMD's server and workstation business division and we thought it would be fun to get together and talk about some of our...
  • Solaris Now Available Through Dell

Starting today, we will be OEMing Solaris for customers looking for this option on Dell PowerEdge servers. We've worked closely with Sun to certify a select set of Dell PowerEdge servers for Solaris. The idea here is to give customers one place to...
  • Are new hard drive options increasing appeal for data tiering?

- (editor's note - this post also comes from Greg White in storage marketing. Thanks again Greg) Data tiering – classifying and segregating data on different types of disk drives – has been around for awhile, but has been somewhat limited...
  • Is Greening Your Storage a Key Consideration Yet?

- (editor note - this post comes to us from Greg White in storage marketing. Thanks Greg) Many organizations have been looking to desktops, notebooks and servers for power and cooling savings and the associated environmental benefits of green IT solutions...
  • The Rest of the Shorty Story, Part II

In my previous post , I talked about Dell’s PowerEdge M-Series and its advantages over HP’s c3000 “Shorty” in terms of power and configuration. As a follow up, thought we could look at an affordability comparison between the two...
  • No More Business As Usual

Most of our content here at Inside IT is focused on the heavy equipment stuff - servers, storage etc....But today, I would like to address all of us carrying business notebooks out there. Check out this post from our Chief Blogger Lionel Menchaca about...
  • Dell’s M-Series, The Future of Blades

We recently announced FlexAddress on our PowerEdge M Series blade servers and have really tried to simplify our explanation of what it is, what it does and how it benefits you. Just as important, we have pointed out how our approach is very different...
  • iSCSI or Fibre Channel – Why does everyone make you choose?

There is an ongoing debate about the merits and future of both iSCSI and Fibre Channel. The growth is in iSCSI, but there is a massive installed base of FC. We believe in unifying your fabric on Ethernet and moving to 10Gbit iSCSI over time as the most...