Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

March 29th, 2024 04:35

XPS touchpad mouse buttons not working

Hi. This is now the second XPS laptop I have the same problem with touchpad mouse buttons. After a couple of months of use the buttons start playing about - initially the left button stopped clicking and feels like it is stuck at ON position and today the right one has done the same

So when I try to click any of the buttons there is no click and I cannot press it. Not sure if the problem is physical as when I switched the laptop off the buttons started to click properly for a minute or so and then went back to stuck position 

I'm currently abroad and the laptop is a working necessity so I hope it can be resolved, appreciate all your help 

5 Practitioner

• 

4.7K Posts

March 29th, 2024 05:23

It sounds like there is hardware issue with your XPS device.  To receive assistance from Dell warranty support they will need to verify the ownership and warranty status. Click the Get Help Now button on the bottom right of this screen to start a private live chat session.  Prepare to provide the service tag for your XPS (do not post it here in public forum).

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

March 31st, 2024 02:12

Hi

I'm not sure if the issue is with the hardware to be fair as after the restart it has started working just fine. But I'm keen to find a solution as I have a feeling this will happen again in the future 

No Events found!