Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

March 9th, 2024 11:49

XPS 13 Plus 9320, overheats in a sleeve

Hello community, 

I've been having this problem for a while and I'd like to know if others also suffer from this issue. My XPS 13 Plus 9320 gets overheat every now and then even when I'm not using it. Sometimes I put it in my laptop (with screen locked) in a sleeve for a couple of hours, and when I take it out the screen will be lighted but unlocked and the laptop become super hot that I can barely touch my device. One notable thing is that the brightness setting bar seems to be always showing when it gets overheated. Does anyone else has the same problem as I do? Should I contact the tech support for this? Much thanks!

7 Technologist

• 

12.1K Posts

March 9th, 2024 14:55

Dell has for some time advised that a laptop should be shutdown before placing in a sleeve, backpack, or case.

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

March 13th, 2024 07:21

@JOcean​ I see.....thanks for the response! I will remember to shut it down before putting it in the sleeve. 

This is weird to me though since my previous XPS 13 does not have this problem. I really do hope Dell can work on this. 

7 Technologist

• 

12.1K Posts

March 13th, 2024 14:07

@MiffyK​ Happy to help out and yes there have been a number of questions such as yours over the recent years.

No Events found!