Start a Conversation

Unsolved

I

4 Posts

September 19th, 2023 22:18

Wyse 5070 No sound when calling

Hi,

I am part of IT team in our business and I have run into a peculiar problem. Sometimes when users log in to their vm ,which they RDP into through the thin client, and start a zoom call, the other person cant hear them until they disconnect and reconnect to the vm. This doesnt happen to everyone, only a few users, and for some the problem disappeared after they switched USB ports.

Now one user is constantly having this issue, and they are constantly complaining even though the solution is pretty simple and quick. Anyways, I cant pinpoint if its due to the 5070 wyse thinclient config or if its our vmware thats causing this weird disconnect with sound.

To add: Usually you can hear the other person but they can't hear you, it seems to be specifically the mic that doesnt connect. Also, when that issue occurs and you try to open the windows sound settings, it causes the vm to crash. 

This is the ThinOS version: Dell ThinOS 2303 (9.4.1141)

Bios: 1.22.0

We already updated all our thin clients from 8.x thinOS to 9.x before when the issue was more relevant. 

I made sure in the configuration of rdping into the server that the sound settings are correct, I even tried to enable the manual sound settings incase that would help the vm to recognize the "output" device.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

4 Posts

September 20th, 2023 18:12

@buffalobound​ Hi buffalo, thanks for this. I will try this out with one thin client and test it out with the user.

If it works, any idea if it will be possible to do all of this through wyse management suite? I dont have it setup yet, but it will be brutally time consuming to go to all 50 users stations and update their thin clients one by one

4 Posts

September 20th, 2023 23:47

Quick Update: I managed to setup the WMS. I managed to figure out how to remotely install all of those mentioned.

Will update soon as I let the user test it out.

3 Apprentice

• 

712 Posts

September 21st, 2023 13:25

@IT_N00b​ You answered your own question, but yes absolutely this is what WMS is designed for.

4 Posts

September 27th, 2023 19:58

@buffalobound​ Unfortuantely that didnt seem to fix it. Just happened to me and my coworker nonetheless. Both us have the newly updated thin clients and I just called him to test if my mic works and his turned out to not work.

The weird part is when you open the sound settings while you are in the call that the mic isnt working. It freezes and then your vm disconnects. So I cant tell if its a thin client, vm, or now a zoom issue.

No Events found!