Start a Conversation

Unsolved

I

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

October 26th, 2023 15:22

ThinOS - SAML authentication to Azure AD timeout

We are moving to Citrix cloud and are using SAML authentication to Azure AD for logins. We have found that there is a two minute window from the time the logon box appears to the user signs in. If they go past the two minutes then they get a Citrix error and have to power off the Wyse thin client and power on to try again. We are on ThinOS 9.4.3087 and Citrix Workspace v2308. We have tested and this only happens on the Wyse thin client. Has anyone else seen this before?

3 Apprentice

• 

712 Posts

October 26th, 2023 15:49

When the request times out, Can you use ESC or CTRL ESC to return to the ThinOS login screen (without rebooting)?

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

October 26th, 2023 19:03

Thank you, yes if you close the Azure login window there is the option on the Wyse OS login to hit ESC to relaunch the Azure login page. That's certainly easier but it would be nice if it could be longer before it times out.

3 Apprentice

• 

712 Posts

October 27th, 2023 14:18

I believe we are limited with what the AVD SDK client provides for us for timeout.  

The next release is 12/1 (ThinOS 2311) hopefully the updated package gives more flexibility from MS. 

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

April 15th, 2024 16:34

In my situation it appears to be fixed in the 2311 firmware but then broken again in the 2402 firmware.  Currently if I have the 2311 firmware installed and all the 2402 apps installed it appears to be fine.

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

April 26th, 2024 18:21

It started happening to me on 2311 too.   I am speculating now that it is just the Microsoft time-out for M365 sign in.  To work around it as best as possible, for Citrix Apps and Desktops anyway, go to the "Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Settings" and toggle the WebLogin Timeout to 28 minutes.  I am assuming the M365 timeout is 30 minutes, but I am not 100% sure.  At that point, Thinos will display a "This page has timed out please retry to login" message.  When you click "OK" it will relaunch the web login broker with a new session timer of presumably 30 minutes.

No Events found!