Unsolved

A

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

December 6th, 2023 16:03

Installing new OS via USB

Hello everyone.

I am trying to install ThisOS v8.6_412 on a 3030LT ThinClient.

By compatibility matrix this should be fine.

Every setting in the ThinClient BIOS seems correctly set for USB boot.

I have created via USB Imaging Tool a bootable drive, and on the boot selector at startup I can see the USB drive as an option (together with embedded memory and PXE).

However the USB fails to boot and I get back to the boot selector/BIOS page after a few seconds.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

I can see on the DELL page where I downloaded the OS image that there's also a U10_bios.bin, should I update the BIOS before updating the OS? Can I do it via USB?

For background, the WDM console for this thinclient is offline and this OS release seems to be the lowest that can be enrolled on WMS server already existing on premise.

Thank to all

F.

3 Apprentice

• 

712 Posts

December 6th, 2023 17:17

What build of ThinOS are you on currently? Even though WMS does not explicitly support older versions I have used many older builds for initial connection to WMS (it just refers to CCM instead of WMS in UI) then update firmware from WMS to latest available. 

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

December 11th, 2023 08:22

Hello,

current build on the ThinClients is 8.4_009

WMS is version 4.1.1.111

I can see here that 8.4 and 4.1 should be compatible, yet DELL phone support suggested I update the ThinOS version.

Should I try this legacy method instead?

thanks again for the support

3 Apprentice

• 

712 Posts

December 12th, 2023 16:49

It has been a while, but I seem to recall as old as 8.3_019 working with WMS.   I would suggest trying to register one, then update from WMS to latest code. 

No Events found!