Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

J

5 Posts

August 2nd, 2023 09:00

Bluetooth Dongle and Wyse ThinOS 2303

Hello, 

We are getting requests from our end-users about this.  Does anyone know if Bluetooth Dongles work? Our users would like to use personal headphones for meetings. I dont see anything in Dell's documentation.  

Just trying to see if anyone has gotten this to work before we go out and buy one to test. 

12 Posts

August 2nd, 2023 14:00

I've tried tracking this down before with no success.  You might be able to use USB passthru, but your mileage may vary depending on the speed of the pipe between thin client and connection server.  I've attempted to use the built-in bluetooth functionality on wifi-enabled devices like the 5070 or 5470s, but support for bluetooth audio is extremely limited in 2303.  One issue I had is that when pairing the headset to the thin client requires you to choose only one profile to connect to and you have to specify whether to connect to the headset or a2p profile at time of pairing.  Only one connection is supported, so if you want high quality audio, you won't get a microphone.  If you want a microphone, you're limited to low quality mono output.

1 Rookie

• 

36 Posts

August 3rd, 2023 23:00

Hi.

As MaenXe replied you can/should use the built-in bluetooth feature. That means you need to pair your bluetooth device within ThinOS first (System Setup -> Peripherals) and it will be then redirected to your session. Our users use it with some headsets and it kinda works if you are able to pair them. 
I do not suggest using generic USB redirection as the bandwidth available is very limited and variable.
By using the built in feature the devices are redirected in optimized (HDX) mode and speed/quality is much better.

No Events found!