Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 7th, 2016 14:00

Where do we stand of Lync /Skype support & VDI...?

I'm just wondering, Is this against Dell End-to-End infrastructure solution...? In my case yes, it is. We signed a three years contract with Dell for our entire infrastructure.. Networking, Servers, Firewalls, Storage, ThinClients & vWorkspace Solution. Also we are currently negotiating a Unified Communication project with Dell Software in Dubai and Bahrain. Since we have just finished the vWorkspace Implementation and users started using VDI on vWorkspace heavily and honestly they are very happy with the product and its simplicity.. By the time I finish rolling out VDI to 300+ clients mixture between Pooled and Persistent for students, staff, faculty, etc, etc... The Pilot of Lync / Skype for Business will start and 98% Dell will win the project for this implementation.

While I was Reading this article https://support.software.dell.com/vworkspace/kb/187157 in relation to Lync and VDI Plug-in Support, I really shocked me and I'm asking myself, what this problem can be resolved....? Go back to laptops and Physical Desktops, :)

Its shame to built a strategy and at the end of the completion you discover some elements are not best fit.

Regards,

Hussain

11 Posts

April 15th, 2016 09:00

Hi Hussain,

We do support the Microsoft Lync 2013 plugin for VDI in vWorkspace, however one of the limitation of this is it does not work with Office 365. This is a limitation of the MS plugin rather than vWorkspace.

However, if you are running your own Lync 2013 server then you can use this feature.

No Events found!