Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 14th, 2016 12:00

VWorkspace Reporting and licensing

Hi,

I'm trying to find out how many people have connected to VDI over a certain period. This will be ongoing report. Manager will use this to determine how many licenses we need and what is the usage (Sessions, licenses). At the moment I know people are connecting but I don't know how how to gather date.

Another questions is if I go to Management Console > File Licensing I see 0 In Use licenses even though people are connected. Is this supposed to show current license usage?

14 Posts

August 15th, 2016 06:00

Hello Dejan,

I'd suggest to investigate more why it's showing 0 licenses and it has nothing to do with M&D. For M&D to work properly, you farm should behave properly first. Do you receive any error popups when you accessing licenses screen? 0 sessions/licenses may indicate connection broker's malfunction. For start, you can verify if Quest Connection Broker, Database Management and Registry services are up and running. Is broker listed in vWorkspace Management console, Locations, Location 1, Connection Brokers list?

April 18th, 2016 04:00

Hello,

Yes, "In Use" should certainly show the amount being used. 

1. Go to Manage Reports and select Run Report

2. You can use the Template vWorkspace - Farm utilization for RD Session Hosts and Virtual Desktops

3. You can set the time period

Thanks, Andrew.

45 Posts

April 29th, 2016 06:00

Hi Andrew, 

I have few VDI's running but it only shows '0' in use. 

I'm unable to find Manage Reports. I've looked inside vWorkspace Management Console and under All Programs.

45 Posts

May 3rd, 2016 07:00

I've installed the vWorkspace Reporting. Does anyone know where do I find the Manage Reports program in vWorkspace?

14 Posts

August 2nd, 2016 15:00

Hi,

Did you install vWorkspace Management & Diagnostics or enabled a Reporting database through vWorkspace Management console menu? These are 2 completely different things. vWorkspace M&D is a separate product that is integrated into vWorkspace but requires a separate licensing, server and configuration.

Also, having 0 licenses looks odd. Do you see connected people through vWorkspace menu, File, Current user sessions?

45 Posts

August 12th, 2016 10:00

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the response. We have just upgraded to VWorkspace v8.6.1 and that upgrade removed the Report viewer. It appears that we have to install Monitoring and Diagnostics role on a separate server. I'm still looking into requirements to see if we can set up a server which will probably be a VM. Do you know if I'll be able to run reports for my manager once the M&D is installed in order to see usage over time period? 

To answer your other question, I cannot see anyone connected under user sessions. It still show 0 licences, but I have people connected to the VDI. Its little odd since I thought the upgrade would fix this.

Dejan

No Events found!