Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 1st, 2016 12:00

vWorkspace 8.6.1 Connector Auto-configuration config.xml

We have just upgraded to v8.6.1 of vWorkspace server. When we used v8.0.1, we had windows connectors 8.0.1 that would automatically search for "vworkspace.somedomain/config.xml" and autoconfigure clients VDI settings. I've upgraded the client to v8.6.309.4062 and this time I'm just presented to enter "Website or email address" in the text box. Here at the university, we loved that feature since it the VDI was auto configured and students do not have to enter the URL. Has that feature has been removed from this version? 

July 4th, 2016 03:00

Hello,

I believe it was removed but several alternatives were introduced.

I know the reg key to set the path still exists  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Provision Networks\Provision-IT Client\AutoConnectURL and still works with that version of vWorkspace. 

It is a string value that contains the path to your Broker (If using the new Connector Management feature) or to your config.xml if using the old style. 

With the new Connector Management, the intention was to make it easier for your new users. All they need to do is go to a website (Correctly configured) and it will install the Connector for them and automatically configure it. 

If you don't want to use that option, you can either 1, Use the Autoconnect URL mentioned above. 2, Teach them the URL for downloading the config 3, Create a DNS entry to use the Email address configuration option. 

Thanks, Andrew.

45 Posts

July 4th, 2016 09:00

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the information. Would you be able to give me more information on option #3 the email address configuration? I would like to see how that works.

thanks

Dejan

45 Posts

July 5th, 2016 10:00

I've found how to configure email address (Option#3) in  the admin guide for the v8.6.1. Search for "Creating a DNS service record for email address-based discovery"

July 6th, 2016 07:00

Great - glad you found it. Let me know if you have any issues with it. 

No Events found!