Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

5.8K Posts

January 22nd, 2024 10:54

What is up with Virus/spyware?

I have had major problems accessing this forum, with a 404 error.  Signing back in was a major pain.  The forum wanted me to sign in using Google, which I refuse to use (it is evil).  

What is going on?

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

January 22nd, 2024 12:37

Joe,
No idea what to say.   I've been "visiting" V/S daily without error, albeit without necessarily signing-in.   Of course, I did sign-in on any dates where I actually made any posts...

1 Rookie

• 

5.8K Posts

January 22nd, 2024 14:06

Thanks Ky.

I also see we have both been demoted to apprentice and rookie as well. No big deal.  A rose by any other name etc ... 

I don't really care what Dell calls me, but as a 25 year customer/forum denizon  I feel a little latitude in access is due.

1 Rookie

• 

2.2K Posts

January 22nd, 2024 14:53

No problems with sign in. Windows 11 makes it easy, and is said to be, along with Edge, much more secure than previous versions. Malwarebytes is set to automatic updates and runs a quick scan every morning. Also have it working with Windows Defender with no apparent conflicts. Still use SOS and Spyware Blaster

Also demoted to rookie. Been coming here for 15 years and learned a lot. Appreciate all the past help and advice.

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

January 24th, 2024 21:00

@joe53  - Try clearing the browser's cache/cookies. But you may need more than just telling the browser to do that when you exit.

When I have issues around here, I run ccleaner which removes all kinds of "stuff" that's still left behind, even after (Firefox) is closed, and supposedly deleting cache/cookies etc.  ccleaner typically sees/deletes several MB of leftovers from the browser, and that usually solves my problem...

No Events found!