• 

15.2K Posts

October 4th, 2022 03:00

Updates 10/4/22 - SpywareBlaster

SpywareBlaster database update 10/4/2022

6 NEW items (IE/ActiveX)

11 NEW items (Edge/Scripts)

for a total of 18,823 items in database

After updating, be sure to manually enable all protection.

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

October 7th, 2022 03:00

Joe,

All I can say is that protection is enabled for me in EDGE on two separate Win10 systems.

Did you try first disabling all protection, then following with enable all protection?   Just a thought.

P.S.  The kudo was accidental.

1 Rookie

• 

5.8K Posts

October 6th, 2022 19:00

SpywareBlaster has been continually reporting 41 unprotected items in Microsoft Edge browser for about one year now. Nothing I try to enable protection (automatically or manually by checking boxes) works. The unprotected items are all "scripts", withe the name Mkt0(n) where n=42->81.

My database is current as of October 3, and the header says all protection is enabled and validated. But the Status table immediately below says otherwise.

I suspect a glitch. MS Edge is my default browser.

1 Rookie

• 

5.8K Posts

October 8th, 2022 23:00

Thanks ky. That suggestion worked on 4 of my 5 Win10 systems. It usually required several trys/restarts to be successful.

I would note that SpywareBlaster is likely the oldest security layer still installed on all my PCs. It was installed on my first PC (a Win98SE) over 20 years ago. Because it is passive protection, I never knew if it was effective. But it never caused me any grief.

No Events found!