Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

2.2K Posts

December 13th, 2022 10:00

Question About MBAM

Well, my trusty Dell XPS 420 with Vista and IE-9 finally gave it up after something like 12-14 years. Never fully installed or used Firefox but was able to navigate to a lot of places with that setup. Did use Firefox a lot for Youtube. Am now using the back up machine which is an Acer with Windows 7 and IE-11. The latest Firefox is installed and available. I didn't have my Firefox Bookmarks saved to a flash drive, so I doubt if I can retrieve them now...since the old machine won't even power up. My main question is this...the MBAM version is very old, (2.2.1.1043) but still indicates it is actively protecting my system and finding nothing on scans. However, it won't update and is pestering me to upgrade to a new version. My question is...would the new version even install on this machine,. or would it mess things up. I suppose I could get a rehabbed computer, but would hate to deal with learning a new Windows version. Windows 7 works just fine for me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 Rookie

• 

2.2K Posts

December 14th, 2022 11:00

I forgot to mention this yesterday, but if I upgrade to a new version, would the lifetime license transfer from the obsolete version to the new one?

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

December 14th, 2022 14:00

Dale,

The current version of MBAM, Malwarebytes 4.5.x, should run on Win7 and higher (8.1, 10,11).   It may look/feel different than the older ("legacy") version 2.2.1043, and so may take some getting-used-to.   A lifetime license theoretically should transfer, but I'm not in a position to offer you an absolute guarantee.  This article may help:  Lifetime license issue - Malwarebytes for Windows Support Forum - Malwarebytes Forums

You may want to ask your questions directly in the MBAM forum Malwarebytes for Windows Support Forum - Malwarebytes Forums

No Events found!