Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

3 Apprentice

• 

15.2K Posts

July 26th, 2007 11:00

Ad-Aware 2007 update (and the fiasco continues...)

this morning, upon checking for updates, it told me there was a new GUI 7.0.1.6 for the main ad-aware program, and an English language update.... and also a GUI update 7.0.1.6 for the Ad-WATCH program (which is not usable with the FREE version).

a few weeks back, I had posted the question at the Lavasoft forum, about whether or not it was necessary for the FREE uses, who can't access Ad-Watch (and some other features listed in the update catalog) to download these.   An attempted response, which did not answer my question, was given.

Anyway, this time, I tried to UNcheck the Ad-Watch update... and it wouldn't let me. 
In other words, whether I need it or not, I HAVE TO download it.
It downloaded, but failed to install properly.
And of course, upon looking for updates, it continues to find it over and over again, since it didn't install.

Like I said, the fiasco continues....

EDIT 1:   On a second machine (slightly later in the day), the ad-watch module downloaded and installed properly.   So I can't say, definitively, whether the problem was just on the first machine... or, since it was later in time, that Lavasoft has fixed it...

EDIT 2:  Well, it was NOT only my machine, as there has been at least one other report posted at the Lavasoft forum:

Message Edited by ky331 on 07-26-2007 01:03 PM
No Responses!
No Events found!