Search Results (480)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Community Accepted Solution

Default iDrac Login Not Working after Factory Resetting iDrac via BIOS

Hello, I am currently working on a PowerEdge R740xd trying to update firmware. The problem is the service tag doesn't have a unique idrac password and root/calvin is not working. I've tried resetting the idrac to factory default settings in BIOS, rebooting and default login will not work. Also, tri

Question

Yet another r720 with no vga output

Hello, I have scoured these forums and Google looking for a fix for my issue and cannot seem to find one. hardware: R720, 96gb ram, 2x E5-2650V2, h710, 750w psus, idrac7. day 1 (1.0.3 or something crazy) system bios most recent idrac update. No os. No external gpu, no usbs, sds, or any peripherals.

Question

R740XD fan speed at 100% when connecting the 4x 2,5" backplane

Hi all, The rear backplane on my 14th gen R740XD (iDRAC9) is causing the fans to run at 100% constantly. Does not matter if it's occupied with disks or not.As soon as I disconnect the rear backplane and start the server again, the fans run at normal speed. I've been searching online, but can't see

Question

Server born with Idrac Enterprise now is Basic ?

Hi all, I bought server on ebay, and as i see on service tag it is born with Idrac Enterprise license , but server came with basic licence,is it possible somehow to back Enterprise ? am not aloud to add ST here .    Thank you all.

Question

Web Application Hyper-V Server Performance

This is a server configuration question for a particular use case. It touches on a variety of subjects so I hope I can state my questions clearly. I've done a lotta reading, but am more confused than ever... We have a PE R750 server (16 - 64GB RDIMM, 3200MT/s, Dual Rank) configured thusly... 1.

Question

Dell R440 server with SSD

Hi, Greetings! I would like to purchase Dell R440 Server for my office. I have the following question. 1) What is the latest version of R440? In HP, there will be a generation number along with the model number. Is this the same case in dell as well? 2) Would like to use SSD but SSD's are expen

Question

PER740 GPU Dell NVIDIA A16 Passive GPU part2 .

Hi all, i had issue with this server and GPU, i bought risers/cab :  risers PN:  DTTHJ,J7W3k,MDDTD all A risers. Cables for GPU : TR5TP (i can only add 6 pin) is that ok ?  2xCMPGM (power supply)    When i add everything inside the server, server wont boot, and power

Question

PER740XD GPU Dell NVIDIA A16 Passive GPU

HI all, i need help,i woul like to add this GPU to PER740XD 8-bay,but i would like to know ,whitch risers i need ,power supplies, any extra cables for GPU ,any help is good ? Thank you.

Question

Which Intel 10Gb NICS are compatible with Dell R750xs

Which Intel 10Gb NICs are compatible with Dell R750xsOr where can I find an HCL matrix? Thanks

Question

iDRAC.SNMP.AgentCommunity string fall back to ismuser

Hello Community, I have a problem, I have a personal iDRAC.SNMP.AgentCommunity string set on my rack host, and somehow the string fallback to the default ismuser and I have no logs or anything where I can found why this is happen. PowerEdge R630 - BIOS: 2.7.1 IDRAC: 2.50.50.5

Question

PERC H730P Adapter issue fault

hi all,   i hvae this issues with 3PCS of controler PERC H730P Adapter.   does anyone know how to solve this ?  server is updated .    

Question

R730xd with different power supply

Hi, I recently made a purchase of a MMHVDC power supply for my system. the original PSU I'm using is a 1100w EPP with P/N Y26KX. it has a IEC c13 jack. The MMHVDC PSU I purchased by accident was also capable of 220VAC. can those two PSU be used in a same system? MMHVDC PSU P/N T94HP. I did try both

Question

740XD - Options for upgrading rear drive bay SSD's on 321-BCPW chassis

R740XD 321-BCPW: 12x3.5" HDD front, 4 x 3.5" mid drive tray and 4x2.5" rear drive cage 400-BDIM : 400GB SSD SAS ISE Write Intensive 12Gbps 512e 2.5in Flex Bay Drive, PM5-M, 10 DWPD, There are currently 4x (400-BDIM) occupying the 4x2.5" rear drive cage bays. The front and mid bays are fully occu

Question

PE R450 without Risers

I added a second processor to the R450 server purchased with one Xeon Silver 4314 processor. An error is displayed after startup:HWC8010 The System Configuration Check operation resulted in the following issue: Config Missing: Riser 2. Is it possible to start the system without Riser 2 so that the

Question

Programmatically determine enclosure part where slot located (front/mid/back)

Hello, Is there any way to programmatically determine enclosure part where drive slot located? For example, i have R740xd system with 18 drives slots. Configuration is 12 front slots (numbers 0-11), 4 mid (16-19) and 4 rear (12-15). I can see those information in documentation. But is there any way

Question

PowerEdge R340 A12 ReadyRails II Server Rack Installation Problem

Good day, I’m having a problem right now installing the Dell R340 in a network cabinet where I can’t push it enough so the server will click and lock into its rails. The measure of the front rail post from the rear rail post is ~660mm. There is another server installed below our allotted slot speci

Question

oemr xl 240 - sold as monitoring server, can i rebuild it as a 2019 file server?

Client has presented me with an OEMR XL 240 1u server sold to him as part of a video security system. He wants me to rebuld it as a simple file server, 2019.  The and it says it was sold in Canada???  The security company is indeed 1/2  in canada and 1/2 in us.  It was sold wit

Question

Can add SSD hard disks to my server ?

Hello I have rack server R640 with chassis with up to 10x2.5in HDD in Hot-plug AG drive with part number (8KXX7) I have 2 SSD drive + 4 of HDD DRIVES My question, Can I add extra SSD drives ?

Question

[Linux] [perccli?] How to expose drives in a Hardware RAID to the operating system?

Hello,As you might already know, the Samsung 870 EVO drives have a critical flaw that destroys data on the SSD after several months of usage.( https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/samsung-870-evo-beware-certain-batches-prone-to-failure.291504/ | https://vi-control.net/community/threads/careful

Question

Unable to upgrade idrac8 from 2.70.70.70

I have an R630 running the 2.70.70.70 iDRAC firmware. I've tried every version of update newer than what is installed and I consistently get the error, "Unable to extract payloads from Update Package". I have googled this to death and I can't seem to find a fix for this. I am attempting the update v

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!