Search Results (480)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Community Accepted Solution

R330 alternating fatal errors when installing OS

Recently went to install an OS (FreeBSD) on my R330, and would often get "A fatal error was detected on a component at bus 7 device 0 function 0" or the same for bus 5. Curiously, it would consistently alternate between the two for every boot. I haven't been able to figure out what device is actu

Question

hacMouse and keyboard not workin during boot or BIOS screen

I have a problem with a Dell Poweredge R440. Mouse and keyboard don't work during boot or BIOS setup. The same problem with virtual console or local inputswith a physical keyboard and mouse. After windows is started it works. What is the problem?? I reset the iDRAC to default and I even updated th

Question

R730xd lifecycle controller reboot loop

Hi community, Not sure if this is the right spot to post this question. I was trying to do BIOS , firmware updates on the R730xd server. I decided to start with updating the IDRAC  - did not work by going to IDRAC settings and Updated and Rollback Decided to go and change next boot to Life

Question

Does R630 support rhcos?

I was able to install RHCOS 4.9.0 ISO on a R630 server. But it failed to boot to RHCOS 4.10. ISO. The error is "Boot failed: Please ensure a compatible bootable media is available". I came across this old post in DELL community: https://www.dell.com/community/PowerEdge-HDD-SCSI-RAID/RHCOS-Boot-fai

Question

Dell PowerEdge R6515 and Dell drives

Hello Experts, I'm looking into purchasing a number of Dell PowerEdge R6515 servers with one AMD Epyc Zen 3 CPU (7xx3) and two ~3.8TB NVMe drives and I'm getting conflicting informations about drives, drivers, controllers and PCI 3/4 capabilities.   Questions:   1. do I need to

Question

Dell C6220 II Power Comsumption

Hi, I have a Dell C6220 II with 2 Nodes (2U Sled). How many Amps does it need to full power?

Question

PowerEdge Servers

Hi, Can DELL PowerEdge R750 server give inlet temperature data (not the motherboard temperature) over SNMP? Is the external temperature sensor necessary?

Question

How to change fan speed or update R420

I have an R420 server that always runs the fans at high speeds. I cannot find an option in any startup menu or the lifecycle controller for fan speed. I have tried to update the server but I dont know where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Question

R720 The system board fail-safe voltage is outside of range.

Hello, I have a server R720. Two days ago the server shut down because the power supplies got hot. after that the server cannot start. Here is the logs that was found on the iDrac: Tue Aug 16 2022 10:14:36 The system board fail-safe voltage is outside of range.Sun Aug 14 2022 03:04:38 The sy

Question

poweredge r640 LCD/security Bezel

The datasheet for the PowerEdge r640 states that you can get and LCD or Security Bezel. However, when manually configuring the r640, the options you can choose are: no bezel, standard bezel, or LCD Bezel.  Looking into it further it seems that the LCD Bezel's lock. I would just like confirmatio

Question

Update R715 server

Hi, I'm trying to update the firmware of my R715 Dell servers since yesterday. I have downloaded this ISO: SUU-LIN32_17.12.200.229.ISO But since it doesn't boot, I can't use it... I have tried to boot the server using this other ISO as a Virtual CD: sbuu_2.4_1294_A01.iso But then I can't m

Question

Error BAT0002 System board battery has failed

Hi, I have my dell r620 server error BAT0002, after clear system event log (SEL) and restart server, it is okay, but if you unplug the psu, then plug in back and turn on, the error will appear again, already replaced CMOS battery, update firmware, change psu still same if unplug and plug it back, cl

Question

Using multiple RAID controllers in a PowerEdge R730xd

I have a PowerEdge R730xd with a PERC H730 Mini controller and want to know if I could add another H730 Mini. I'm wanting to provide room for an additional 7 drives and need to know if the chassis/mainboard can house both controllers.

Question

R330 Firmware Update Fail for Intel X710 NIC/Card

Hi, I'm in the process of building a new pfSense box on a refurbished Dell R330 (local ISP is now offering up to 8 Gigabit residential). I picked up an Intel X710 dual port 10G network card and installed it into the server without issue. iDRAC detects a newer firmware for Intel(R) Ethernet C

Question

Need Redhat 8 controller drivers for old R715, H700 controller

I'm trying to build an old PowerEdge R715 server with Redhat 8. I tried 8.1 and 8.3 DVDs: both tell me there are no disks. Redhat 7.9 sees the disks. BIOS is currently at 3.2.2 and I just updated the H700 controller firmware to 12.10.7. Is there a driver available? I looked in various places on

Question

C6320 NIC not showing in OS

HI there, We have been struggling for a while. But we are unable to see the integrated NIC's of the C6320 servers in the OS.What we have checked:- Interface shows up in iDRAC under Network devices- Cisco/Intel/Dell SFP+'s (all work when we assign the iDRAC to them)- The switch shows the link as UP a

Question

PowerEdge XR2 Screw Sizes

Can someone please help with the screw sizes of these two screws in the pictures below? First the size of the blue spring-loaded screw. Then second the slide mounting screw size on the side. Thank you in advance.

Question

Main differences between r230 and r330

Hello all, I was curious if anyone could point out the differences between the r230 and r330.  It seems to me as if the specs are the same.   Thanks, Dave C

Question

Ram Upgrade for Server R640

Greetings! Existing the Server have 10 Ram with 32G 2400Mhz, and I going to increase 8 more Ram with 32G 2933Mhz.  Is that compatible ? I'm more worry about speed different cause to any error in future 

Question

R730XD Possible Motherboard, iDRAC, Fan Issue

Hi all, I picked up a used R730XD last week and have been going through configuring/updating things and have run into some odd issues with this server. I could not get the virtual console to display anything.  It would load up on both the java and html5 version but show "No Signal".  Add

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!