Search Results (480)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Community Accepted Solution

Me4012 iscsi with r450 server

Is it possible to add 2 iscsi initiators to r450 servers via direct connection without switch from me4012 storage. The ports given from the controllers to the server are not up, can you help me?

Question

R740XD latch

Latch on my R740XD sticking out about quarter of an inch even when the lid is closed all the way. Same problem when the cover is completely removed from the server, so something is wrong with the latch itself. As a result it's always on the way when pulling the server (or the server above) out of th

Question

Replacing HBA330 with H740P, cable needed?

We have a PowerEdge 740XD currently with HBA330 pciE card (no raid) wanting to replace with a raid card - probably the H740P Will the same cable work for either card? The cable we have now is part number 0787PR This is our configuration:(asking about cable #6)  

Question

Consumer questions for datacenter

Hi, I have a PowerEdge R740xd. In the documentation it says: Input Power: 433 watts ~ 1477.5 btu/hPower Supply Capacity: 750 watts ~ 2559.1 btu/hInput current: 2 ampsDual, Hot-plug, Redundant Power Supply (1+1), 750W Being on a server with high font availability, should I consider twice this inf

Question

How to install Ubuntu 20.04 in R240 / Installer has some error occured

Hello. I recently purchased an R240 server and found Ubuntu 20.04 LTS included in the compatibility matrix.I downloaded the 20.04 live server iso image from the official website of the Ubuntu Foundation and tried to install it, but a kind of error occurs right after the hard disk formatting procedu

Question

R310 network connections

I have a used r310 that the 2gb port is not connecting to other devices I attempt to connect with it. It doesn't accept dhcp and doesn't communicate with manually entered information. Tried resetting the idrac and entering the information in the OS but nothing works. Going to see if all the firmware

Question

Help! How to back to the original bios theme

After setting the bios to default, it becomes like this in the picture, it turns out to be blue text on a white background。 Can't find any way to modify it, the bios version is 2.15 [Moderator removed attachment with private information]

Question

Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000 compatibility

Is the Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000 compatible with the Dell Poweredge R750xa Server?

Question

How many NVMe PCIe can I install

Hello I have rack server power edge R640 with the below specifications Chassis with Up to 10x2.5in HDD and 3 PCIe Slots PCIe Riser Config 4, 2 x16 Low Profile 240GB SSD SATA M.2 512e 6Gbps Drive My question, How many NVMe PCIe device I can add? Please note that server is running in production a

Question

R740xd pre-installed windows server 2019

Hello, The R740xd came with pre-installed windows server 2019 std and i have reconfigure the non-RAID disks to RAID1 in order to install OS on it. Where can i find windows license to activate?  is there any option in BIOS to reset it to default factory in order to have the preinstalled version

Question

RAID PROBLEM IN EMC R340

After removing the RAID or virtual drive how to run OS without losing data?

Question

Reset iDrac Random Password without info tag R640

I have a R640 unit that had a custom idrac password tag but has since been lost. Is there a procedure for resetting that custom password if the tag is no longer around? I've tried restore all idrac defaults via F2 and trying to hard code a new password but no luck.

Question

Dell PowerEdge R7525 and v-cache EPYC processors

I have an R7525 with dual EPYC 7713 processors. I was wondering if it's possible to upgrade this system to the v-cache processors. Say the 7773X. Some weeks ago, I played around with the website to configure a new machine with these processors to see if it was possible, but I got strange motherboard

Question

Unable to power on the host because an SL cable is connected to an unpowered device

Hey everyone, I have a PowerEdge R750xa which was running fine until recently. After briefly opening the chassis yesterday to simply check for the GPUs, it won't boot up anymore. All internal devices appear to be connected correctly. When plugging in the power supply, the front panel indicates "In

Question

Using individual disks in non-RAID mode on a H750 controller

I have bought four new R540 servers each fitted with the H750 RAID controller with the intention of adding five 4 TB SAS disks to each and using these as independent drives rather than as a RAID array. If I create five RAID 0 arrays each with one disk in it, will this work? This certainly works wit

Question

R340 does not power on, system board diagnostic LEDs blinking

Hello, I have a problem with Poweredge R340 and need information regarding its motherboard diagnostic LEDs reports. Preamble: I've bought a used server from half a world away, and shipping it back will cost more than I've paid for the server. So I could not return the server to the seller because i

Question

ConnectX-5EN not detected by iDRAC

Hello forum, i have a DELL PQ 730xd equipped with dual processors, and added a ConnectX-5EN to it (no DELL FW/"Branding", stock NVIDIA/MELLANOX). I have installed latest firmware on NIC and also the latest iDRAC.Also i have resetted iDRAC to it's factory defaults. But i still i won't find the NVI

Question

Cannot change the iDrac Name from racadm

Hi, I have quite a few PowerEdge servers and I need to set their iDrac Name from CLI but here is what I get this behavior : # ssh server 'racadm set iDRAC.Info.Name iDRAC-$HOSTNAME'root@localhost's password:ERROR: The specified object is READ ONLY and cannot be modified. Changing the Name from th

Question

R420 from 2012 : Upgrade CPU

Hello,I'm sudent, and I just buy 4 old R420 servers, with couple of e5-2430 and 2450.It seems it's "v1" cpu on 1356 socket.They works correctly, but I want to max it.I found the upper cpu for this plateforme : 2470 v2I found it for 20$ each.Can I upgrade cpu from V1 to V2 ?I just upgrade bios and Id

Question

Customer want to add user in all idracs-9 30 clusters is there an automation we can use

we have 30 clusters 380 esxi nodes Vxrail  we need to add user  to idrac -9  versins 5.xx  with read only   how can we automat this ? in a cluster level  or on all the enlivenment racadm -r -u -p P config -g cfgUserAdmin -I -o cfgUserAdminUserName racadm -r -u

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!