Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
E

Community Accepted Solution

Closed

Preservation temperature ranges PowerEdge R750xs server

Hi, My name is Emanuel Serrano and y buy a Dell EMC PowerEdge R750xs server. It is beatufull !!!I want to know the preservation temperature ranges (turn-off). This is because it will be stored in a warehouse in which the temperature range can go from -20°C to 40°C.

Question

Closed

additional HBA to Poweredge R450

Hi   We have a Dell HBA 355E adapter which we need to install it in addition to an R450. I believe we require a riser for this. Can you please advise the part no that we need to order?   Thanks Matthew 

Question

Closed

Need to buy TPM 2.0 for r730, r630, and r430

good morning all the context: I would like to purchase a TPM 2.0 for r730, r630, and r430 servers.   the problems: 1. I have no idea which part numbers correspond to these servers; 2. I have also failed to find a web page of Dell where there parts can be purchased from;   P

Question

Closed

Poweredge R540 Trusted Platform Module 1.2

Hi, I maintain a Poweredge r540 server and my manager would like to use BitLocker. I've checked and there's currently no TPM module installed. The host operating system has been installed using 'BIOS' instead of UEFI and so we'd want to install a TPM 1.2 module as TPM 2.0 wouldn't be supported wi

Question

Closed

Ax-750 physical disks missing

Hello,I have a problem with my AX-750 servers.The servers were installed for testing with Windows 2019 core.Now the tests are done and I have reinstalled the Windows today and it only shows me the 4 x NvMe hard drives on the Boss controller.But the 16x SSD's on the HBA controller are missing.In Idra

Question

Closed

R320 update path

Hello! I hope someone can guide me in the right direction. I got an old R320 server and I'd like to bring it to the latest firmware versions. I read about that it is a dangerous thing to jump directly to the latest versions of the different FWs so I'd like to ask for some help figuring out the righ

Question

Closed

PowerEdge R730xd doesn't see more than 8 disks on front backplane

Hello, I've gotten a second-hand R730xd that doesn't recognize more than the first 8 disks (numbered 0-7) installed in front on the front backplane. Two disks installed on the rear backplane are detected fine as Disk 24 and Disk 25. When I install additional disks, I don't even get a power light.

Question

Can’t bring up Blades with ESXi

Had to relocate our Poweredge FX2. Once we powered it up in new rack, it powers up fine, but unable to access the two ESXi we setup on both blades via web or even vga/usb. On top of that, the Chassis password was forgotten. We added the jumper to use the default password but that doesn’t seem to wo

Question

25Gbps LOM board for PowerEdge R6515

I have a PowerEdge 6515 server with an AMD EPYC 7313P processor. It has a LOM board with 2 * 1Gbps ports. I want to replace it with a 2*25Gbps SFP28 LOM board (I have seen a few of them on eBay). The technical specification for the server says that it supports LOM boards with 2*25Gbps SFP28 ports b

Question

Dell R820 NIC - 40GbE

Hey there, If I were to install a Dual port 40GbE NIC in an R820 server.. (Confirmed it is compatible) Would it be reverse compatible and be able to handle the 1GbE and 10GbE stuff as well? Thank you

Question

R730XD RAID for hosting drive

Using SCVM for 3 different hosts. I want to use RAID for hosting drive, and HBA pass through to rest of drives.  What's the best solution to do this?  Its possible on the R730XD correct?  I don't have the ability to migrate VMs somewhere else.  (Right now, I'm using spinning dri

Question

c6320 clock speed locket to 1.2Ghz on all 4 nodes

Hi, a couple of weeks ago we noticed that all nodes on our c6320 aswell on our c6220 are locked to 1.2GHz. On our c6220 we were able to bring clock speed on Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 0 @ 2.50GHz back to 2.9Ghz by setting bios Option "emergency CPU ThrottlePolicy" do nothing. But on our c6320 t

Question

Dell R630 stuck on Initializing Firmware Interfaces

Hi all, I've been upgrading our R630s iDRAC and BIOS to v2.83.83.83 and v.2.16 respectively. I went to rebuild an ESXi host and made the change from BIOS to UEFI boot. Now the server is stuck on 'initializing firmware interfaces' on boot. I've tried unplugging all drives, unplugging all peripherals

Question

Official Solution

TPM information

the machine is displaying TPM type ???-NTC. any help on how to enable TPM.  

Question

FX2S PCI-E Mezzanine Card

Hi, What is the difference between these two PCI-E passthru mezzanine cards: TKJJJ KHKN5 I need passthru mezzanine card to access PCI-E slots for NVMe on FC630 Thanks!  

Question

Maxing out a Dell C4140 Server

I have a Dell C4140 with 4x P100s and 2x Gold 6134 processors. I would like to max it out, if possible. what is the best CPU can I put in it? can I swap out the P100s for V100s? this is assuming both are SMX2

Question

R440 3104** Bronze

When looking at the list of supported processors for the R440. The bronze 3104 has (**) next to it while some others have (*). I've looked all over the technical guide and could not find the meaning of * and **. Anyone know what they mean?

Question

Dell R740 idrac license import failure LIC016

Hello! Recently we replaced our failed motherboard with a new one. On the old system we had license idrac enterpice. After replacing we entered service tag from old system(motherboard). When trying to imporrt a license we got an error - "LIC016: The feature dependencies of the license are not met."

Question

Cannot find R730xd system block diagram

Dell used to include the system block diagram in either Owner's Manual or Technical Guide (don't remember which) up until about 12th gen servers. But I cannot find it anywhere for r730xd. This is a big issue when planning placement of PCIe cards, I want to know which NUMA domain is each slot. It is

Question

Dell PowerEdge R740XD 12 LFF

Does anyone out there know if the PE R740XD 12 LFF server will support the Dell 20TB NLSAS 12G LFF HDD's? Thanks!

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!