Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
R

Community Accepted Solution

Closed

R630 State for Firmware Upgrade

Hi,On which state does the R630 needs to be in order to perform a firmware upgrade using iDRAC?What should be on the monitor connected directly to the server to safely apply the update ?What extension the update file should be for an update using a local file on the machine connected using a browser

Question

Closed

R250 Butterfly Riser Board P/N

Hi, Does anyone know the P/N for the R250 butterfly riser? Why are Dell P/N so hard to find!   Thanks Roy    

Question

Closed

r740xd uefi0067 a pcie link training failure is observed

Hi guys! I faced a problem with my r740xd uefi0067 a pcie link training failure is observed in bus 176 or 174 Dev:4 F:0 and uefi0031 a pcie downtrain is detected on bus176 or 174 Dev:4 F:0  expected link width: x16 and actual link width: x8 I've tried to set bifurcation in auto mode

Question

Official Solution

Closed

Purge old firmware versions from PowerEdge iDRAC

The output of racadm swinventory includes ComponentType = BIOS FQDD = BIOS.Setup.1-1 Rollback Version = 2.14.2 ------------------------------------------------------------------- ComponentType = BIOS FQDD = BIOS.Setup.1-1 Current Version = 2.10.2 -----------------------------------------------------

Question

Closed

R540 rear flex bay part list

Sales seems to be having issues with their internal systems. Two have said they'd email be or have somebody call me back within 15 minutes the last few days. Anyway... Could somebody please tell me the part numbers for the SAS cable, data cable, and power cable needed for the 084XP0 rear flex bay?

Question

Closed

rNDC can't update firmware

Curious if anyone knows why this won't update, am I missing something? This is in iDrac.  When I try to update firmware in LCC I get a completely different error, it doesn't even make it as far as the iDRAC.LCC error attached with red bar up top "Critical".    

Question

Closed

Can't find the Windows drivers for "coprocessor" for server R760

Hello, can you please help me with identify drivers of coprocessor on server R760? The OS is Windows 2022 DC. Chipset i have installed.       Many thanks, F.

Question

Closed

PowerEdge R730 stuck on Initializing firmware interfaces

My working/runing R730 stuck on Initializing firmware interfaces after restart. Server was working prior to that and nothing was changed. I cannot do anything from this point on. I cannot enter BIOS (F2). I cannot enter Boot Manager (F11). In community I found one sugestion to disconect power c

Question

Closed

CPU and GPU compatibility - Dell Servers

Hi Everyone, I have been looking into Dell Servers which can handle 2 x Intel Xeon Gold 6252 CPU @ 2.1 GHz and 4 x Nvidia P100 GPUs. So far, I found that Dell Poweredge R740 can handle both the CPUs but only 3 of the mentioned GPUs as they are double-width GPUs. If anyone knows which server

Question

Closed

R730 mother in R720 chassis

Hello! Is it possible to place a R730 motherboard into a R720 chassis? My R720 motherboard is faulty that I would like to replace it. I know that R730 uses E5 v3 CPU and DDR4. So that CPUs and RAMs have to be replaced together. However, I want to make sure other things are compatible, such as scre

Question

Closed

Dell PowerEdge versions with slot PCI-e x16 3.0 support?

Hi guys i am buiding a small project, and i have accquired a couple of Intell QSFP28 100G PCI-e x16 3.0 cards    i need to know which poweredge servers family have slots PCI-e x16 3.0 só i can use the cards...   Rx20s ? Rx30s ? Rx40s ?  trying to keep lowe budget as possi

Question

Closed

MX5108n Ethernet Switches for MX7000 Chassis

Hi guys, I am needing to buy 2 5108 Ethernet switches for some MX7000 chassis and I'm not sure which part number I need. Can you please tell me if its part number 95M9H or 74XDW?  or both work?  Thank  you!  

Question

Closed

HDD can't be read

I installed perc H810 in my R720, but in the process Ieft screw driver in the machine while it was running; I removed two GPUs, and H710 mini in order to install H810. The R720 boots, except it can't read the HDD, and the link lights do not work. The HDD's can be read on my R710, but not the other.

Question

Closed

R650 riser configs

Hi, We recently acquired an R650 that had formerly had 2 CPUs installed plus risers 2 & 3.  Turns out if you go down to a single CPU, you can't use risers 2 & 3 anymore, since they both leverage CPU2.  I'm reading that the only valid riser config for a 1 CPU system is "R2A + R3A

Question

Closed

R740XD BP2 SAS cable error

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums so hopefully I'm in the right place. I'm having an issue with my R740's mid bay backplane. The specific error I get is this: HWC2003: The storage BP2 SAS A0 cable is not connected, or is improperly connected. My system has the following: H740P raid car

Question

Closed

Unable to reconfigure Dell FN 410s switch modules

I purchased some used FN 410s switch modules for my FX2s at home. They arrived quickly, but they are still configured with the last user's setup. I can't modify them in CMC because they have IPs I can't access and a password that I can't reset. I've tried: - setting the CMC address to the address o

Question

Closed

Rail Kits for PV MD1000/1200/3200 & Equallogic 6110e

I want rails for PowerVault MD1000, MD1200/3200 & EqualLogic 6110e. Dell's rail sizing chart says type B9 for both MD1200 & EQL Ps61xx, and has no identifier for MD1000. But this identifier does not help on the pages listing rails for sale. (For example, I couldn't figure what the "Rail Id

Question

Closed

Adapter kit to mount Ready Rails II A7 rails into a 12-24 threaded rack?

Hey all - We've got some Dell servers that we'd like to properly mount in our rack, as opposed to simply having them stacked an resting on a shelf - is there an official Dell kit (similar to the Dell 8Y19G for B6-type Ready Rails) that will allow me to mount my Ready Rails II A7s in our 12-24 threa

Question

Closed

R730 PSU amber, cannot boot

I had a few R730 running, and one of them happened to refuse to boot. After connecting the PSU, PSU green light, yellow info panel off, IDRAC not working. Nothing happens on button press, except PSU light turns amber. And when I opened the lid, I found only one fan spining, and a yellow light arou

Question

Closed

Is nesecary a swich for my server

Is is nesecary a swich for my dell poweredge R730?

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!