Search

Search Results (480)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Community Accepted Solution

Upgraded idrac8 firmware from 2.70.70.70 to 2.83.83.83 and cant no longer use FQDN to access idrac

v2.83.83.83 was released in April 2022. We were tasked to upgrade to 2.83.83.83 to correct a vulnerability.  Upgrade worked but can no longer use FQDN to access the idrac.  Can only use the IP address.  When trying to use FQDN we get a BAD REQUEST ACCESS ERROR 400...    I

Question

Esxi 6.5 freeze on R730xd

Good morning,on two R730xd with VMware ESXi, 6.5.0, 19092475.After updating all the firmware we happened on two hypervisors with the same (identical) configuration, which went to freeze and the only way to recover it was a forced reboot.Reading around I came across this article:  https://www.re

Question

Will there be an update for the iDRAC6 firmaware to support HTML5 virtual console?

Will there be an update for the iDRAC6 firmaware to support HTML5 virtual console so I don't have to use the old Java Application. I think it would be very useful because a lot of people are working with the virtual console. Thanks for all answers or replies.

Question

PE R450 - P/N for Riser 2c expansion card?

Hi everyoneCould someone possibly assist with the Dell PN / SKU for the RISER 2c expansion ("butterfly") card which fits in SLOT 3 on the R450?Riser 2cRiser 2cWould it possibly be 330-BBXF? (Or is that for RISER 1?) Finding many references to configuration for Riser 2c on the R450, but not much

Question

r740 xd2 sliding rails

Hello, I just recently got an r740 xd2. I was curious if sliding rails will work on this particular model.     Thanks Dave

Question

PowerEdge R750 TPM 2.0 VMware

Hi, I have 2 of these hosts and vCenter says: "TPM 2.0 device detected but a connection cannot be established" I haven't changed anything in the TPM settings. I've looked at the VMware docs and they say: To use a TPM 2.0 chip, your vCenter Server environment must meet these requirements: -

Question

Regarding hot-plug disks in R740xd

Hello During configuration in OSC, I chose the following chassis for R740xd: Chass is : 12x3.5" HDDs on BP, 4x3.5" HDDs on MP and 2x3.5" HDDs Flexbay My question is; Are the disks in Midplane and FlexBay hotplug?    In OSC, I dont see "hotplug" in their definitions when I choose a dis

Question

PowerEdge R630 Updating Old BIOS Version

I have a pair of PowerEdge R630s currently running VMWare ESXi 6.5. We are updating to ESXi 6.7 but I want to update the BIOS and iDRAC firmware first. Current BIOS: 2.5.5 Current iDRAC: 2.50.50.50 I was planning on updating the iDRAC first then the BIOS in the following succession: iDRAC 2.70.7

Question

How to upgrade a datacenter

Hi, We are planning to upgrade our datacenter due to performance issues. We want to use less physical servers and more virtualization. All required servers are Dell powerEdge.Our IT team does not have wide knowledge of how to do that.  Can anybody please tell how to plan the upgrading proces

Question

CMC not responding on M1000e after power failure

Hello, We had a bad power failure and our M1000e does not boot anymore. The lcd panel display CMC not responding a few minutes after powerup. The top led on the CMC is amber steady and the bottom light starts blue and goes amber steady. I have the same thing for both cmc. I tried to pull one of t

Question

CMC 6.21 stops working when blades are under load

We have seven M1000e chassis all with 16x M630, 2x Force10MXL switches and dual CMC's with 6.21 firmware. The chassis were set up between Aug and Dec 2021.  Everything worked fine until we started moving production traffic to the chassis.  Once all the blades had an average of 20% CPU loa

Question

R250 Internal USB

Is there any documentation indicating supported uses for this internal port?

Question

Dell R 730

My dell server R730 stop working and i found many alert on LCD : VLT 0304 CPU1 M01 VDDQ PG voltage is outside of range. Reseat CPU. VLT 0304 CPU1 M01 VTT PG voltage is outside of range. Reseat CPU. VLT 0304 CPU1 M23 VDDQ PG voltage is outside of range. Reseat CPU. VLT 0304 CPU1 M23 VTT PG

Question

r720xd embedded sata ahci mode

Hello, I have replaced the optical drive with an ssd hard disc. I want to boot it from ssd. I am trying to activate from bios to find the sata but i can not find it. I have Bios 2.7.0 Can someone help me on that? Thank you Stefanos

Question

DOWNGRADE Dell per630 issues

HI all, I have issues with downlograde server Per630, i need to add V3 CPU ,so i need BIOS 1. something. when i try rollback bios I dont have any 1. something -BIOS for rolback. I tried to downlogad direct from Idrac faiure all the time.   Please help with solutions.  and guys ple

Question

Hard disk 0kb sas ssd and can't creat raid

Dear sirs Please help me for my hard disks this part number for third party ssd 7.68tb Seagate xs7680se70114 Please  help me for this problem 

Question

PERC H345 4 x 3.5 direct drive connection Cable for R250

Dell EMC PowerEdge R250 Installation and Service Manual Page 45 Figure 37. Cable routing - 4 x 3.5-inch cable drive configuration with PERC Table 14. Cable routing - 4 x 3.5inch cable drive configuration with PERC What is the part numbers for these cables?

Question

R720xd with Perc H710 Mini no-raid Proxmox

Hello, I have a server Dell R720xd with Perc h710 mini raid controller. I need to install Proxmox in my server  and i want to use ZFS, so i don't want to use any hardware raid like Raid0. Does Server and raid allow me to do this? if not How can i flash my raid controller? Thank you St

Question

PERC 345 to X4 Backplane Cable

What is the part number for the cable that goes from the PERC 345 adapter card to the 4X 3.5 Hot Plug bays on a 15G R250? BP_PWR_1 (Power connector on backplane) HDD/ODD_PWR (PIB connector on the system board) CTRL_SRC_SA1 (Signal connector on the PERC) BP_DST_SA1 (S

Question

R250 Raid S150

I have purchase 3 R250 servers. They don’t have an option for anything other than S150 raid. I am wanting to use RAID 1 for Hyper Vboot and RAID 1 for VMs. Am I at risk using the S150 raid? If so can I upgrade to H330 RAID?

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!