Search Results (279)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Community Accepted Solution

Post_upgrade_Task not running

Hey Guys, I just updated from OME 3.3 -> 3.4 and started updating FW on some hosts.  I noticed afterwards, there is no post_upgrade_task that runs after the update task, because of this OM still sees older version of FW on the server, and I have to run a refresh status/inventory on that d

Question

RunReport no longer working after upgrade from 3.31 to 3.4

Using a POST call to/api/ReportService/Actions/ReportService.RunReportwith a body of{ "FilterGroupId": 0, "ReportDefId": 57514 }returns this error{ "error": { "code": "Base.1.0.GeneralError", "message": "A general error has occurred. See ExtendedInfo for more informatio

Question

Open Manage DR instance

Hi, I was wondering what the best practice/some methods people have in syncing/backing up their OpenManage appliances.  I currently have 3 instances that manage a good amount of devices each (that handle different parts of the world). If for whatever reason one instance has a catastrophic fa

Question

Drivers Update in OME

Hello ! I updated OpenManage to 3.4.0 (Build 55) but I still don't have the drivers updates that are available (only firmwares). Is that also your case?  

Question

MD3200...exactly how do you "Discovery and inventory" from OM enterprise?

It says it here https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/dell-openmanage-enterprise-v32_support-matrix_en-us.pdf The only thing missing is how to. 

Question

Dell OpenManage Enterprise Access to Operating System

Salutations Dell Community, My organization is utilizing Dell OpenManage Enterprise 3.3 to manage our Dell servers. My Network Enterprise Center wants to know why I cannot install McAfee Security Software on the OME. I am under the impression that OME does not allow access to the underlying OS (Ce

Question

SANs for the OME website certificate request

We are running OpenManage Enterprise version 3.3.1, we have a PKI and I want to use a certificate for the OpenManage Enterprise website. On the Application Settings tab > Security > Certificates, I seem to only be able to define a Distinguished Name and not any Subject Alternative Names (SANs)

Question

OME API - Discovery groups limitation ?

Hi, we have built automation around adding / removing the Devices into OME but as we adding more - currently have over 600 devices, we have bumped into some weird limitations.  We have discovery group for each device. When i run API to get all the discovery groups using postman GET https:/

Question

Invisible menus in OpenManage Server Administrator

hello, I just installed OpenManage v8.5 on one of my Dell R720 servers and I notice that some submenus are not visible (power management, power supplies, remote access, intrusion, voltages, fans, etc.) do you have any idea where my problem may come from? Thank you

Question

Edit a Custom Group

Hello I have created custom groups within static groups of devices but can not see a way to edit them. If I want to remove a device from a custom group I can either delete it or exclude it. Both of these result in the device being removed from OME, which I do not want. I can recreate the custom gro

Question

Fiirmware Baseline best practices?

Howdy, I was testing out the Firmware Baseline stuff yesterday and have a question. I was assuming that every time I wanted to push out some updates I'd have to create a new Baseline to see what was out of date.  However, I notice that I can select an existing Baseline and then choose Check C

Question

If I schedule an update for later, does it still only reboot if it needs to?

Howdy, I'm scheduling some Drac updates which do not require reboots. However, On the scheduling screen it says it will reboot the servers when it's done.  Can I assume that it will only do the reboots if it really needs to and won't reboot from the iDrac update?  I can't have these serv

Question

What does Stage for next reboot mean?

Howdy, When doing the Firmware/Bios updates, there's a box that says: Stage for next server reboot. Can anyone tell me exactly what that box does? Does it do the install right away but just postpones the reboot until later? Or does it just copy the files but doesn't actually do the install until th

Question

Firmwareupdate causes cold reboot instead clean reboot of the operating system

I installed a few firmware updates on several servers (R730, R440, Windows 2019 LTSC) with the option "Update now". OME warns we: Warning: This operation will reboot the selected device(s). Do you want to continue? -> ok.   So far, so good.   But it se

Question

Is Hotspare Policy Required?

I am running Raid 10 with 4 physical disks on PERC 6 mini. I currently have 2 physical drives configured as hot spares. All 6 drives are identical. I have NOT configured the "Global Hot Spare Policy" or "Dedicated Hot Spare Policy". Question: Will the currently configured Global Hot Spares be used

Question

Firmware download failing for OS Collector 5.0 (R430s)

Across multiple instances of OpenManage Enterprise 3.3.1 (Dell appliances), we are getting package download failures, specifically for the OS Collector 5.0 package for R430s (narrowed it down one by one to that update in particular).  Can Dell look into this as it is making all of our automation bre

Question

Receive below error when trying to upgrade iDRAC firmware for M640 blade in OME 3.2.1. Current version is 3.21.21.21 and baseline version is 4.0. I get the same error with internal repository of firmware files or with Dell's online catalog. Messages: Running Starting communicatio

Question

Configuration Compliance question

Hello we are just starting to use Configuration Compliance templates on a number of servers we have. however can some one tell me how to recheck a server once a template has been applied to see if any changes have occurred? i have manualy changed a number of BIOS settings on one of the servers to

Question

Plain text email notifications

In OpenManage Essentials, email alerts were sent as plain text, and you could customize the entire message. In OpenManage Enterprise, you can still customize to some degree, but that's is just the message portion. The message is then wrapped in a huge HTML email with lots of other non-customizable

Question

Power Manager plugin

Hi, I'm using 3.3.1 and have just installed the power manager plugin. I can see the Widgets on the dashboard, but when I try to 'add groups' there's nothing to select; none of my static or dynamic groups show up. Am I missing something obvious? Thanks!

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!