Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
JH

Community Accepted Solution

Questions about using POST body in the PowerFlex API

I have questions about using the PowerFlex API and documentation notation. 1. Do the query parameters in the POST method actually mean the body of the request? (Link)Looking at the example, it looks like what is labeled as a query parameter actually needs to be passed as JSON in the body to work.

Question

PowerFlex RCG and VolumeID.

Hello, we are using your product, Dell Powerflex for storage cloud, version 4.5.1.1 (4). We are considering buying one more your product for RCG (backup). Question. 1. If we are using RCGs (Replication Consistency Group), are volume ID same? Let there is Powerflex systemA and systemB. There is Volu

Question

PowerFlex VxSDS capacity in use

Hi all. I'm running a system that has the the following characteristics (scli --query_all): 83.8 TB (85792 GB) total capacity35.8 TB (36639 GB) in-use capacity39.6 TB (40573 GB) unused capacity8.4 TB (8579 GB) spare capacity Based on the documentation unused capacity is "The quantity of raw capacit

Question

Does powerflex sell only appliance and rack products?

Hello, everyoneI got a powerflex 3.6 implementation and administrator training a few days ago. The instructor said the course has now been changed to appliance, and only appliance and rack products will be available in the future.Then, is it impossible to customize it like a ready node and install

Question

PowerFlex Failure Scenarios.

Hello All, We have a 8 node HCI powerflex cluster and spare capacity is set to 13% making the spare capicity eq to one node. My question is regarding the failure scenarios i.e. node failure and disk failure. How many nodes can fail at a single time. Is the spare capacity dedicated to only one node

Question

Map VxFlex volumes to Openstack (Cinder) volumes

Hi everyone, Does anybody know if you can match the volumes created in VxFlex (scli --query_all_volumes) to the volumes created in Openstack (Cinder- openstack volume list) e.g. map the VxFlex "Volume ID" with the corresponding volume ID in openstack? Thanks

Question

ESXi compatibility

Hi all, I wanted to know if the ESXi 7.0 U2d version is compatible with the already installed PowerFlex version 3.6.0.355 Thanks for you support!Jac

Question

LDAP and Native auth in parallel?

Hi, Is it possible to have LDAP authentication for operations members and Native authentication on MDM and GW? The use case for Native is a fixed system e.g. Openstack cinder node.  It would be a hybrid authentication model.

Question

vRO Plug-in for Powerflex

Hi guys i want to know about Powerflex information Do i get information about vRO Plug-in for Powerflex? or how can I develop it in another way? thanks Regards

Question

PowerFlex Prometheus exporter

Hey, I'm running PowerFlex 3.5.1 (SDS version). I was wondering if there is a way to export metrics to Prometheus (metrics like IOPs, bandwidth, number of SDS' and SDC's etc). I saw there are some open-source projects in github but they don't seem to be very maintained. I guess I can write one my

Question

VMware ScaleIO Gateway to a shared datastore

Say please! Is it possible to migrate VMware ScaleIO Gateway to a shared datastore? In case of host esxi failure when vSphere ON is enabled. As I understand it, only this SVM is not tied to RDM disks. Now it is stored on the local datastore and I think that if the host fails, it will not be able to

Question

PowerFlex integration with vROPs 8.1

Hello, We are running PowerFlex 3.5.1 and we have been trying to integrate it with vROPs 8.1. We have installed the adapter but are having a rough time configurating the adapter instances. We've tried setting up the MDM and Gateway adapters but for some reason 'validate connection' fails witho

Question

scini volume I/O error - failed getting LB-Info

Hello! I'm currently testing ScaleIO with version R2_0.14000.231 on CentOS 7.2. I have 12 SDS in one storage pool, 1 protection domain and 4 fault sets with 3 SDS in each fault set. Each SDS have two network interface: 1 Gb/s Ethernet for management traffic and 56 Gb/s InfiniBand for Data traff

Question

Cant Download SIO

How i can download SIO OpenSource ?? on site its not possible download, are blocked.

Question

SIO license for lab environment

in a lab setup if I have to test lockbox creation, SNMP config. In SIO we will have to install ESRS for lockbox creation, which in turn will require a SIO license to be installed. How can we get a SIO license to be used in lab environment?

Question

Minimize impact to client IO when SDS crash with a kernel panic

Hello! I'm currently testing ScaleIO with version R2_0.14000.231 on CentOS 7.2. I have 12 SDS in one storage pool, 1 protection domain and 4 fault sets with 3 SDS in each fault set. Each SDS have two network interface: 1 Gb/s Ethernet for management traffic and 56 Gb/s InfiniBand for Data traff

Question

Unable to remove a failed SDS

I've got a server that failed catastrophically that was working as an SDS. I want to remove it from my ScaleIO cluster, but cannot. I tried to remove the SDS with scli, but now it is stuck in Remove-Pending state: root@scaleio-1-1:~# scli --query_all_sds Query-all-SDS returned 5 SDS nodes.

Question

Rebuild with no degraded area

Hi guys! We had a switch stack issue and our 3 SDS node rebooted at same time. The system came back with no degraded area but making a huge rebuild (55 TB, almost all the data we haver over it). There were some Path and Original-Path scrambles, I did the update_device_original_path in only

Question

Addition of new disk in existing SDS

I need to add one disk per node (5 nodes) and add this disk to SDS. There is no information about addition of new disk in existing SDS, only about error disk replacement. When i "add new device" Is there a chance to start rebalance/rebuild when i add new device to SDS? I strognly don't want tha

Question

Tiers In Licenses

I am researching the ScaleIO licenses on the internet to have a general idea and I see different prices for different "Tiers", which range from Tier 1 to Tier 11. What is the meaning of Tier in terms of licenses?

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!