Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
R

Community Accepted Solution

FTP invalid certificate error while accessing the share

We have received FTP invalid certificate error while accessing the share. Do we need to apply the new certificate to Isilon will solve the issue?

Question

NFS client modification via Rest

Trying to work on an automated process to add to the clients list of a NFS export via a Rest or a web call. The only thing I have found so far is the following PUT but it replaces the existing entries in the client list.   Example: Put https:/<server>/platform/16/protocols/nfs/exports

Question

Isilon Auto shutdown - Power cut (ups)

Hello team, We have an isilon gen6 with H500 nodes. We have apc ups. Is it possible to initiate auto shutdown to the Isilon when a power cut occurs ?

Question

Patch with .isi file extension / Readme still references .pkg - How to install?

Running OneFS 9.5.0.3 looking to install RUP 9.5.0.6. To view the readme: isi upgrade catalog readme --file=9.5.0.6_LTS2023_GA-RUP_PSP-3839.isi But the readme still references using tar to extract the .pkg and installing it.  So in the readme: isi upgrade patches install 9.5.0.6_LTS2023_GA-

Question

Closed

API to retrieve used and available capacity

Hi, Is there an API url to retrieve the used and available capacity from a powerscale cluster? Similar to the output from the isi status command: Cluster Name: xxxxxxxxxCluster Health: [ OK ]Data Reduction: 1.00 : 1Storage Efficiency: 0.73 : 1Cluster Storage: HDD SSD StorageSize: 367.7T (432.5T R

Question

Closed

How to download log files from NL400 nodes - Looking for community input.

We have 15 NL400 nodes that we are in the process of decommissioning so they can be either sold or scrapped. As part of this process, I started by running "isi_reformat_node" followed by running the drive scrub utility ( /usr/bin/isi_hwtools/drive_scrub ). I then boot each node to the join prompt, b

Question

Closed

Isilon - syslog port

Hi, How do you change the port for syslog? I tried updating /etc/mcp/templates/syslog.conf as well as /etc/services, but syslog seems to default back to 514. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks,

Question

Closed

pkg install

Trying to run pkg command, but failed. Any idea what I should do? Thanks! abc% sudo pkg install ca-certificates Password: Updating isilon repository catalogue... pkg: http://buildbiox.west.isilon.com/snapshots/b.9.4.0.007/poudriere/packages/onefs-default//meta.txz: No address record repository isil

Question

Closed

Onefs with Active Directory, sync the changes made in AD

Hi, I have a cluster with OneFs 8.0.0.6 and a MS server 2022 with AD, the cluster is connected to the AD. If I make changes in the AD, for example I add or remove a user from a group that has access to a folder the modification won't take effect until I unmount the share on the workstation or rest

Question

Closed

Unresponsive Isilon HD400 External network 10Gb with Nexus

Hi All, I believe i'm in a strange situation. The guy who set up (partially) has moved company. 10x EMC Isilon HD400 external network 10Gb NICs (2x) were connected to Nexus switches. Isilion with OneFS 8.0.1. I can see there is Link aggregation being setup on Isilon 10Gb NICs. Nexus was configured

Question

Closed

Performance test on specific interface

Hi, Is there a way to run a performance test on a specific interface? I have two arrays PROD and DR over a 10G. I would like to run a benchmark without going over the management interface. I am just looking to test the replication interface. Is there a way to do this through iperf3 or perhaps a wor

Question

Closed

SMB Log Formatting

We started ingesting Isilon SMB audit events in our SIEM and we're working on developing parsers for it, but need to understand what every piece in the event represents. Sample: <30>1 2023-05-10T22:44:47.000000-04:00 USXX-ISI-C021-5(id2) audit_protocol 5185 - - S-1-5-21-3108209963-2641128813

Question

Closed

Isilon: disable user access for shares/exports

Hi, I have some exports & shares which I am planning to migrate to another Isilon using SyncIQ. During cutover, what is the best way to disable any user IO access for source exports/shares ? I know there is option to disable protocol for entire Isilon but in my case, I just want to disable user

Question

Closed

Isilon command output in CSV or column wise output

Hi, Is there anyway to get Isilon command output in CSV file format or in column format ? Example, is there anyway to see the column wise or CSV file format for command "isi nfs exports view " or "isi smb share view " ? Thanks

Question

Closed

"Instant" tiering?

So we're a post production house, using adobe premiere pro. We have a couple of H500 clusters, and also some A200 in those clusters as tier2. Until now we have however not used smartpools to automatically move any data between the tiers, at least not in production. The idea is(like everyone else)

Question

Closed

SyncIQ - PROD to DR: Cleanup

Hi, We have a PROD to DR configured with SyncIQ. Recently I had to pause the policies due to cleanup and directory structure changes. There were many files that needed to be deleted from the Source. I updated the policies and the Target's directory structure is now aligned with what is on the Sourc

Question

Closed

Process sshd failed

Hi team.After rebooting the cluster it seems that sshd process not running, it's weird because the normal behaviour it would have been get up the process during rebooting but it hasn't. Now connecting throught ssh always fail.Wich the next option to check recomended? Console? Isilon NL400 Onefs v

Question

Closed

Isilon SMB Auditing Events Selection

Hello, OneFS: v9.3.0.4CEE: 8.9.8.2Aggregator: Splunk I was able to configure CEE correctly and it's now forwarding Isilon audit logs to Splunk. However, the amount of data is exceedingly large. I would like to limit the log events, either during the capture or when forwarding. For example, we don'

Question

Closed

Isilon - Floating value for SyncIQ on transferred

Hi, For SyncIQ is there a way to display the floating value of what has been transferred? If you have a large amount of data the Summary doesn't tell you if the policy is almost finished or its just in the beginning of transferring files. Thanks,

Question

Closed

Isilon 32bit / 64bit

We have recently migrated data to the Isilon. in some instances, we have had the requirement to ensure that a 32bit client can use the NFS export . The customer would like to apply the 32bit setting to all the NFS exports regardless of whether the client is 32bit or a 64bit client . Is there a poten

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!