Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
T

Community Accepted Solution

WMS 4.3 Wyse 3040 ThinOS 9.5.x compatability

We're looking to upgrade our WMS server from 4.1 to 4.3 (standard), and looking through the release notes I'm seeing 9.1.x as the highest supported version of ThinOS listed. Has anyone had any issues running 3040s with ThinOS 9.5.x on WMS 4.3? This is just a safety check as we're currently running

Question

Image file greater than 300 MB in size is not supported.

Greetings. I am sending the Package "ThinOS_2402_9.5.1079.pkg", to the WMS 3.3 276 server, however it reports the following message, "Image file greater than 300 MB in size is not supported". The ThinOS_2402_9.5.1079.pkg package contains 307,917kb. Would this return be a limitation of the service, b

Question

ThinOS Extension package needed

With the release of the Amazon Workspaces Web client I would like to use the smart card auth but that requires ThinOS Extension package. Where do I get that? I don't see it in my WMS cloud deployment to add.

Question

Remote Shadow (P2P) - system\ network and firewall requirements

I am testing the new Remote Shadow (P2P) connections from our WMS Cloud tenant. I believe our zero-trust networking is blocking the connections. What are the requirements to allow this functionality? URLs, ports other settings to allow the connection. When I test from outside our corporate network

Question

WMS 4.2.1.8 - another bugged release

Upgraded from 4.1.111 and now asks for a license, with a useless script for the Identifier. Import button does nothing either.

Question

Unable to upgrade WMS to 4.2.0.521

We're unable to upgrade WMS 4.1.1.111 to 4.2.0.521 as it says the service account password can't be validated. It's 100% the correct password as I can login with it. The .txt says this: Any ideas at all?

Question

JavaScript is disabled

Hello, I just upgraded my WMS to version 4.2 and requested a free license. However, the email sent by Dell said JavaScript is disabled! I cannot get the license keys. Any suggestion? Thanks

Question

Two WMS server share one database

I am planning to set up two servers to host WMS and connect to one database. Is it possible? If so, how to get it done? Thanks

Question

WMS 4.x.x full installer issue with ESET Antivirus

I have an issue with the latest WMS 4.1.1.111.exe installer as the the package includes a freeware nssm.exe installer to deploy Window Services. Our ESET Antivirus treats the nssm.exe as potentially unsafe application and cleans it by deleting the whole .exe installer. Does anyone with ESET Antiv

Question

WMS 4.1 BIOS settings missing

I am looking to change the BIOS password for my units using this the information in the admin guide for WMS 4.1 but I have no such option for ThinOS 9.X policies. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Question

Closed

Deactivate Factory Reset Option on Wyse 3040 TCs in WMS

Hi,is there any way to hide or disable the factory reset option (checkbox) for users of our Wyse 3040 ThinClients? Can't find a setting for this unfortunately. I was able to disable the shutdown. However, the reset option can still be found in this menu, which unfortunately poses certain dangers. T

Question

Closed

Wyse Management Suite 4.0 not loading

Hi All, I am looking to deploy some WYSE Clients in our environment and have started setting up the Management Suite. I got the current version from Dell Support - WMS 4.0.0.526. Processed the install which seemed to go fine, specified the necessary database passwords, allocated a domain account t

Question

Closed

Keyboard layout with Thin OS 9.3.3099 (2211)

Hi, I am using WMS 3.3.1 29, and when I try to configure the layout to "Belgian Dutch", I cannot find it in the list. I am using Citrix as broker and unfortunately, the "Windows golden image" has been configured with "Belgian Dutch" keyboard layout. When I am connecting as a standard end user, I

Question

Root policy for 8.6 and 9.x

Hi, I am using a "root policy" for all my devices, mostly 3040s. Most of them are running 8.6_807/810. I did upgrade one of my device to the version 9.3.2102. My question is when I select my "root policy", I have the choice to modify Thin OS and Thin OS 9. If I modify the Thin OS 9, will this rebo

Question

Failed to Upload BIOS

Hi Guys!My WMS Server is on the last version (WMS 4.0 HF2 547), and when i try to upload a new BIOS firmware they report me the error:Wyse_5070_1.21.0.exe:Invalid application file

Question

Unable to view ThinOS 9.x policy

Hello All, When i tried to modify the policy of ThinOS 9.x , nothing appears on the view so i can't edit it... Can someone help ?   Thanks.

Question

Unable to deploy images after upgrade to 4.0

Hello Community, I'm unable to deploy/push images to our WES devices after the upgrade of our On-Premise WMS to the 4.0 version. I' get the following error: "Internal error. Exception is handled" Is this issue related to the patch that will be released soon? 

Question

WMS PUSH bios and firmware update

We just did a mass push update to our WYSE thin Client 5070 and all seemed fine. The Dell ThinOS 2208 (9.3.2102) was updated as well as BIO 1.18.0. The issue we have is that software packages updated and the OS updated but the BIOS did not. Most of our 5070s are still version 1.10. Not sure why the

Question

No Wallpaper and regio/language settings in standard user profile

Hi, since image 10.04.06.05.22.00 and Agent 14.6.5.9 there is no Wallpaper and no language/regional settings set in the standard user profile. In Admin profile its all correct.  The Unify Write Filter tray icon is missing. The UWF is enabled. TCs with older image and older agent have th

Question

WMS Custom Roles not showing

As per the WMS 3.2 Admin guide, I should be able to create / assign custom roles to administrators. Using Wyse Management Suite 3.1 or later versions, a global administrator can create a new administrator role and provide granular permissions for different functionalities of Wyse Management Suite.

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!