Search Results (679)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Community Accepted Solution

Can I install a 2TB SSD on a Dell 3630 Precision Tower

I have a Dell 3630 Precision Tower with a 250Gb PCIe SSD in one slot, and a 2TB HDD in a second slot. I would like to upgrade the HDD to an SSD.  The spec sheet for this computer shows that the slot which currently has the SSD can accept a 2Tb SSD; however, the other SSD slot will only accept

Question

Dell Precision 5820 Tower XCTO Base, Hard drives not being detected

I purchased a Precision 5820 Tower XCTO Base (Feburary of 2022), that came with four Hard Drive Tray Caddies. The top right caddy has an Intel NVMe PCIe SSD (Front PCIe FlexBay) with a M.2 256GB PCIe NVMe in it. This has been working fine. Today I tried to add two additional sata har

Question

Dell Precision 7910 - upgrade dual K5200

Want to upgrade the existing dual Nvidia K5200 cards to dual RTX A5500 cards. The existing power supply is 1300 watts. I have dual 6-pin to single 8-pin power cables for the A5500. Will this upgrade work?

Question

Mini Mono PERC Controller for 7920 Rack

I want to install either a PERC H730 or H740 in my Precision 7920 rack workstation (I don't want to use up a PCIe slot).  The DELL documentation lists this as possible and the motherboard has the mounting posts next to riser 1A.  However, I am going to need a cable from the board to the b

Question

Standoff need for Precision 3660

Hi, Apologies if this has been answered but I couldn't find the answer. I have also reached out to dell but I am not getting an answer. We have just purchased a new computer for the office and wish to add more storage. We seem to be missing a standoff, but I am getting mixed messages about which

Question

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after I installed 2nd NVME drive

I have a Windows 10 Enterprise Precision 3640 Tower into which I installed a 4TB Crucial P3 Plus PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD in the workstation's second m.2 slot as a non-boot drive. While the BIOS recognizes the drive, when I try to boot (not from this drive), I get a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and g

Question

Installing wifi/bluetooth in T3620

Hi, once again! I have lots of questions so you may be seeing a lot more of me in here. It's probably 15 years since I did anything like this so I'm a bit lost and need a little help and a few pointers. I'd like to install wifi/bluetooth and I'm not sure what I should buy? I mean are all the PCIe c

Question

which drives to install for best possible performance?

Hi Peeples! I recently purchased a second hand T3620, it comes without any drives or operating system installed and im having a hard time figuring out what type of M.20 NVME drive i can install for best possible performance. I can't seem to find enough information anywhere to find out which version

Question

Installing Sound Card into 3620 Precision Desktop

Hello Friends I'm installing an Audigy Sound Blaster Sound Card in my 3620. I have a blue PCi slot and a black PCi slot (on the bottom). Its currently in the bottom Black slot and working fine ... Which slot should I have installed it in? Thank You

Question

T7820 SAS or NOT

I purchased a T7820 and wanted to upgrade to larger drives. I do a lot of simulation work, so a fast drive is required.  Because of the need for a larger drive, I purchased some SAS 12gb/s drives since the documentation says that it will support such a thing.  I popped in the first drive

Question

T3600- 8HPGT PCIe3x16 specs

I'd like to install a PCIe to M2 adapter in my T3600. There are two x16 ports on the 8HPGT, but I would have to install the adapter in the top slot to keep from totally blocking my GPU fan. I can't find information on whether or not the second x16 is still connected directly to the CPU or if it run

Question

Y cable to add second SSD on Dell Precision T1700 SFF

Hello, I've an dell precision T1700 SFF desktop and I would like to add an second SSD, but it seems the mother board did have only one 6 PIN (2x3) power connector which is already connected by power cable with serial (DP/N 07GyGG), this cable has 15 pin connector, connected by SSD.I was looking for

Question

Remove 'Hard Drive not Found.' warning message and continue booting

I was having fan issues and loaded the defaults for the bios. Now, when it boots it stops at this message: "Alert! Hard Drive not found. To Continue press F1 Key"  etc etc etc I am booting into Unraid from an internal USB drive.  Once I press F1 it continues fine and boots into the USB

Question

T7610 - What is the PCI 2.3x slot good for?

Not sure why dell included this at all. Seems like a waste of a PCI slot.  Here is the specs: SLOT5 - PCI 2.3 (32 bit, 33 MHz), 133 MB/s Any ideas about what I can use it for?  Thanks!

Question

Does anyone know what this picture is of?

It's described as a T7920 HDD Interposer with a part number of 1HH93 I thought it might be a dual high speed NVME card (the quad is much larger), while the connector nearest the camera looks to be PCIe, the one at the top makes no sense as that doesn't appear on the dual cards I've seen pictures of

Question

Official Solution

dell precision t1700 workstation

I have a Dell Precision T1700 Workstation. The problem is that every time i try to reboot or restart the Computer the display stays Black. So in order to get it work again i need to replace or add a Memory Module. If I do so the computer does start with the message " Memory has changed" and then it

Question

Does 7920 "Tower" supports PCIe Bifurcation?

Does 7920 "Tower" supports PCIe Bifurcation?I'd like to use a PCIe card which supports multiple M.2 SSDs (more specifically, "Hyper M.2 x16 Gen 4" from another brand).I searched on the manuals, and as it turned out, 7920 Rack does support PCIe Bifurcation but I couldn't find any description on the 7

Question

T3610 BIOS upgrade: Can you skip a bunch or do they all have to be installed sequentially?

I have a T3610 Precision Workstation running Win 7 Pro that I bought new in 2014 and I have never updated the BIOS. It is at revision A03.  The latest revision from the Dell Support page is A019.  Can I update directly from A03 to A019? The reason why I ask is that I read somewhere that

Question

Looking for correct PCU 460W for my Dell Precision 3630

Hi I want to upgrate my 300W PSU to 460W on my Dell Precision 3630 to be able to use extra GPU. I have found two options, first the recommended one D460EGM-00 and second similar one for XPS - AC460AD-00. The difference is bethween : +12.0VC - 16.0A vs 8.0A       &nb

Question

IS THIS POSSIBLE FOR Dell Precision T3420 sff INSTALL GTX1650

I had tried to install Yeston GTX1650-4G(TDP is about 75w) on the pcie 16x slot of  my Precision T3420 sff. then  the HDMI shows no signal. Instead of the pcie 4x slot the HDMI have the right signal. ...... is that a right installation? I wonder to know, what happens about the

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!