Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
V

Community Accepted Solution

Closed

Adding an HDD and memory to a Precision compact workstation

Can an HDD be added to a Precision compact workstation? And if it has only 8GB memory, does it have enough memory slots for additional 24 GB memory?

Question

Closed

Precision 3660 upgrade

Hi guys, after buying it the company that has to manage it from outside tells us that the computer must have: - A second network card- The raid card- Second SSD disk for the raid. can you tell me the compatible parts for this computer? i have been waiting for a reply from DELL sales since Tuesday

Question

Closed

Dell Precision 3630 desktop: Different slots or connectors for 2.5 in HDD vs 2.5 in SSD

I want to change my 2.5in HDD for a 2.5in SSD. I know that the Precision 3630 desktop will accept both 2.5in SATA HDDs and 2.5in SATA SSDs.  Are there different slots for HDDs vs SDDs?  Are the SATA connectors the same for HDDs and SSDs?  It wasn't clear in the manual.

Question

Closed

Precision 5720 AIO, LCD leaking sticky fluid

The LCD on my Precision 5720 AIO has started to leak sticky fluid. And now I see that this is a very common issue with Dell computers, especially AIOs and XPSs. My monitor started out with what appeared to be lines at the top of the monitor, and they gradually got bigger and started working their wa

Question

Closed

T7910 memory failure

Hello There, I recently bought a barebones T7910 which I'm building back up to workstation glory on the cheap. When trying to boot, it refuses to post. Power button blinks orange and is identified as (2,7) memory failure according to this diagnostics reference document. I currently have 4 sticks

Question

Closed

Precision T3500 no internet after rat chewed cable. New cables don't work.

My Precision T3500 connects to internet with Ethernet cable.  It was working fine for years, then a rat chewed up the cable. I have tried two new different cables, restarted everything following the Dell troubleshooter. Still get "ethernet cable not connected" error.  Router is

Question

Closed

Dell Precision Tower 5820 XL GPU Upgrade to RTX 3080

Hello, Currently my Dell Precision T5820 has Quadro P4000 with 950W power supply,  I would like to upgrade it to RTX 3080. I'm confused that in T5820 features it says max 300watt per card in total of 600watt per pci slot. Does it mean my pci slot is not providing enough for RTX 3080? Becau

Question

No bass sounds

Hello, After upgrading my T5810 from WIN7pro to WIN10pro the line output #10 connector of realtek sound (back tower location) does not produce low frequency sounds, but nevertheless, if I use the Headphone connector #10 (front tower location) the sound is fine. According to the Support Assist insta

Question

Precision 3630 doesn't have microphone?

I am trying to do screen recording. But the software tells me there is no microphone. Is this true? if yes, how to add a microphone?

Question

Riddle me this HDMI

T5600, when I connect directly to the Monitor (Sanyo 32 inch TV) the Video and sound work fine. Running it through the amplifier (Used for switching and sound reproduction) the video is fine, but I lose sound. The 5600 identifies the amplifier, a TX-SR909, inside of the OS (W10). The OS "sound meter

Question

3450 after this weeks Dell SA update shows error

System restart was performed when requested, and appeared to restart fine. However subsequently trying to run Dell Command Update, the splash screen appears, then disappears, without checking for updates or showing another screen. Support Assist will start and appears fine, until checking for updat

Question

Precision Tower 3620 doesn't power on.

So currently I am troubleshooting workstation Precision Tower 3620 and it won't power on AT ALL. First we thought that PSU is the reason of all of that so we've installed a new one PSU but it didn't power on with another PSU anyways. When I press that test button on the back of the PSU LED blinks an

Question

Many duplicate boot devices

We see some strange behavior on the precision 3660 model. On each reboot, a duplicate boot device is created and added to the boot device list. After a certain amount of reboots, the boot device list is so long that we don't even see the pxe boot option anymore (even when scrolling all the way down)

Question

Precision T7910 compatible newer gen GPU matrix

Hello, does anyone have a list of compatible modern GPU cards for a T7910 model? We are looking at a newer gen GPU card Ada Generation generation that is PCI Express 4.0 x16 and about 300W power consumption. Can someone confirm if that would work with this motherboard and with this PSU.  

Question

Installing Windows XP on T3400

I am trying to install Windows XP on a T3400. I have read about the SATA ACHI driver issue in many places & tried slip streaming the drivers but nothing works. I end up with a BSOD. The drivers I tried are from the T3400 support page, and specifically (1) Intel_Rapid-Storage-Technology_A04_R2

Question

Dell Precision T3500

Hi there, my computer won’t turn on. The amber light is on, on the motherboard and whenever I press the power button, it blinks along with the 1 and 3. Sometimes it does turn on and I can use it for hours and then I turn it off and go to use it an hour or a day later and it does this blinking thing.

Question

Precision T3610 incredibly slow in windows 10 even on fresh install + instability

Hi, I have this Precision T3610 I use as a server. It was working fine just fine with a VM but a few days ago my windows performance was incredibly slow with nothing running (no background tasks, fresh boot, all startup disabled) and the VM also ran incredibly slowly. sometimes the screen would go b

Question

Is this the right PSU for my Dell 7810

I'm using a dell precision 7810 and it comes with a 685w PSU, looking to upgrade to 825w Is this correct OEM Dell Precision 825W Switching Power Supply PSU H825EF-02 0FT7T6 FT7T6

Question

T3500 Ram update

Good afternoon. I would like to expand the machine's memory set. currently there is 16GB ram in the machine. My goal would be 24Gb ram.3 Kingston 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz KTL-TC316/4G2 pcs SK hynix 2GB DDR3 1600MHz HMT325U6EFR8C-PBN0 I would like to replace 2 SK hynix Rams and add 1 extra ramRight now I c

Question

DELL PRECISION T5600 WORKSTATION Can I install a Thunderbolt card?

DELL PRECISION T5600 WORKSTATIONCan I install a Thunderbolt card? I want to connect a Mac monitor to my DELL PRECISION T5600 WORKSTATION.I think you need to install a Thunderbolt card to use it.Is there any way? 7HMP DELL Thunderbolt-2 PCIE Can I buy this model?

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!