Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
P

Community Accepted Solution

Closed

T7910 Windows Restore - Invalid Key Error?

I'm trying to restore a Dell 7910 back to factory after a hard disk failure and installed replacement. I'm following the process laid out here..... https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-uk/000125230/how-to-create-and-use-the-dell-recovery-restore-usb-drive The Tag number for the machine is valid

Question

Closed

Dell SFP28 SR Optic (407-BCHI ) - FEC Algorithm

Hi, We have some R660 servers with sfp28 nics and will use the the Dell SFP28 SR Optic (407-BCHI ) as fibre modules but we are uplinking these to some cisco nexus switches and my understanding is that we shouldn't have any issues as long as the FEC algorithms are the same on either end. I am strugg

Question

Closed

7920 Tower NVMe SSD not seen in Windows installation media

I wonder how 7920 towers support booting Windows from an NVMe SSD? I have an NVMe SSD in a PCIe slot through a third-party adapter. I have the BIOS updated to the most recent version.  The SSD shows up in BIOS just fine.  Ubuntu boots fine.  But the Windows 10 installation USB drive

Question

Closed

Add NVME M.2 Drive to Precision 3640 Workstation

What parts do I need to add an NVME M.2 Drive to a precision 3640 Workstation? It has only a SSD originally. Do I need heat sink, bracket(s) etc? Could not tell from User Manual. Thanks!

Question

Closed

Formatting 3620

Hi GangI have a genuine Dell Disk (Full Install Version) W10 Pro ...I forgot the 'rule of thumb' regarding successful format using a Dell Disk (Full Install Version)? Is it necessary the 3620 case needs to have the 'Dell Label' affixed to the case in order for the system & drive be able to recognize

Question

Closed

SAS Drives on T7600 (No RAID)

HI, I'm experiencing a strange issue with my T7600. I'm using SAS drives (6Gbps). During Win 10 x64, the 7600 doesn't detect the Raid controller, so I load drivers from my USB and the installation starts fine. I install drivers, programs.... all is working. I even restart the machine when asked,

Question

Closed

Precision 5820 Fixed Workstation Drive Carrier Status Lights Not Functioning

I purchased a used Precision 5820 workstation with an Intel Xeon processor that didn't have an operating system. I installed two SSDs and one HDD into three of the four drive carriers located on the front of the computer, and installed Windows 11 Pro on one of the SSDs. I also installed, what I beli

Question

Closed

Add On-Board HDMI to 3600 Series?

Is it possible to add onboard HDMI to the back panel of a Precision 3600 series (e.g., 3650) that only comes with displayports originally? I see that this could be done with certain other models using this part: https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-additional-hdmi-video-port-for-3060-5060-7060-micro

Question

Closed

Bought a used T7810 and it won't power on - please help!

I picked up a used T7810 at a local auction for $100. It came with two E5-2630 V3, NO memory and 825W power supply. I bought this box to build a high-core/high-memory lab server cheap to tinker with. I also eBayed a pair of E5-2683 V4 and also a pair of 32GB RDIMM ECC modules, so I was hoping I'd be

Question

Closed

Disable onboard graphics which were installed by Dell??

Precision tower with 2 display adaptors - Intel and Nvidia. That's how it came from Dell. When Nvidia was launched the other day to check for updates a Nvidia error 0x0003 popped up. Sent email to Nvidia and also searched for an solution. Ended up going to services.msc and enabled a few things that

Question

Closed

Windows 7 on Precision 3630

Hello, We have a Dell Precision 3630 tower that shipped with windows 10. We are trying to install windows 7 on it due to special applications that require windows 7. We have tried doing so with a bootable USB but found out later that the Precision 3630's BIOS does not support windows 7. Is there an

Question

Closed

Precision 3460 SFF nVME slow transfer rates

I have a 3460 SFF that I added 2 additional nVME SSD drives to the open m2 2280 slots. One of the drives is new WD 850x.  All the reviews/testing of this drive show that is should easily hit 6-7K MB/s but I'm seeing around 1800 MB/s.  in CrystalDiskMark.  I contacted Dell support bu

Question

Closed

T7910 Changed from legacy to UEFI selection in BIOS and computer will not boot, no display

I entered F2 into BIOS settings. Changed Legacy to UEFI and Legacy disable and secure boot. Restarted and no display. Power switch steady white. Green blinking LSI.   Some disk activity light.   Keyboard and mouse light up. Power supply test green.  Reset BIOS with jumper

Question

Closed

Windows Update wants to install Dell, Inc. Firmware 61.91.25.23 on my Precision 3660

My Precision 3660 tower's Windows 10 Update is showing I need to restart for an update identified as: "Dell, Inc. - Firmware - 61.91.25.23" I can't find anything anywhere that would identify what this is. There is no driver/update I can find at Dell support that is identified with 61.91.25.23. W

Question

Closed

Memory issues

Hi, I have an old 2009 Precision T5500 that I haven't used for a while but when turning on would either crash after a while or report diagnostic codes 3 and 4 (Memory subsystem configuration activity or failure). I swapped the existing memory in and out with no luck.  So I brought 4 new Dimms,

Question

Closed

Precision 3640 Tower - Video Card

Precision 3640 Tower, Windows 10 Pro, 2xSSD AMD Radeon, 4Gb, 3xDP, 1xHDMI Purchase date: April 2021 The client is using software that displays via 3 projectors.   The HDMI is used for a desktop monitor. We cannot find the reason for the crashes.  The card gets hot according t

Question

Closed

Changing out motherboards in a 7920

My system board in my Dell 7920 tower has failed and I'm trying to locate a replacement. My board is p/n 0828PX1 and all I can seem to find online are p/n 060K5C and p/n 0VMRC boards.  The specs appear to be the same and I was wondering if they would be interchangeable? I've scoured the Dell

Question

Closed

Precision 3660 adding Sata Drives

I am anxiously awaiting my new 3660.  I ordered it without Sata Drives, just the 2 SSD drives as I have three storage Sata drives from my old box I plan to use for storage.  My old box was home built and definitely legacy built on a LGA1155 Motherboard package and technology has changed so

Question

Closed

T5600 Bios Update...A04 to A19

Hi, everyone. I hope I am posting in the correct place. I bought a 2xT5600 a couple of years ago. The one I am asking the following question for is currently on bios version A04. I know, I have been very lazy. But the time as come to upgrade the 2 CPUs in it, and upgrade to a SSD. I also have issue

Question

Closed

Dell Precision 5820 - Memory distributions...

Hello... I have a Dell Precision 5820 with 3 x 8GB PC4 2666 RAM, 1 x 16GB PC4 2666 RAM and 1 x 32GB PC4 2666 RAM. What would be the correct layout as the PC is now beeping and not booting. All I did was remove the memory for maintenance and I don't remember the layout? Any ideas?

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!