Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Community Accepted Solution

Closed

Precision 3460 - Intel AMT/vPro not responding

As one of the first tasks after powering on this new Precision 3460 I used the MEBx interface to configure Intel AMT/vPro. After configuring and enabling the network settings, I was able to connect to the vPro interface via web browser at the IP address I configured, for example http://192.168.1.2:1

Question

Closed

Precision 690 upgrade to SSD won't boot - Help Please

I have a Precision 690, made around 2007 that I want to upgrade the smaller HDD to a 2 TB SSD. I cloned the old drive just fine and it shows up as the E drive now, I can access it with no problems.  I changed the boot order in the BIOS so that it would boot from the SSD.  Upon restart the

Question

Closed

Precision 3460 Bitlocker Problems after BIOS Update

Hello, after doing my most recent updates from Dell Command Update that included a BIOS upgrade, my Bitlocker, which was suspended for the upgrade, no longer works. When trying to activate it again after the BIOS update, I got the "Starting Bitlocker, The BIOS did not correctly communicate with the

Question

Closed

looking for dust filter precision 3630 tower

All i find in documentation is description and how to install. No part listing.  anyone have a part number or a source? thanks for your help

Question

Closed

T5610 - no video until windows boots

NB: I have seen other threads with similar issues, but no solution for me yet. Dell 5610. Dual E5-2697V2. 128 GB 1866 RAM. SSD running windows 11. These systems don't have on-board graphics, so I put a little passive GPU in there. Essentially I power on the system and the monitor gets no signal

Question

Closed

Precision 3660 RAID 0

I have a new Precision 3660 Tower, this came with an i9-13900K and a basic 256gb SSD I've installed installed an RTX A6000 and 2x Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 8TB m.2 drives, using the Intel Storage Management app I'm using both 8TB drives in a RAID 0, I'm only getting read/write speeds which are just hig

Question

Closed

T7910 memory configuration

I've just picked up a t 7910 that was running with 32GB. Single CPU, nothing fancy but something to replace my old, slower system with. I do a lot of spreadsheet work and that old 8GB system wasn't cutting it. The Dell came with 32GB memory installed and I purchased another 32 to add to it. My issue

Question

Closed

Precision 3660 XE 2.5" Adapter for 3.5" Front Accessible Tray

My Precision 3660 XE has a front-accessible 3.5" HDD. The tray looks like it will taka a 2.5" adapter. What is the Dell part number for the 2.5" adapter? Thanks!

Question

Official Solution

Closed

Precision 3650 Tower, Headphones NOT detected, Sound distortion on Right channel

Hi.From day one, my 3650 tower had occasionally little distortion on the right channel and never detects the insertion of headphones plug.I fiddle with the driver and somehow it worked, sound was crystal clear and headphones working just fine. UNTIL restart...Again the same and do not know how to co

Question

Closed

Dell precision T3500 gaming upgrades

Hello! I was recently gifted a Dell precision T3500 gifted to me by a friend, I want to earn money over the summer to improve it, I want to make it a mid/ lower range gaming pc. I first of all want to get a used GTX 1650 4gb as the graphics card for the system, it should work out based on the power

Question

Closed

Dell T7810 slot on top of PSU

Has anyone wondered and found what are those metal notches/ears on top of the GPU, because they look like some 2.5 caddy guides

Question

Closed

Precision T3620, memory DDR4-2133 vs 2400 or 3200?

I'm thinking of buying a Precision T36200 that does not have ram. I was really surprised at the price on eBay for 2133 ram for this system? I would think I could use other NECC ram like DDR4-2400 or 3200 that would run at 2133. Has anyone had experience with this and how did it work for you? John

Question

Closed

Dell Precision 3660 hard drive light blinks continuously

I have a new Dell Precision 3660, and the HDD light on the front blinks constantly.This is the 2nd one with the same behavior. Dell support does not have an answer.  Even after booting it out of the box, and doing nothing, it will blink constantly.  It has a 2TB NVme drive.  I know t

Question

Closed

3rd Party PSU for Precision Tower 3620

Does anyone have experience with installing a 3rd party PSU on these machines? I have a video card that requires a more powerful PSU than the stock 365w PSU that is in it right now. I bought an adapter but i get orange flashing lights on the power button. I did not wait long enough to see the code g

Question

Closed

T5810 Power supply wattage

Can anyone indentify the wattage from this label? Thanks

Question

Closed

Dell Precision Workstation T7910 CPU and BIOS Upgrade

I currently have a T7910 running bios version A01 with two E5-2620 V3 processors. I just ordered two E5-2690 V4 chips, and I understand I need to upgrade the bios to A34 from other threads.  I'm seeing a confusing (to me) note about bios upgrades from the Dell support page for this computer:&n

Question

Closed

Dell 5820 Windows 11 Clean Install

Hi All, Please could someone help walk me through a clean install of Windows 11 from a Windows USB drive flashed with the the Windows Media Creation tool. Setup:Dell 5820TM.2 NVME Flex BayBIOS 2.27.0So I have read in a number of forums that you need to enable AHCI in the BIOS and then load specifi

Question

Closed

DELL PRECISION T7600 does not recognize Hard Disks or RAIDs while Windows 10 Installation

Hi, Hello I have a DELL Precision T7600 workstation (Intel chipset C600) where the PERC-H310 RAID/SAS controller broke. Since I have BIOS A17 installed, I was able to connect the SAS cable directly to the motherboard which also has two SAS slots. In BIOS I have "Legacy Boot" enabled, "AHCI" is al

Question

Closed

Precision T5500. Wrong HDD size in Win10

My current build - T5500, win10 64 pro, 48GB RAM, does not recognize correctly my HGST 8TB HDDs formatted to NTFS GPT. While it shows the correct size in BIOS and in Intel Rapid utility during startup, it sees only 1.3TB by Win10.  My almost identical previous build - T3500, Win10 64 pro 20GB

Question

Closed

Dell Precision T3620 CPU and PSU upgrade Questions

I am currently running a Dell T3620 with a i5-6500, Standard Dell PSU 290 watts, GPU GeForce RTX 2060 S and 32 gig of Ram. I use this for X-plane 12 flight simulator. Every now and then the frame will freeze and x-plane will crash.  Especially on long flights. I checked and the GPU I have re

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!