Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
T

Community Accepted Solution

CPU Upgrade T5810

Hi, I have E5-1620 V4 on my T5810. Can I upgrade the CPU to E5-1660 V4 ( or E5-2687W V4)? Which one is supported?

Question

BIOS 1.21.1 update fail

I am getting a popup from Bitdefender when this tries to install.Unfortunately a second message replaces the first before I can copy it, and do not find it in Bidtdefender notifications. It looks like it is naming a specific file as "potentially unwanted application". The filename is appears to be m

Question

M.2 SATA NVMe onboard vs M.2 SATA NVMe on PCie card

Hello, Is there a difference in performance if one were to use the same M.2 SATA NVMe drive on board vs using a PCIe expansion card? I imagine there would be but not sure how significant it would be. I was wondering because i got a new drive and want to set it up on my PC and use it for gaming. I a

Question

Precision 3450 : what happened to BIOS 1.20.1 ?

So, on Nov 11th I downloaded the latest Precision 3450 BIOS because Dell Command Update told me there was version 1.20.1 (marked Critical), and I'm on 1.19.0 As a healthy precaution I never install it right away, but wait a month or so. Today I went to check for the latest Dell Command updates, and

Question

Precision 5820, replacing HD, where is Windows 10 license then?

I have some Precision 5820 Towers which have spinning disks and are incredibly slow despite being previously upgraded to 32GB RAM. These were here before I arrived, if these came with paper licenses, Windows 10 DVD discs, I have not yet located them.  They each have a SATA 1TB spinner in a fro

Question

T5600 CPU upgrade

Hello there! I was thinking of upgrading the processor in my workstation to an E5-2667 V2, but in the owner's manual the data cache is specified up to 20mb, and the processor has a 25mb cache. Will there be any problem with this small difference?

Question

Solution for bluetooth on DELL T5400

Hi there,I bought WiFi card with BT 5.2 integrated on the card. The installation shows that the card should be put in PCIe port (done and works OK) and the Bluetooth should be connected with a cable to the USB port on the MB, but ..... I can't find any on my Dell T5400 here is the card with the inst

Question

Installation Windows 11 Pro for Worstations T5820

Good morning, my system is a Precision T5820 with Windows Pro for Workstation, Xeon W2145, 64gb RAM, 3 NVME drives and several ssd and hdd drives. My doubt is the following, I want to do a clean install of Windows 11 pro, but I want to be sure if it will work without problems if I do not use the ver

Question

Precision 3660 got 500W having issues new bigger BUT HOW?

I think at this point both me, my tech friend and the dell support team members working on my service issue have boiled it down to not enough power? Right now the machine has a 500W PSU in it. And I have these in my system and periphreals plugged in, 1 NViDiA RTX 2080 SUPER GPU, 7 Hdd's some being n

Question

Precision 3620 no video

Since I messed with BIOS in my Precision 3620 (service tag removed), video is gone. (So I can't even access the BIOS anymore.) This PC has an NVIDIA Quadro M2000 graphics card, but neither that card nor the onboard HDMI or DP ports work. I have tried to reset BIOS as described in post ‎Precision 362

Question

Can someone running Linux on Precision 3660 Tower list IOMMU groups?

As in the subject, can someone running Linux on Precision 3660 Tower list the IOMMU groups on this system? Ideally together with the firmware (BIOS) version? This is important to know to estimate this system's potential for running hypervisors, such as Proxmox or Hyper-V and the ability to pass thro

Question

Dell Precision 5860 doesn't pxe boot

I have a new Dell Precision 5860 Tower that doesn't pxe boot, I'm trying to do a network image and it doesn't connect to the MDT server via pxe boot. Is there any settings that I need to look into in BIOS ? This works well for other dell models like Precision5820, Optiplex 5060, 5070 and 7080.

Question

T5810 upgrade plan

I have a T5810 with an E5-1620 CPU v3 BIOS: A34, 16G RAM, and boot from Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250G. I am thinking about the following upgrade plan: 1. Add Pcie adaptor, install 1 or 2 T NVME SSD, and use it as the boot drive. 2. Add another 16 G or 32 G RAM.  Do you guys think it is worth to u

Question

Precision 7920 Tower Operating System (Boot) Drive

Hello! I never used Precision Desktop. Can someone please explain what is the purpose of Operating System (Boot) Drive? Why do we use it? Is it mandatory to boot from these or we can boot OS from an internal drive that is connected directly to the motherboard? What are these options? And how many

Question

Dell Precision T3620 case vibrating + PSU upgrade options?

I have a Dell Precision T3620 with an Intel i7-7700K CPU and a stock Dell 290W PSU. Ever since I got it, there have been times when the case vibrates, resulting in a vibrational buzzing sound. It was intermittent, and I could usually fix it by pushing on various parts of the case until it stopped o

Question

Upgrade from Software Raid to T420 server with H710

Hi i cuurently have a T7500 workstation configured as a NAS server running Open Media Vault with "snapraid" software raid with six disks, 3tb each, raid 6 which nets =/- 12 tb storage, using an LSI 9211 as HBA interface. Never had an issue. I am upgrading hardware to the T420 server offering eight

Question

Three beeps with previously good ram after new battery???

So, I was away and left a Precision 5820 unplugged for 10 months. When I plugged it in and started it I got orange/white blink codes that some report as a bad motherboard battery (two white, 4 orange blinks I think, can't remember exactly?). I replaced the 2032 battery and then got the dreaded 3 bee

Question

Will this addtional HDMI port work on Precision 3460 SFF?

I need to purchase an additional HDMI port for my Precision 3460 SFF, but I can only find this one from the Dell Shop. https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-additional-hdmi-video-port-for-3060-5060-7060-micro/apd/325-bddz/pc-accessories Or this one for Optiplex series https://www.amazon.com/Daughter

Question

Best heatsink upgrade for Dell Precision T3620 with Intel i7-7700K CPU?

I bought a refurbished Dell Precision T3620 with an Intel i7-7700K CPU. It came with a generic heatsink. Here's a picture of the interior of my computer (it was running when I took this picture, so the fan blades aren't very visible): Apparently, this is not the ideal heatsink for a Precision 3

Question

Unable to Manually Download lateest SupportAssist.

I've just been autoupdated to SA v 3.14.2.45116 which went OK. However, it is my practicen to manually download the the latest version from http://www.dell.com/support/contents/uk/en/ukdhs1/article/product-support/self-support-knowledgebase/software-and-downloads/supportassist which is no longer a

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!