Search Results (679)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Community Accepted Solution

mouse wheel click issues

I recently purchased the dell premier multi device wireless keyboard and mouse - KM7321W.   It was working fine for a while, and everything still works fine except for the wheel side clicks.  I updated my windows 10 software and it quit working.  I've googled and tried to death - can

Question

Dell Percision 5820 tower can not start

I bought my dell tower with the top build parts last year(2021). Today, it suddenly can not start as usual.   I followed the online technical service to reset the power by unplugging the power and pressing the power button for the 20s.   It works the first time, then I keep working

Question

3620 - 8tb disk size support - bios does not recognise 8tb disks.

Hi, I got hold of the 3620 as a replacement to the microserver and am in progress of moving my data. So far all works better than expected (like power consumption - 25W-ish, wow!) except the 3620 failing to see any of my 8tb disks. I can see 2tb using same data/power cables no problem, but none of

Question

Systems compatible Windows 10 22H2

I'm not finding any info about which Dell systems are compatible with Win 10 22H2. Also, I'm no longer able to find the list of Dell systems that support earlier versions of Windows 10. What gives? Thanks. P.S. The Community Web site is most weird. In Brave, the sign-in doesn't work. In Firefo

Question

T7810 Memory Config - 160GB?

Hi, I have a T7810 configured with dual CPUs and 128GB - 4x32GB sticks. It uses the D128a config in the table below and it works fine.   I have 4 x 8GB sticks that I removed from this machine when I installed the 32GB RAM sticks.  Here's the question - can I install the 4 8GB sticks

Question

SFF 3440 upgrade the SSD

Hello I have a SFF 2440 with a 500GB SSD that is both the operating system and general storage. I would like to upgrade the 500GB SSD to a 2TB SSD  Is there an instruction available to perform the upgrade without losing installed applications Thanks Mark

Question

Community Support question removed?

I posted a question on the Precision Fixed Workstation board location on November 1, 2022. That question seems to have disappeared from sight. Does anyone at Dell Corporation have any idea why a general question would be removed? I do recall while I was typing the question the "I'm not a robot" thin

Question

Dell Precision T7910 support for PCI video cards

I’m trying to use a PCI (not PCI Express) video card in slot 5 to drive a display/monitor. The reason I want to go with an older PCI video card in slot 5 (the only PCI slot) is that I want to free up all the PCIe slots for additional cards such as GPUs for machine learning. I installed a Visi

Question

Current Dell models supporting bifurcation?

I'm looking to upgrade from my XPS 8930 to a model (consumer or workstation) that supports my increasing storage needs with multiple Nmve M.2 storage 2280 form factor -- either at least M.2 slots, or using bifurcation via PCiE slot. I'd prefer to stick with Intel, such as an i9.  I'm thinking

Question

Head phone jack not working

Hi, I am having problem with the headphone jack on my Precision 5820 Tower. During a zoom meeting, I can listen on my 2 piece in-ear earbuds headphone, when other people are speaking. Unfortunately, the other parties cannot hear me when I am speaking into the in-built mic. Any help would be appr

Question

Tesla T4 in Precision T7600?

hi, I have tried using a Tesla T4 in a Precision T7600 but have run into some sporadic issues, the worst is a hung boot with the card getting extremely hot. Is the Tesla T4 compatible with the T7600? I haven't been able to find T7600 in any compatibility lists.

Question

Precision T3500 : Upgrade my processor to x5690 is that possible

hi guysi would like to ask about upgrading my t3500 dell cpu my desktop model:Precision T3500i checked on dell website and their pdf manual about my pchttps://dl.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_dell_precision_workstation/precision-t3500_setup%20guide_en-us.pdf Type Intel® Xeon®

Question

F2 & F12 to access BIOS not working on Dell Precision T3620

This has only occurred since BIOS update on 20 October 2023. Can anyone help?

Question

F2 & F12 not working to enter BIOS on Vostro Desktop 3710

This has only occurred since BIOS update on 20 October 2023. Can anyone help?

Question

Precision 7810 2.5 SAS drives cage - PN?

Hi, Please I have a T7810 with 2x3.5 SATA drives. I want to upgrade to SAS drives, and I read in the tech sheet that it supports up to 4x2.5" drives. But it seems that I need a cage for that. Unfortunately, I searched for hours for the PN, but I didn't find (I find just the T7910 parts: &nbs

Question

Official Solution

iS THIS FORUM FOR hardware SUPPORT or SALES support?

I've noticed ANY time someone asks a question here, the official Dell response is "I've IM'ed you for some saes number you won't have because you bought your machine used." I'm reporting these comments as inappropropriate. If this is HARDWARE support forum, t makes NO difference who Dell sold it t

Question

T7910 - bad dimm socket

Hi all, I have a T7910 in mint condition with the exclusion of the DIMM2_CPU2 socket which is damaged. The dimm population order effectively cripples this machine. If I want full speed memory I can at most only use four dimms. Is there any solution to this problem other than full mobo replacement?

Question

DELL 7820 m.2 nvme pcie GEN4 in flexbay possible?

Is it possible to run a m.2 SamSung 980 PRO 4.0 SSD Nvme in the flexbay and get GEN4 speeds? It looks like the m.2 SAS module is only GEN3. If there is a GEN 4 version can someone point me to it. Thanks

Question

NVMe Slot Specs for Precision 3460 SFF

I have just ordered a Precision 3460 SFF with the 256 NVMe Class 35 SSD in the 2230 slot. I would like to find out whether or not this 2230 slot supports a Gen 4 NVMe or not. I know that the two 2280 slots in this machine support Gen 4 NVMes, but I cannot find any info about the 2230 slot. Anybody

Question

Precision 3660 Power Supply

I have a Dell Precision 3660 with a 300W PSU, I want to install a GTX1660 GFX into it but it requires a minimum 450W PSU. I know that there are 500/750/1000 W options for that range of workstations but no one seems to sell them. Has anyone had this issue and managed to purchase a 3rd party PSU that

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!