Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Community Accepted Solution

Closed

XPS 8960, Thunderbolt 4 upgrade

I just got my 8960 last month, and am thinking of upgrading to Thunderbolt 4.  My original plan was to wait until new systems offered Thunderbolt, but my HP Envy bit the dust. My starting research said the RTX 3060 video card blocked both PCIe x4 slots.  I removed the left side panel today, and the

Question

Closed

XPS 8940, ram upgrade 4x8GB?

Hi, I my pc has 2 x 8 GB RAM installed with the other two slots empty. I was thinking about adding 2 more identical make 8GB modules in the other two slots. Will that work? I have seen posts that imply that 4x8GB config is not good.

Question

Closed

XPS 8940, screen black after overnight sleep, #2

It's July 2023 and I still have this issue that's been reported here and on several other threads. Every so often, it just won't wake up in response to mouse movement, keypress, or respond to the power button either. The ONLY solution is a hard reboot. And sometimes that doesn't even work and I have

Question

Closed

XPS 8950, loud fan noise, large RAM usage, no audio

HI everyone,  I got this desktop back in November and I've got a few problems that I'll just mention below. Firstly, there isn't any audio coming from the speakers at all. I didn't even know that there was supposed to be audio and so I just left it. I've tried running some tests on windows 11 which

Question

Closed

XPS 8940, Intel i1650i Bluetooth appears NOT to be working, was before?

I was trying to use Intel's Unison to connect my iPhone to my XPS... it started, filled the screen and started to load my phone and exited. Repeated it and it did it again? I tried a few times using the QR code to link the XPS and Phone via the program, and the CORRECT letters show. However both the

Question

Closed

XPS, preliminary information, I ask the experts for help

Good morning everyone, I write from Italy via Google translate, sorry for the mistakes...I also wrote in the Alienware section because I've come to a crossroads for my next purchase: Alienware R15 or XPS.I read some reviews on the internet, but then on the Dell website I find different info.Some exa

Question

Official Solution

Closed

XPS 8940, indicator with start up problems

Dear Forum users, Unfortunately I don't know the history beforehand, nor what exactly I did, but I notice that my computer has a lot of problems starting up. The problem starts as soon as I turn on the computer. My indicator on the computer does not light up solid white, but flashes once, followed b

Question

Closed

XPS 8700, 32 GB RAM upgrade

Hello, everyone. I had Dell XPS 8700 for many years. Now I want to upgrade ram, the original ram is 12 GB (2+2+4+4, Samsung 2GB PC3-12800U-11-11-A1 1600MHZ, Non-ECC DDR3 memory, 1.5V). I want to upgrade to max 32 GB (2X16 GB), but not sure it will work? Dell XPS 8700 - Specifications, it looks like

Question

Closed

XPS 8930, 2TB 2000-0142 error

So my XPS 8930 (bought in July 2018) died, it would give 2 quick Amber LED burts on power button separated by a few seconds to another Amber LED and then repeat. Dell support says it's a motherboard failure and 8930 is too old for them to even sell me a replacement motherboard. So left with no choic

Question

Closed

Studio XPS 8100, BIOS service tag red box

Need tool to delete red box in Studio XPS 8100 BIOS service tag field. Currently there is a solid red rectangle filling the service tag field. I prefer to have it blank instead of solid red box. Not sure how it got there in the first place?

Question

Closed

XPS 8940, compatible with Intel Arc A750 LE?

Can I put an Intel Arc A750 Limited Edition graphics card in my XPS 8940?

Question

Closed

XPS 8960, black screen

Hi, I recently bought the new dell XPS desktop (8960), and since purchasing I've had an issue with a black screen. The PC starts up with the dell logo, and then after the logo it stops sending signals to the monitor.I've had support work on me with this, it was first perceived to be a problem with t

Question

Closed

Returning the original SSD or a replacement SSD

Today I am getting a new xps 8950 computer which will replace my xps 8940 broken computer. I do not want to return the 9040 with the original SSD that has personal info on it. So I thought that I could just return it with a new onboard SSD that I have just purchased. I am wondering if this would s

Question

Closed

XPS 8950, installing one 16GB DIMM vs two x 8GB DIMMs

As the Subject says, I'm trying to decide if I should buy a desktop XPS 8950 (or 8960) with one 16GB DIMM or 2 x 8GB DIMMs. For now, 16GB of RAM is all I really need, but I want to leave myself with the flexibility to add RAM in the future. Here's what I'm thinking about: 1- (This may be outdated in

Question

Closed

XPS 8910, video card upgrade

I want to purchase a new graphics card for my XPS 8910 running Windows 10 Pro, 64GB RAM. Present card is Nvidia GeForce GT 730. Looking for a recommendation for a replacement card compatible with my computer.  Thank you.George B

Question

Closed

XPS 8940, SSD recover data from nonworking computer

My computer recently crashed and Dell support decided to send me a replacement computer instead of a repair tech. Unfortunately, I need to get the data off the onboard ssd card.  I viewed the method of removing the card but after that what is recommended to connect via usb to other computer to

Question

Closed

Bios Updates after Warranty Expiration

Someone on this forum said that one should not install bios updates after the warranty has expired. I would like to hear what opinions others have, pro and con.

Question

Closed

XPS 8950, PSU size based on configuration

I'm planning to buy one of the 2 following configurations but would like to know what PSU will be installed. In Canada there is no customer choice of PSU size. The Chassis Options all say "460W" and I'm thinking it should have a 750W PSU. Can someone shed some light on what Dell will build in for th

Question

Closed

XPS 8940, upgrade to Antec Neo Eco 600w PSU

Hello, My video card went out and I bought an RX  6700XT. The out of the box PSU with the XPS 8940 doesn't seem to have the power required to use this video card. I have an Antec Neo Eco 600w sitting around I thought I would use to replace the one in my XPS 8940.   I noticed however,

Question

Closed

XPS 8940, BIOS 2.12.0, printer ON causes restart rather shutdown

Hello,  1. A few days ago (05/18/2023) I installed BIOS Level  2.12.0  on my wife's XPS-8940. 2. Since then, when she does a shutdown from Windows 11, the computer shuts down momentarily, stays powered off for about 1 second, then restarts.  This problem did not occur before I installed the BIOS 2.1

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!