Search Results (1.8K)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
P

Community Accepted Solution

XPS 8940, can I upgrade my i9-11900 CPU?

I am currently rocking the i9-11900 and I was wondering if I could upgrade it to the i9-13th gen processor. What are the pros and cons?Is it possible?Thanks!!

Question

XPS 8960, new SATA Modes or just new names?

For my XPS 8960, the available SATA modes in BIOS are called 'RAID on' and 'AHCI/NVMe.'. Are these merely different names for RAID and AHCI, or are they actually different from RAID and AHCI?

Question

Official Solution

XPS 8940, freezing again after almost a year without freezing

Good day everyone, When I first purchased my 8940 it would freeze a lot. As new BIOS updates were released the problem went away. This is until BIOS 2.14. Since the upgrade my 8940 has frozen at least 3 times that I know of. I also have read that other owners of 8940's are experiencing the same iss

Question

XPS 8700, upgrading into a gaming computer

I have a XPS 8700 and it’s clearly very old. I have a 4th gen i5-4430 processor with 8gb of ram, no ssd, no gpu, the default 460 watt psu (AC 460AM-00), and no but idea what to do next. Unfortunately, my budget doesn’t allow me to spend a lot of money at once and so this is going to be

Question

XPS 8940, add new SSD, remove existing HDD, my step-by-step experience

Hi all. This past weekend, I replaced the factory-fitted Western Digital hard disk drive in my XPS 8940 I bought in early 2022, with a new Samsung solid-state drive. The result? A significant reduction in ambient noise, enhancing the quality of my podcast recordings. I'm a podcaster, and this was t

Question

XPS 8950, MSI VEGA 56 Air Boost, PSU

Have 8950 (12th gen Intel CPU). It came with 1 8 pin connector and 1 6 pin connector for GPU. Vega 56 requires 2 8 pin connectors. What are my options here to make it work?

Question

XPS 8930, problem updating to Bios 1.1.30

I have updated the Bios several times in the past using the trusted Flash Drive and F12 without issue. But this time trying to update to the latest I am having strange issues. File is saved on a 2B flash and inserted in the USB port. Fresh startup on computer. Dell Screen comes up and I dutifully hi

Question

XPS 8930, where and what is the c: drive?

I need to recycle (re: drop off at Goodwill) by wife's 3-1/2 year old 8930. SHM at that but moving on. I have removed the 1 TB Toshiba HDD but I see no other "drives". I restarted the PC and it came up showing a 220 GB c: drive with the OS. I did see 2 memory cards on the motherboard with 2 additio

Question

Official Solution

XPS 8940, BIOS 2.14.0

Any opinions on the new bios?

Question

XPS 8950, recurring boot issue

I bought an XPS 8950 just over a year ago (it's one month out of warranty). On Tuesday, it suddenly restarted and then wouldn't boot - blank screen for about 30 minutes, then the dell logo, for over an hour until it blue screened and switched off. This kept on happening - sometimes it wouldn't even

Question

XPS 8960, Waves vs. Realtek

<Reminder. Always add the system model to the thread title. This helps our users. We have done this for you. DELL-Admin> My new XPS 8960 has a Realtek audio driver and it also has Waves audio software. This confuses me because I know that Realtek also includes audio software with its driver, e

Question

XPS 8960, dual 2.5" SSD in 3.5" bay via caddy?

Anyone used the R494D caddy - snapping it 'inside' of the standard blue caddy to hold dual 2.5" SSD's? I've done this and want to make sure I've mounted them correctly.  The drives are offset so it's gonna be tricky to get power/data to one of the drives.  The connectors are not both at t

Question

XPS 8930, adding an additional SSD?

Hi, I've had my XPS 8930 for a while now and am running into space issues. I'd like to add an additional SSD. It came with an SSD and a HDD, both of which I'd like to keep if possible. Is it possible to attach an additional SSD? If so, how and do you have any recommendations (1TB would be fine)? In

Question

XPS 8960, 2nd monitor not working

I have an XPS 8960 with an RTX 3070 Ti graphics card and U2713 Monitor connected by Displayport, running Windows 11 Pro. All this works OK. I have a second monitor (Dell 2005FPW) connected by DVI/Displayport adapter cable to the RTX 3070 Ti. The monitor is recognized in the Nvidia control panel and

Question

XPS 8960, USB boot for offline backup

So, legacy boot is no more. Testing out an 8960 and trying to figure out how to backup the single boot drive via off-line media - i.e. Acronis.  I usually do this on new machines and twice/year on in-service machines.   My USB recovery media is configured for UEFI and boots fine.&nb

Question

XPS 8960, does it need updates or not?

On the left side of the picture below, which comes from the "Drivers and Downloads" page of my Dell online account, it seems that my XPS 8960 is missing critical updates.On the right side of the picture is the result of running the Dell Update app on my XPS 8960.Which one do I believe?

Question

XPS 8960, i7-13700: RAM Selection

With my 8930 being demoted in its old age and wear-n-tear, the wifey has given me a green light to bump up to the 8960 (i7-13700). Oh yeeaah.Question on RAM: Can the VJFWR i7-13700 processor utilize any speed above the DDR5 4800MT/s? -OR- Is there ANY benefit at all to having slightly faster RAM ab

Question

XPS 8960, K CPU can't be overclocked?

I actually wasn't planning to overclock the Core i7 13700K processor in my new 8960 - I don't think my PC has the thermal headroom. The reason I bought the 'K' processor was because, at the time I ordered, the only way to get Dell's 'advanced' (aka tower) air cooling was to get a 'K' processor. Nev

Question

XPS 8910, dead after GeForce GTX 1650 upgrade

I have an XPS 8910. I have upgraded the memory, monitor and hard-drives in the past. I decided to upgrade the video card, from the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 730 to an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650. I replaced the existing card with the new card, and when I tried turning the system back on nothing happened. &n

Question

XPS 8920/30/40/50 compatible top fans

My top 120mm fan occasionally exhibits a loud grinding noise that last for 5-10 minutes. Load doesn't seem to matter.  I've had good luck with Noctua fans in the past where I mounted them in the front of my XPS systems.   Anyone replace their top 120mm fan with a Noctua or other b

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!