Search Results (1.8K)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
B

Community Accepted Solution

Computer runs both monitors in clone mode but runs only one monitor in extended mode

BACKGROUND: On my Dell XPS 8910 running Windows Pro 10 with an NVIDIA GeForce TX 3060 graphics card installed (the graphics card has one HDMI port and three Display Port ports) I have a big 32" monitor plugged into the HDMI port and I have a little 24" monitor plugged into a Display Port. PROBLEM:

Question

Closed

XPS 8700, new PSU?

Yesterday I bought a new graphic card (AMD Radeon RX6500 XT) to upgrade the original GeForce GTX 645 that came with my DELL XPS 8700 to play CS2. I would like to upgrade the PSU. Which PSU that fits my Dell and is available in stores? Thank you

Question

Need an anti-sag plastic bracket for new Graphics card

I replaced the AMD Radeon R9 270 that came with the PC with a GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6GB Graphics Card based on the recommendations here. Card works great!  However, the power supply for the new card faces out from the motherboard whereas the old card's supply faces sideways toward the from of

Question

How to Restore Dell's Factory Image

If I ever need to return my XPS 8960 to proper working order, I will restore a known-good image. (I image my system drive daily.) Nevertheless, because I am very cautious about maintaining my system, I like to have additional options for restoring my computer. I can always do a clean install of Wi

Question

Dell XPS 27 7760 AIO 2242 M.2 SSD to 2280 M.2 SSD Securing clip

Hi all, I bought used XPS 27 7760 AIO with 7th Gen intel I7 and wanted to upgrade the M.2 SSD. I bought 2280 NVME SSD(Crucial P3 Plus). When I opened the back cover I found that there was 32 GB M.2 2242 SSD used for HDD cache. I removed it but I was unable to move the securing clip(Blue in the image

Question

XPS 8950, S2721QS, pixelated pattern flicker

Specs:XPS 8950 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K[Cores 16] [Logical processors 24]Nvidia RTX 3080 32GB RAM In the past I have had issues with my monitor shutting off for a second before coming back on, creating a “black flicker”. This persisted for months through multiple rounds of tech support

Question

Closed

XPS 8960, PSU, loud metallic rattling noise

Bought my XPS 8960 back in July 2023 and from the start there was this intermittent and extremely annoying metallic rattling noise coming from the PSU in the bottom of the machine. I put up with it for a while, but it started to get louder and more frequent. Got in touch with Dell CS who, due to my

Question

XPS 8910 SE CPU upgrade question

Hi. First time poster. I have an XPS 8910 SE with an I-6700 CPU, 64g RAM, Nvidia GTX 750TI and stock PSU. I see them for around 125.00. Is it possible to upgrade it the I7 6700K? Thank you for any help you can give.

Question

XPS 8960, RTX 4070 Ti, connection to S2722QC?

Can I connect XPS 8960 with RTX4070 Ti DisplayPort to USB-C on a S2722QC monitor?

Question

XPS 435T/9000 won’t power up normally- fan noise 3-5sec then nothing

Beginning ~10 days ago, 14yo 435T startup became inconsistent - eg fan, light, drive appeared to be starting after pressing start button but then everything stopped after ~3-5 sec.  - Sometimes a 2nd attempt 1 min later would start up & perform normally.  - Now, 80%of time it won’t m

Question

XPS 8940 360w / 500w straight swap?

Hi, a simple question, on my XPS 8940, would replacing the 360w psu with the Dell 500w psu be a straight swap? By that I mean the power connectors will be the same, and no adaptors required. Thank you.

Question

XPS 8960 Tower compatible RAM

What RAM modules are compatible for this PC? Crucial has DDR5 5600 as a module for this PC on their site, but I cannot find anything on the DELL site. The instruction manual show DDR5 4800 as compatible RAM, but I wanted to know if anyone has ran faster RAM and/or is the Crucial site correct in list

Question

media graphics card upgrade recommendations for video and photo editing

hello,i'm looking for a recommendation on a graphics card upgrade for my xps 8940.currently i have a nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 ti.i recently purchased a 4k screen and i'm looking into learning more on the video editing in my hobby.first post here,thanks in advance.

Question

Closed

XPS 8960 - SSD Drive Wipe - Returning Computer

What is the best procedure to wipe the drive of all traces of my software and personal information. The computer is being returned to DELL. Is doing the drive wipe from the BIOS the best option?

Question

XPS 8960, PCIe x4 expansion warning

I recently purchased the XPS 8960 computer and the website and manuals state that it has 1 - PCIe x16 and 2 - PCIe x4 slots. It does NOT mention that if you have a NVIDIA RTX 4070 that the two PCIe x 4 slots are blocked and cannot be utilized.   I need to add 1 10Gigibit Ethernet Adapter (PCIe

Question

Closed

XPS 8960, Clean Microsoft Windows install?

What is the best procedure to do a clean install on a new Dell XPS 8960 to remove all of the Dell stuff that is included?

Question

XPS 8940, Driver and Downloads not offering manual downloads

Since late last week manual driver downloads are not being offered from Support>Product Support for my XPS 8940 Tower. Let Dell automatically find driver updates is the only option.   I checked on three different machines, multiple days, same results. I'm not interested in installing Suppor

Question

XPS 8940, any tips in cloning SSD M.2?

Hello - I wish to upgrade my existing 512 GB Dell M.2 PCIe NVME in my XPS 8940. I currently have AronisTrue Image WD Edition cloning software.   I was thinking of using a Western Digital 1TB WD Blue SN580 NVMe - Gen4 x4 PCIe 16Gb/s, M.2 2280 card.  Also is there anything special I ne

Question

Closed

XPS 8950, disable Killer in task manager to fix upload speed

I simply went into task manager Disabled anthing that started out with the name Killer or KILLER and started using it with my full upload speed But, I have to do this every time I restart the computer or turn it on I am looking for a semi permenent way to do this automatically at boot up ! &nbs

Question

Official Solution

XPS 8940, continues to randomly freeze up

I've have updated all my drivers through Nvidia and Support assist to no avail. My out of warranty XPS 8940 continues to randomly freeze up and this has been the case for the last 45 days. I have review forums and have tried everything under the sun to no avail. Is there a fix for this? Device name

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!