Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
M

Community Accepted Solution

XPS 8960, connecting two monitors?

Please help! For my XPS 8960, How on earth do I connect two monitors to this PC? Can you try to explain it simply? Is it possible? I also have an XPS 8950 and I can connect two monitors. Why can't I do it with this one?

Question

XPS 8940, Killer E2600 Ethernet driver issues

My ISP provides internet speed of 900/10. Over Ethernet, speed tests show 900/1.  Connected over Wi-Fi, the speed tests at 375/10.  Would like to use the Ethernet connection.  All drivers from Dell Command Update are current.  Running Windows 10 Pro and all Microsoft updates are

Question

XPS 8950, SA and DU incompatible

SA (SupportAssist) vs DU (Dell Update) incompatible I have a Dell XPS 8950 desktop, running Windows 11 64-bit 22H2.It has a PC SN810 NVMe WDC 512GB SSD, running Firmware Version: 61912523. Support Assist "recommends" that I install this storage firmware for this SSD:Western Digital SN810 Solid Stat

Question

XPS 8960: Can you remove the hard drive cables from the bracket?

I'm looking to add a new hard drive to my new XPS 8960, but the cables are trapped in a bracket at the top of the motherboard: I talked to Dell technical support and they said I need to cut or break that bracket to get the cables out, which I'm reluctant to do. Is that really the only way to free

Question

Closed

XPS 8940 CPU fan/cooler error 2000-0511

So, I have upgraded my XPS 8940 to the special edition spec. Intel i7 11700k CPU - 500w PSU - Voltage regulator heatsink and the K type CPU cooler/fan + A bigger Noctua case fan. this is the problem: When I fired it up today it went straight into testing the CPU fan, and gave the error code 2000-05

Question

XPS 8930 question about cloning my Operating System

I am going to try and install a Nvme M.2 SSD into a PCI E express slot. If I haveproblems with it, I may be back. Here is what I want to do after installing the new SSD. I will give it a drive label of say "T"Now I would like to use Macrium Reflect to clone my C drive to this new T drive. 

Question

Official Solution

Why does Dell still refer to the UEFI as the BIOS?

A simple question: Why does Dell still refer to the UEFI as the BIOS? As in "there is a BIOS update for your computer". I realize that Dell is not the only organization doing this, and I'm certainly not going to make a big deal out of it. Nevertheless, an organization like Dell, with a worldwide cu

Question

XPS 8940, add 2nd via NVMe PCIe adapter SSD expansion

Hello people! I have a XPS 8940 with: i7 11700 16Gb RAM (original) BC511 SK hynix 512Gb NVMe installed in the motherboard (original) Nvidia GTX 1650 Seagate Barracuda 2TB BIOS 2.16 Windows 11 I want to replace the 2Tb HDD with a new 2Tb NVMe, and I'd like to know if a NVMe PCIe adapter SSD

Question

Closed

XPS 8930, no DELL logo on startup

Full Disclosure: I currently have a Support Issue with Dell that has now been escalated. At this point I am just wondering if this has happened or is happening to other Dell XPS 8930 (or similar) desktop users. For several weeks now, when starting the computer, the computer opens up on the "Sign-in

Question

XPS 8940, constant crashes

Intermittent crashes - complete hang, no response to keyboard, mouse. I have tried downgrading BIOS to 2.13, 2.14- no change, change RAM, remove video card. Nothing makes a difference. Event viewer shows nothing when crash occurs. All diagnostics pass. Any ideas? I am stumped. It worked ok till ab

Question

I now have to install Support Assist to view available drivers

I now have to install Support Assist to manually install drivers. I used to be able to see a list of all drivers for my XPS 8940. But now the list is not accessible unless I install Support Assist. Is this a new thing on the Dell support website? Anyone else having this issue? I have tried four diff

Question

XPS 8900 Specs

Hi there, I'm posting this after having looked at a lot of data on the precision, optiplex, and xps lines. I have a very specific system I'm trying to set up, and trying to tell from the motherboard specs whether the XPS can do the trick. Let me list the basics of what I want to set up, and then if

Question

XPS 8940, GTX 1660 Ti fan replacement?

The fan on my GTX1660Ti that shipped with my XPS has apparently lost a bearing and is quite noisy recently. Where can I get a replacement fan that fits the Dell version of this card?  Thanks!

Question

XPS 8930, PSU noisy, replacement?

At first I thought the noise was from the top fan but now I realize it's the PSU (power supply unit). I've not disassembled anything yet but am not too confident that it would be easy to find a replacement fan - so I'm thinking power supply.  I'm not sure if this power supply is 'custom' or if

Question

XPS 8940, error in Windows Recovery Partition on C:

Trying to run a backup of my C: drive. Backup program keeps complaining:  Checking the partition found errors on 1 partitions without drive letter (Unknown Partition). Click '0K' to create sector by sector backup or 'Cancel' the backup.Backup program tech support says the partition in question

Question

Absolute Software

My XPS 8960 desktop apparently has the Absolute agent (from Absolute Software) embedded in the BIOS, and currently set to Enable. The Absolute software, which is really quite impressive, can be very useful to an organization but has no value to a home user like myself, and having the agent installed

Question

XPS 8960, ASUS Geforce GTX 1660 Super OC not working

Hi, I have a new XPS 8960 and am trying to replace the graphics card that came with it (1650 Super 4 GB). I bought a ASUS TUF Gaming 1660 Super OC 6GB GDDR 6. I have put it in and can't get it to work? Any thoughts or remedies? Is their a driver I can download to get it to work. I know its

Question

XPS 8960, can't create Windows 11 Recovery USB drive

Hello, I bought a brand new XPS 8960. I want to create a USB recovery. The operation starts and seems to go well until ask to put flash drive in and click next. It doesn’t show that it pickup my USB flash drive. I have tried 32 GB and 64 GB flash drives, no luck. Any guidance is appreciated. Than

Question

What's an "Atom Core"?

The BIOS for my XPS 8960 has a setting for the number of "Atom Cores", but what is an Atom core? I know about Intel Atom processors, but my 8960 ain't got one. This 2022 article from Ars Technica says "Dell's XPS 15 BIOS refers to E-cores as Atom Cores ..." but why would Dell do that?

Question

Older Dell XPS 8700: Does it make sense to upgrade the hard drive?

My PC has a Seagate Barracuda Desktop Hard Drive ST2000DM001 2 TB hard drive. Can I, should I replace it?  I really don't know what a faster hard drive feels like.  I only know that the startup time from a cold restart is about 20 minutes, and the page swap in Chrome seems sluggish. 

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!