Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
V

Community Accepted Solution

Closed

XPS 8950, Crucial ram running at 2400MHz

I got a Dell XPS 8950 i5 12th Gen that came with 8GB DDR5 from Dell. I bought 3x8GB Crucial RAM 8GB DDR5 4800MHz CL40 Desktop Memory CT8G48C40U5 total of 32GB ram, but my system is running at 2400MHz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09HWFZZM4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details Is this normal. I saw

Question

Closed

Need new Wifi adapter card for my XPS 8900

I recently started having issues with my Wi-Fi. After trying many troubleshooting options and doing a lot of research, I believe the card is failing. I am a novice and need a recommendation for a new card. I think this is relatively simple to do, and I want to try to save some money. Any recommended

Question

Closed

A few questions about XPS 8950 options

What is the difference between Standard CPU Cooling and Advanced CPU cooling? I want to clarify the number of storage drives I can have. The manual says, "Your XPS 8950 supports up to two 3.5-inch hard drives + up to two M.2 2230/2280 solid-state drives". So if I get the XPS 8950 with dual drives (

Question

Closed

Studio XPS 435mt, I need to know what size PSU to buy, mine died...

Question

Closed

Bios update problem

I have a XPS 8930 and after a BIOS update, although the computer still recognized my SSD main drive, it would no longer boot. After exhausting all options I still had no luck getting it running. I’ve had issues with updates before where the Boot order had changed but this time that wasn’t the issue

Question

Closed

XPS 8930, Bios update 1.1.29 fails

When I try to update my Dell XPS 8930 Bios from 1.1.26 to 1.1.29, the install fails. If I open the BIOS and disable Virtualization, reboot and retry, the application crashes, and does not even come up. Here is a screenshot of the event log. https://www.screencast.com/t/d3YPXHakOoX Anyone else having

Question

Closed

XPS 8950, ODD, brackets

I would like to install a stock ODD (optical disk drive) in my XPS 8950. It was shipped with the drive but the first owner removed the drive prior to sale. My front bezel has the slot so I'd like to make use of the opportunity!  I'm trying to determine the correct drive, bracket and DVD/CD bezel. It

Question

Closed

My XPS 8950 Memory Seems Slow

I recently installed the CPU-Z utility to check on the speed of my XPS 8950. It seems to report that the RAM memory is operating more slowly than specified, but I may not be interpreting the results properly.  Any help would be appreciated. My machine came with two 8GB memory sticks in the de

Question

Closed

XPS 8950, extension cord for SATA power cable

Hi everyone, I have one of those XPS 8950's with a cage for an extra HDD located above the power supply. I managed to find a drive caddy with a SATA data cable, but SATA power supply cord provided by Dell is just too short. Anyone know where I can get an extension cord for a SATA power cable?

Question

Official Solution

Closed

XPS 8930, problem with the BIOS 1.1.27

Thanks for the Christmas gift, Dell. The BIOS update you sent me, XPS8930_1.1.27.exe, bricked my XPS 8930.

Question

Closed

XPS 8950, 80GB ram configuration?

I have a new XPS 8950 that originally shipped with 2x8GB DIMMs. I since purchased 2x32GB 4800 MHz DIMMs from Crucial. One was bad, so for the moment I'm successfully running with 1x32GB DIMM. Once I get the replacement 32GB DIMM I'll be able to do the supported 2x32GB configuration. Just curious I'd

Question

Closed

Studio XPS 435 MT, ram

dell 435mt ram I need to increase my ram from factory spec to maybe 2x What advice is available to source the correct compatible ddr3 sticks considering the age of this computer I believe they have to matched? I have cpuz installed if that helps

Question

Which Tower PC for Video Editing?

Can you suggest a good value tower PC for 4K video editing and rendering with NO GAMING at all? I thought without games, I might be able to use a less expensive PC.  Price is around $1700.  I posted here in the XPS area,  but any model or even brand would be good to research.  I

Question

XPS 8930, Ethernet issues, upload speed dropping

HELP! I have spent countless hours of remote Technical Support when my out of warranty (1 year warranty expired January 2021) XPS 8930 ran into a wall at which time after a Killer Ethernet Driver Update, many things went wrong.   Tech support for about a month attempted to resolve the problem,

Question

XPS 8930, help with "Reconnect your drive" ?

Yesterday I noticed on the bottom right of my screen under Notifications, the following message. Reconnect your Drive Your files will be temporarily copied to your Hard Drive until you reconnect your file history drive and run a backup. I'm sorry, but I am not sure what caused this, what they are

Question

Closed

XPS 8950 second 3.5 HDD (left upper) Dell sata data cable

many XPS 8950 shipped without this Dell oem cable, thus a number of users have asked where to get this cable.  There are a number of solutions including a 75 cm long red cable that has got good review.  SataGear 30in Red SATA Device Cable Straight to Left Angle R-SS-075MSL (and D

Question

XPS 8930, won't start after Windows 11 update

My Dell XPS 8930, which is running Windows 11, will no longer start. I performed a routine Windows update, but now when I go to start the computer, nothing appears on my monitor. The computer turns on, the fans operate, the caps and numbers lock keys light up, and there is a steady green LED glowin

Question

XPS 8940, should I max out the RAM?

I have an XPS 8940 with 64GB of RAM, i7 processor, 2.90GHZ, 2904MHZ 8 coresI'm considering maxing out the RAM. Do I need the max amount? Probably not - at the moment However I always max out my RAM as a way of future-proofing my devices in order to give them the longest operating life possible and

Question

XPS 435MT, 2009, video card upgrade?

Could somebody suggest a currently available video card which would be compatible with this model Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz 4.00 GB 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Video: Discrete PCI Express x16 basic input/output system (BIOS) not uefi After a recent windows upgrade

Question

XPS 8950, adding WD 2TB SSD

I am looking at a Western Digital BLACK SN750 NVMe Solid State Drive, 2TB.  It seems to be a gen3 drive. My desktop have 500GB SSD for C: drive and a 1TB drive for Can I added the WD drive in an empty slot as the E drive?  Will this be a simple process?    

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!