Search Results (604)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Community Accepted Solution

6 bit color depth on all dell laptops

Hi. I am using 3 different laptops at the moment: Precision 7720 Latitude 7480 Latitude 5531 (2022 12th gen i7)   They all have the same problem. The windows color depth is 6-bit with latest drivers installed from Dell website. I am assuming this has something to do with Intel Graphic

Question

Wattage question on 5750 with Dell USB C Hub Monitor

Good Afternoon Everyone, I have a question regarding charging wattage on 5750 which is 130w. I feel like I know the answer to this already but part of me thinks it could work. I am looking to upgrade my monitor with a Dell U3821DW USB C Hub monitor. This monitor provides 90 watts of charging power

Question

"DS:Never had bitlocker set up but my computer is asking for a key, what do I do?"

Never had bitlocker set up but my computer is asking for a key, what do I do?

Question

WD19S, fans turn on noisy, never stops

I have a recently bought WD19S dock supporting a Latitude 5420 and connected to driving two monitors + USB. After running for a few weeks with no noise, today the WD19S fans started up and never stop again? The WD19S is not remotely hot and there is no different use than the days before. I tri

Question

WD19DCS Ethernet issue after rebooting Precision 5510

I can't figure out for the life of me how to get the ethernet port to work again on this dock. I have tried other brand new docks straight out of the box, same issue. I have updated firmware, software, controller, and ethernet driver. Display port works fine on the dock, USB ports work fine because

Question

Precision 7770 hanging after lite touch download on MDT

Hello We've been imaging Dell PCs for a while now so we've had the process down. We recently got the Precision 7770 and the PC can't seem to launch lite touch after the files have been transferred. We get this result whether we launch it through windows or PXE boot. The Dell logo displays and it ju

Question

Dell precision 5540 does not accept T2000 graphics card

Hello friendsI have a dell Precision 5540 computer with a T2000 graphics card.I just reinstalled the operating system, but it does not recognize this graphics card, I have installed all the drivers for the computer, in the Manager device it does not recognize the T2000 graphics card.Can anyone pleas

Question

RAM upgrade

Hi there I'm new to the forum, I'm here today for a quick advice. As per the title, I'm planning on upgrading my RAM memory to 128GB on my mobile Precision 7750. Now, I currently have 64GB (non-ECC) @3200 MHz, but just a single stick of 32GB @3200MHz, non-ECC is crazy expensive!  

Question

Dell Precision 7550 Bluetooth Headset vs Headphones Connection Issue

Hi,I have an issue with a new set of bluetooth headphones and my Dell Precisions 7550 Workstation. I'm using 64 bit Windows 10, and have all the latest drivers installed. The headphones are Sennheiser Momentum 4, using Bluetooth 5.2. The headset actually connects to the computer without issue; the p

Question

4 WEEKS Delay In Service...Everyday is a promised service day

I got a Precision 5560, and it came with battery issue. First time I got it fixed, two services were scheduled cuz the battery issue was not be aware of at the first time. But the computer got fixed soon, it was acceptable, I was happy with the result. One month later, same problem appeared, and t

Question

Install a second Windows 11

I have a Precision 7560 with Windows 11. I want to install a second Windows 11, creating a dual-boot setup with two installations of Windows 11. (The main reason for this is to have another Windows installation that I can use to troubleshoot configuration problems without destroying my current inst

Question

Vostro 5515, Waves MaxxAudio Pro audio greyed out

The option will not come up with my 3.5 mm jack on my input options as you can see below: So I downloaded Waves MaxxAudio Pro audio as I was told to, to resolve, when using this for the first time it worked perfectly. But now for the second time after a wipe of my machine, the audio is greyed out

Question

Precision 5560 service tag utility screen

I purchased a replacement motherboard from eBay as I had no warranty on the device and they didn't give me a service tag number so I am stuck and the service tag utility screen if I put the service tag associated to my computer will it allow the computer to boot up or will it lock the motherboard, I

Question

Has anyone successfully used a 4 TB NVMe SSD with a 7530?

I recently got a 4 TB NVMe drive (WD SN850x) to use in my 7530 and the machine will not boot with it installed. I see this questions asked elsewhere in this forum and the answer seems to be "should work" but I can't find confirmation of anyone actually making it work. Has anyone done so? If so, w

Question

Precision Workstation 3570 CTO - Boot issue

Hi all! I bought a new Precision Workstation 3570 CTO two months ago. After the first BIOS update (from Dell Command Update) the laptop started having a problem on the boot. The PC has to be started two times: with the first one I see the Dell logo but after some seconds the PC shuts down; with t

Question

Precision 5560 - Speakers not working after firmware update to 1.12.0

So after recent update the realtek speakers are not working.. Has anybody else had this issue   Thanks

Question

Precision 7730, 10 days so far to replace a keyboard

I purchased my Precision 7730 in November 2019, along with 3 years of "Next Business Day On-Site Service" ProSupport. I registered my issue with Dell Support, a problem with the keyboard and trackpad keys, on Tuesday, 16/08/2022. The technician was supposed to come on Thursday 18/08/2022. No show, a

Question

RAID 0 for 2 SSDs with SED

Hi, Any one can let me know if I buy a new Precision 7770 mobile workstation can use RAID 0 to config 2 SSDs with SED function? The reason is that company policy that all hard disk must have SED. I want Disk 1 and Disk2 can use RAID 0 to increase disk speed for large scale simulation. Another Dis

Question

Precision 7550 screen not working after restart

We have a Precision 7550 that the screen works in the bios and screen tests and when you first reimage windows, but once you restart the laptop after a windows install the screen shows the dell logo on boot up but then goes black and does not boot into windows. If I connect the computer to an extern

Question

Missing drivers for mass storage and PCI Serial Port

Hello, I am trying since couple of days to solve problem that I see in device manager. next to "Mass storage controller" , "Broadcom USH", "PCI Serial Port" I see yellow triangle error icon. I already tried to uninstall, disable etc. in device manager but without success. How to solve this probl

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!