Search

Search Results (604)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Community Accepted Solution

Precision 5550 overheating issues since BIOS Update(?)

Hi all, I have my Precision 5550 with an Core i7-10875H and a Quadro T2000 since January 2021 and it was performing quite well. Throttling always has been an issue, but in the whole time I'm using it, it only shutdown once because of thermal overheating when rendering a 3D Blender file with CPU and

Question

WD19TB after firmware upgrade not able to run 4k with 60Hz

Hello! This is my very first post here, so please let me know if this is the correct category... I have a Dell WD19TB docking station. Till today everything was fine. After running DellDockFirmwarePackage_WD19_WD22_HD22_Series_01.00.09.exe the station has been upgraded. But after that I cannot run

Question

integrated graphics

I have an 8 month old Dell XPS 8940 that has an HDMI and a display port with intel integrated graphics. I have 2 32" 4 K monitors. Can I hook 1 up to the HDMI and 1 up to the DP? If not, how do I get the 500 watt power supply upgrade so I can install a better graphics card? I have a Radeon RX470 4

Question

Precision 7550 screen blacks out and flickers during screen sharing in Zoom or WebEx

Hello; This problem has plagued this Dell Precision 7550 laptop for at least one year. I always keep drivers, BIOS, and packages updated monthly, and I even install SupportAssist during these monthly updates to help ensure accuracy of driver selections.  (I then uninstall SupportAssist to pre

Question

DELL Precision 7560 - BIOS not accessible

I have noticed that SSD in SSD-0 slot (under service door) is heating pretty much (up to 70 deg C) comparing to another SSD in SSD-1 slot. Of course, first one is system disk and second one is storage but still, heating of the first one is pretty annoying. Also, the one in zero slot does not have th

Question

Precision 5770 for Engineering Student?

Hello, I'm starting college next fall and will need a new laptop. It's still nearly a year before I'm going to purchase one, so I'm being a bit proactive here. But, I figured I'll get something with a 12th gen Alder lake CPU, since they'll have been out for a little over a year and likely be a mor

Question

Precision M6500 will not start after installing i7-940XM CPU

Hi All, Well I am finally installing all my new upgraded parts (still searching for a 5000m graphics card & heatsink), however after installing the i7-940XM CPU it will not start. This is the second CPU I have tried with the same result. Has anyone had similar problems when installing this CPU?

Question

Dell laptop freezing after installing windows

So i have a dell precision 7510 laptop and everytime I install windows it just wont boot into windows and when it does it just freezes i've tried booting into safe mode and all that stuff and i just cant solve it. Although for some reason when i awitched the hdd into another computer that computer i

Question

Precision 5560 and USB headset

I have a laptop user with one of the high performance PRECISION 5560 laptops. She is using the high performance dock, correct for this laptop. She has a USB headset. The headset works on all other devices, laptops, tablets and PCs, audio in and out. So this is not a headset issue. Here's the issue:

Question

Precision 7740 - Thunderbolt not working after BIOS 1.20.2 update

Hello there...After updating my 7740 to latest BIOS 1.20.2 the TB3 port is not working properly. I had a WD19T docking (with 240W power supply) connected, which did not charge the 7740 anymore. Also, no USB stick or connected LAN was working. First thing I thought is that docking is gone to nirvana,

Question

Precision 5560 Camera Adjusts Colors to Grey

Hello - When I am on a Zoom or Google Meets call my camera adjusts the colors to grey. I have checked with several people to ensure its not just my computer screen and they have given me feedback that while sometimes my camera does display color it is mainly greyish, as if the saturation is turn

Question

Precision 5550 freeze and glitching screen issues

Randomly while using my computer the screen will freeze and glitch until I close and open the lid. The computer continues to run normally while the screen is frozen.  I've updated the graphics drivers and run all diagnosed applications but did not find any issues.  I've tried googling the

Question

SupportAssist diagnostics, cable error D0901

- Cable - FailList of error codes- Cables - functional tests - D0901 What is this and how do i fix it.

Question

Precision 5530 fan speed too low ?

Lately I noticed that under heavy load, my CPU quickly throttles back to 90%, i.e. about 2.35 GHz (i7 - 8850H @2.60 GHz). With a light load, I get 4.10 GHz or more. Even when the Windows "Power Mode" is set to 'Best performance' or the Dell Power Manager "Thermal Management" set to 'Ultra Performan

Question

Precision 7550 - power from dual monitors

Is it possible to use two seperate monitors with USB-C power delivery to power my Precision 7550 via the two USB-C ports? I know I can power my laptop from a single monitor at <100 W, but can I use two monitors in parallel to deliver the full power requirement (provided the moitors can deliver e

Question

Battery swollen, Touchpad raised up, out of warranty

Hi! Noticed the touchpad raised a little bit up since the end of 2020 way before the warranty expired. I never use touchpad and did not pay attention to the little deform. Recently it raised way up there and checked online and learned it is the battery issue and dangerous. I wonder whether Dell can

Question

Laptop Fan comes on for 2-3 seconds, twice, every 15 minutes

My Dell Precision M3800 laptop fan turns on for about 2-3 seconds, then off, then back on for 2-3 seconds. This repeats every 15 minutes (exactly every 15 minutes).  And when the fan runs (loud), I can do nothing but wait because it won't accept typing, mouse moving, nothing.  Everyone in

Question

Precision 7550 BIOS not recognizing WD SN770 2TB NVMe SSD

Precision 7550 specs state up to 2TB M.2 NVMe supported (Class 40), but only up to 1TB M.2 NVMe (Class 50). However, it doesn't appear anyone outside of Dell uses those terms.  How can I get my 7550 to detect the SN770, or is this simply too good a drive for my (only 2 year old) 7550?  Wh

Question

Official Solution

Closed

Dell 7560 / 7760 RTX A3000/A4000 nvpcf.sys bluescreens

Our company is experiences several laptops going to bluescreen loop with NVPCF.SYS crash. We have identified this to be related to Nvidia driver updates. The laptops works fine as long as we don't update the nvidia driver. When the bluescreen loop starts, we have to change BIOS setting Storage SATA

Question

Dell 240W Adapter Input

So recently I got a Dell G3 5520 with a 240 W adapter. It came with a 16 Amp plug. I cannot find a 16 Amp plug in my room, can I use a 6 Amp to 16 Amp converter with my laptop without any problems? The attached is the ratings of the adapter.

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!