Search Results (1.7K)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Community Accepted Solution

m15 R7, second SSD disappearing and freezing

Hi, I recently installed and formatted a Samsung 980 PRO ssd in my M15 r7 second ssd slot.. However, it seems to be disappearing during certain tasks ex: moving files, installing games etc.. I am not sure what the cause of the issue is. From the forums and other online posts I read that others had

Question

15 R3, upgrade my SSD

Hi there I still work with the initial 256GB SSD in my Alienware 15 R3, but it comes to an end in terms of space and I would like to upgrade to 1TB. Now I have the following questions I hope someone here can answer: Is the Samsung 980 Pro working in my Alienware How do I clone my current 256G

Question

17 R4, black screen touch pad not lightning up

Hello, My Alienware laptop 17 R4 when switching it on stuck with a black screen. All lights are on ( keyboard, logo, side lights on the case) apart the touch pad lights, fans on full speed. Stuck with black screen. Did anyone else occurred this issue before?

Question

Area-51m R2, second AC adapter issue

Hello, I starting observing this weird behavior of my second AC adapter today on my Alienware Area-51m R2. When both adapters are plugged in, my Area-51m R2 is lagging. 1- While gaming, when I plug only the main adapter in, it's relatively smooth. Then as soon as I plug in the second one it start

Question

Official Solution

m15 R7, wizard interrupted before AWCC installed

the wizard was interrupted before alienware command center package manager could be completely installed problem how do i fix it?

Question

M17x R3, CPU/GPU fan issue

Hello all, Well, I think I just added some stress to myself. I updated my M17x R3 from the A08 bios to A12, laptop started fine, repasted cpu and gpu with new thermal paste, and then (and I think this is where I went sideways I hope) blew out the fans, not with compressed air, but and this is crin

Question

Area-51m R2, problem with guarantee

I have Area-51m R2 and I wanted to use the guarantee. But in customer service they said that the owner information does not match and I cannot use the premium guarantee. I should contact the place where I bought this laptop. But that was over a year ago and I don't have the way to contact anymo

Question

m15 R7, is CT2K16G56C46S5 compatible?

I am going to upgrade the ram to 2x Crucial 32GB Kit (2x16GB) DDR5-5600 SODIMM. Does anyone know whether they are compatible? My m15 R7 is 12700H + RTX 3070 Ti.  Thanks!

Question

Official Solution

M17x R4, another GTX 1070 upgrade thread

Hello guys, first post on this great forum, As title says I'll be attempting to install a gtx 1070 on my r4, I have read several threads about this but have some questions still, some threads ask for a modded bios others just modifying th .inf file on the Nvidea driver. Which one should I perform?

Question

M17x R3, power supply general question

I have already posted one other question about this laptop, but I figured I’d start a new thread since my other issue was resolved. This particular laptop uses a 240w psu, which at the time I still do not have, as the original owner kept it, one is currently in the mail to me though as I write this.

Question

m15 R7, rebooting when disconnecting from WD19S dock

Yesterday, when restarting my laptop after updated it's firmware and ever since, it restarts every time I disconnect the WD19S dock. I usually switch back and forth between my work laptop and my personal laptop several times a day and having to recover/restart tasks every time is getting annoying.

Question

M17x R3, rubberized coating

Hello, I recently got my first Alienware laptop M17x R3, albeit a bit old, it runs fine. My issue is with the tacky rubberized coating on the palm-rest, the lid isn’t too bad yet. I am looking for general suggestions to combat the issue, as it is kind of annoying and having pets in the house isn’t

Question

x14 R1, how can I file a complaint or take action

Hi, I purchased a brand new Alienware x14" laptop on Nov 28, 2022 from Best Buy. I noticed the Wi-Fi was losing signal and I contacted Dell customer service in Mid Dec, they suggested it could be due to my router or outdated driver and all the basic trouble-shooting stuff. I day-trade and this manuf

Question

Area-51m R2, never goes to sleep?

Hi, I have my Alienware Area-51m R2 on the latest update of Windows 10. No matter what I do with the power settings, the computer will never go to sleep. I can invoke a small executable named Sleep_Suspend and the computer goes to sleep. I've tried messing with most of the advanced setting in the

Question

m15 R7, 2nd NVME slot 2TB SN850 issue since BIOS 1.12.0

Hello, I've been having problem free computing since I bought my M15 R7 along with a 2TB SN850 for secondary storage, but since BIOS update 1.12.0, the SN850 has been having performance deterioration until it vanishes from Windows OS upon every reboot. Temperatures have been low 33-40c, but appear

Question

x14 R1, long boot time

Laptop takes too long to boot remains on alienware logo screen for 5-10 minutes.

Question

x17 R1, Windows 11, audio stops if no app is playing any sound

I am so tired. Me and my Grandma have contacted support about this issue multiple times and even got assist from a technician with RemoteAssist, but it is going nowhere. My laptop has this issue where, if no application is playing any sound at all, then after a little bit (like say 30 seconds) the

Question

Area-51m R1, add more m2 slots instead of the 2.5" SSD?

Hi! Was wondering if there was a similar workaround like this one for the Area-51m R1? Can't find anything other than that 2 x m2 slot interposer for the Area-51m R2. But I need one for the Area-51m R1. Could this work for the Area-51m R2 as well? Thankful for all the helpI can get.

Question

Official Solution

DS: NEW! Alienware M16 & M18

Have you heard it is coming back? What are your thoughts? More info here: https://dell.alienwarearena.com/alienware-revamps-its-iconic-laptop-armada-at-ces-2023/ To view older questions, please click here.

Question

m15 R7, QHD panel type?

Hi guys, I am trying to determine the quality of the QHD panel on the m15 R7, specifically the colors range, eg is it 90%-100% Adobe or is it "100% RGB"? As I cannot seem to find the information on the specs, I have gone "backwards" and looked up a replacement panel on eBay, it is the BOE NE156QHM

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!