Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
S

Community Accepted Solution

Closed

M14x R2, different PC OS image, issues

I have recently cloned my [UEFI] ssd drive [GPT]  from a different computer [Windows 10] to my laptop, but now my touchpad is not working/detected, PS/2 Port Touchpad is hidden in device manager. I've tried reinstalling and uninstalling completely. Restarting and it just shows device not workin

Question

Closed

M17 R3, Compatible with Killer Wi-Fi 6E AX1675x?

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my current wireless adapter from a Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650w to the newer Wi-Fi 6E AX1675x with 6MHz bandwidth but I'm not sure if the socket connection is the same on the motherboard.

Question

Closed

X15 R1. My battery is not working

There was an error message shows up before I started my laptop, but only once and I forgot the accurate content. Something like "the battery cannot be xxx". Now I cannot see this anymore even though my battery is still not working. The battery is fully charged and kept in charge. But the laptop jus

Question

Closed

2014 Alienware 17 R1 GPU compatibility.

Hello, I have a 2014 Alienware 17 R1 with the i7-4700qm cpu (which I am deciding on a good cpu upgrade at the moment, and 32gb of ram, and originally had the gtx 765m gpu, been upgraded to the 780m gpu.. I have a 240w psu for it, and was wondering if it could handle the gtx 870m, or if I wou

Question

Closed

m15 R5, which SSD?

I'm looking to add another SSD. I'm thinking of the Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe NVMe 4.0 M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V8P500B). But I'm looking for other options and I don't even know if it's compatible?

Question

Closed

17 R1, how to fit in a HDD/SDD into the bay reserved for the ODD?

Dear all, I have the following issue: I have an Alienware 17 R1 with DVD rom. Now I would like to replace the dvd rom by a hard drive/ssd. Only, how can I fit it into the optical drive bay?   As I understand, I will have to get a so-called caddy - only which one exactly? I have already got one

Question

Closed

m15 R6, AC adapter not working

My alienware ac adapter suddenly stopped working. The led indicator also not lighting up. It's connected but no light. Have checked no damage as well. Not sure why it happened. 

Question

Closed

m17 R2, differences between M.2 slots?

According to the spec sheet for the Alienware m17 R2, the two M.2 slots have different interfaces. One is PCIe Gen3 0x4 NVMe (up to 32 Gbps) and the other is SATA AHCI (up to 6 Gbps). But I can't find any information indicating which is which. From what I've read, it seems that both slots should be

Question

Closed

m15 R1, battery replacement

I have an Alienware m15 R1 laptop with 6 Cell 90 WHR Lithium Ion replacement battery. This battery is now not working and needs to be replaced . Dell is now not selling 6 Cell battery and I could see that they have 4 Cell battery for this laptop. Can anyone confirm if the 4 Cell battery will fit in

Question

Closed

Alienware Update & SupportAssist - Check for Updates

Are they both down today? They do not work and I get an error message. Here's a screenshot from Alienware Update with the error message

Question

Closed

x17 R1, screen goes black

Hi I got a new alienware x17 R1, i7-11800h, RTX 3080 16GBThe screen goes black when I am playing games. Yesterday I heard a small click sound before the screen went off. The keyboard is on and I hear the fans running. I was playing a very easy game CSGO. I am in Portugal right now. Is there any solu

Question

Closed

M17x R4, beeping at Power-up

Hey all, I've got an old beefy M17x R4 that I hadn't used in a few years but just started to again recently.  When I hit the power button, it starts beeping.  I have to hold the power button down to force it off, then press it again to power on--then it boots up and runs perfectly.  Any idea what's

Question

Closed

m16 R1, overlocking feature is disable, grayed out and cannot turn on

How can I overlock my m16 R1? On my device the overlocking feature on BIOS is grayed out. specs : i9 13900HX / RTX 4080 This is the screenshot of my m16 R1 = ------------------ This is the screenshot of someone else who also uses m16 R1. He has overlocking feature enable =    

Question

Closed

m15 R1, can't undervolt

I noticed that recently my CPU temps started to rise again and when I checked throttlestop, all the options in FIVR are locked. Undervolting helped a lot for this model and after doing some search, I found out about Intel Undervolt Protection : overclocking (reddit.com). although I don't know if it

Question

m15 R1, battery replacement

During a half hour game of Monopoly Madness when plugged in, the battery drained from 100% to 93% in my Alienware m15, which is three and a half years old. This is not a one off either. My understanding is that the battery should only discharge a maximum of 5% per hour when plugged in and gaming. Af

Question

Closed

m16 R1, electrical noise while charging

My m16 R1 laptop makes electronic noise when it's charging and I'm pretty sure it's not the noise coming out of the speakers. I also changed the power adapter and used outlets in different places, but the problem persisted. The noise only occurred when I was using and charging the laptop, and was co

Question

M17x R3, GPU cooler question

Hello All, Another question for all you Alienware aficionados.. since this is my first one, I have lots of questions. I recently got a M17x R3 in surprisingly good condition, so far it has just needed a battery (and I hope) cpu/gpu fans. Other than that everything is working great. It came with t

Question

m17 R5, AMD heatsink material

Hey everyone! I wanna repaste my laptop with liquid metal but I have to know that heatsink material is copper or aluminum. As you know I can't apply Liquid metal on aluminum surface because liquid metal include gallium which may be absorbed by aluminium. -I will use Kapton tape to protect circuits

Question

Can you Swap parts between different Alienware laptops?

Hi I have an older 17 R4-4K laptop. I neen to get some basic ribbon lock caps for a few of the ribbon connectors.  I am a bit concerned if I buy a used (17 R4-2K, 17 R3, 15 R4, etc) instead.... that the internel parts would be too different, thereby spending hundreds of dollars on "useless par

Question

Closed

m17 R4, RTX 3080 motherboard replacement cost?

Trying to repaste my CPU since it was idling around 80. When I opened the retaining clip holding in the power button ribbon cable, it caught on one of the pins, bent it up, and then broke it off. Warranty expired May 2022. I can't get the ribbon cable to make a good connection, but if I hold it in p

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!