Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
H

Community Accepted Solution

m16 R1, Windows 10 support?

This computer came with Windows 11. Does Dell have a Windows 10 Pro build for this laptop? YES I KNOW 11 is now out and comes on this laptop. BUT Windows 10 still has support for through 2025.

Question

m18 R1, not able to shutdown properly

Whenever I used the laptop for too long, say more than 10 hours, when I tried to shut it down(properly, using the shutdown option provided in the Win11 starting menu, of course), it won't shutdown. I could observe that my mouse still has its lights on, as well as the keyboard light. Once this condi

Question

x16/m16, question about multi-monitor support?

Hi,I wanted to get a new laptop, thinking about a new Alienware x16/m16. But I need to connect four 4K@60hz displays to it. And in the support manual, it is showing that only two monitors are supported. I also have a dock: WD22TB4, will it work with X16/M16? Can I connect four monitors with it (4k

Question

m17 R3, help trying to expand storage with a PCIe M2 2280 SSD

I only have very basic computer skills. I was trying to expand storage with a PCIe M2 2280 SSD on my Alienware M17 R3. I found a video on how to open the back of the laptop and plug it in, so I did that, closed it back up and turned the computer on. I assumed this process would be like plugging in a

Question

m17 R5, bios update bricked my laptop

I performed the bios update that was just released on 10/08/2023 and now my laptop will not start. The screen stays black and the power button flashes 3 red and 6 blue. I don't know what I can do because I'm on a trip overseas atm and I really need it right now.

Question

Official Solution

Closed

m16 R1, OpenRGB/AlienFX Linux Keyboard LED Updates, uses Maximum 65W for CPU

The m16 R1 is a best, theoretically. However, due to some wild graphics issues under Windows, I've had to switch to Linux. Specifically Arch Linux as Ubuntu was NOT working. 1) OpenRGB and AlienFX are unable to control the LED colors and zones on the keyboard. How long until those projects are provi

Question

Closed

m15 R1, installation media for Windows 10

Dears,  I need your advice to clear one doubt, can I create Windows 10 installation media directly downloading from the Windows website, or should I create it from the Old windows version. Also, can I use the same Media drive to reinstall fresh windows on multiple systems or do these need to be indi

Question

Closed

m18 R1, SSD heatsink?

Hi everyone, I recently bought a Sabrent 4TB M2 drive which is a 4th gen drive. Will that need a heatsink OR will the native Alienware heatsink be enough? Thanks, Stefos

Question

Closed

m15 R7, charging questions

I purchased an alienware m15 R7 3 weeks ago. And when I am gaming I put my laptop to charge. Is it okay to do it for a long time though, lets say 4-5 hours a day? If not tell me the maximum limit for how much time my laptop must be plugged in while gaming.

Question

Closed

m17 R5, backlight bleed, performance issue when running on battery

I just got my m17 R5, and while I love the screen size and overall performance of the machine, it has some terrible and very annoying backlight bleed. I contacted dell support via chat, and the guy I spoke to told me it's normal. After doing some research, it seems that a lot of people have the same

Question

Closed

17 R2, ram upgrade specifications

My Alienware 17 R2 has 1x8gb of ram and I want to upgrade to 2x16gb. But can I just add another stick of ram to the default Dell ram or must they be the same brand?

Question

m15 R7, not switching to dGPU RTX 3060 anymore

I came to my notice that my m15 R7 isn't switching to dGPU RTX 3060 while playing games.1. Confirmed via Nvidia Dynamic Mode Tray Icon and Nvidia Control Panel. 2. Confirmed via Display Settings in Windows.GPU: RTX 3060 During gameplay, when used to sitting for ~30 sec to switch to dGPU, it doesn't

Question

Closed

18 R1, fans at top speed

Hi, I have  Windows 10 installed on my Alienware 18 R1 laptop, along with the Alienware Control Center installed. It is working fine, however the fans are always running at full speed and very noisy. I manually cleaned the fans but it didn't change anything. What could be wrong? Thank you.

Question

Closed

Using an External GPU on an Alienware M9700

Using an eGPU on an Alienware M9700 II know I can't game on it. I just want to use it as a media center. So I will be hooking it up to my Tv to watch shows and movies. The internal gpus of course, overheat , as they are ancient. SO, I want to go the external route, IF possible. The riser is cheap.

Question

Closed

m17 R2, Wake on Lan?

I am trying to get Wake on Lan working. I have activated the feature in the Killer 3000 Ethernet driver. But the BIOS doesn't seem to support it. Can someone confirm there is no Wake on Lan support for this computer? If, as I suspect, it's true there is no support, that surprises me greatly for a pr

Question

Closed

m17 R1, crashing

Hi everyone, So I have had my Alienware m17 R1 for nearly 4 years and have not had any significant issues with it. Over the past few weeks it has started to crash a lot. I have tried running system tests updating bios but it just keeps crashing. It is mainly when I am playing a game that it crashes.

Question

Closed

18 R1, WiFi card cabling cause temperature problems

I once accidently swapped the cables (connected the black cable in the white spot and the white cable in the black spot) and when I turned on the laptop, it was literally upside down (screen off, keyboard light on). I then put the cables properly and the laptop ran properly. Will this mistake affect

Question

Closed

m18 R1, thinner power brick?

Hi all, Can anyone recommend a thin power brick for the AW m18 R1?  I didn't realize the bulk of the stock power brick. The Power Brick needs to 330W at least. Thank you, Stefos

Question

Closed

m17 R1, Bios update question

Hello everyone, I would like to ask someone for help. I installed Bios version 2.19.0 in 02/21/2023. But today 07/12/2023 when I try to search on the Dell website for a newer BIOS version, the page shows me 2.16.0? Is this a bug or a joke? Does anyone have the same problem? How can we fix this? Than

Question

Closed

18 R1, and Davinci Resolve

Hi, I have an 8 years old (I think) Alienware18 laptop, currently running Linux. I wish to use it to run Davinci Resolve 18, Denhancer, stuff like that for editing videos. On Linux it is almost impossible to run Davinci on such a machine due to NVIDIA drivers problems. Is it worth it to reinstall or

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!